Anovos TK armor preorder

Hi there. I am not a 501 member yet, but I am anxiously anticipating. I bought the Anovos armor (still waiting on it!), TK boots, the DoopyDoo E-11 blaster kit, and am ready to get started on my build. Very excited/nervous. I don't know if here is the place to ask, but since it was mentioned here, I will ask it here. I want to go for a Centurion build. Does anyone know if the Anovos armor will qualify for Centurion? Thanks.

Shawn

Edited by jediknight2212

Does anyone know if the Anovos armor will qualify for Centurion?

No one knows, because no one has seen the full armor yet. We are optimistic that with the proper modifications it can possibly qualify for Centurion (even Rubies has been modified as far as EIB), but nobody knows if there's a deal-breaker in the armor until it's properly examined.

At worst, the consensus is that it should be a straightforward admission into the 501st with minimal modification, assuming it is properly fitted to you. Admission is as much about fitment as it is film accuracy.

The only thing that is starting to concern me is that they have already said that production has begun and released some teaser pics of the first pulls and indicated they are on their way to the fulfillment facility for a late December ship date.

If all of this is true then why haven' they released any final armor pictures, bucket pictures or anything like that. If it is all done and getting ready to ship you would think they would be blasting publicity pictures everywhere. Even their preorder page still has the old prototype pictures. Makes me concerned what the final product will actually be. We are taking a huge risk here buying a product sight unseen and they need to give us an update with final pictures ASAP if they are actually shipping in a few weeks.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 1

I just sent this to Anovos customer service so I will let you know what they say.......

"Hello,

​I have two (2) Classic trilogy storm trooper kits and two (2) Shadow trooper kits on order. I bought them at the 1st pre-order release so I should be in the first wave of delivery. It has been reported that you hope to ship towards the end of December and that the product is already being produced and sent to order fulfillment facilities. I also understand that I can cancel my orders for a full refund before it ships.

​My question and concern is are we going to see the finished product before you ship them? If they are already produced and going to the shippers can you please start showing the finished product? I am concerned that the first time I see it will be when it arrives at my door and now I am stuck with something that was not as advertised.

​Thank you."

Wow, that was fast. They already replied...

"We have been sending out newsletter updates which feature pictures of pieces."

I responded saying that I already received the newsletter pictures and that this didn't answer my question. Again, will we get to see the complete final product before they ship?

So......... their response......

"Due to the holiday season and the fact that shipments will probably begin around the same time that the final production piece reaches our photographer, this isn't likely."

I guess now is the time to jump ship or keep the faith and hope that those of us in the first wave actually get a good product. I would hope they are smart enough to realize if they ship junk within minutes of the first box opening the word will spread like wild fire and if it is crap all orders will be canceled.

I think I will hold out and can always cancel my shadow troopers if these are crap.

I still feel this is poor planning on their part and does not build confidence with the product. The higher ups must have seen the finished product and they even stated that Disney was approving all parts so someone with a camera or phone could have taken some pictures by now and shared them with us that have put our money up without seeing the product.

Wow, that was fast. They already replied...

"We have been sending out newsletter updates which feature pictures of pieces."

I responded saying that I already received the newsletter pictures and that this didn't answer my question. Again, will we get to see the complete final product before they ship?

Yeah, they are pretty noncommital in their answers... The more I think about it, the more I think that they may have talked a bit too openly in the past in interviews and on forums and that has come back to haunt them... So don't expect more that a line that doesn't really says much and keep looking for those newsletters...

At this point I feel better and their customer service has been great today.

This is their final response and it sounds like they understand our concerns and are willing to work with us.

"I do understand this, and I thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention so that I am able to address those as best as I am able. 

To assist you with this, we can certainly hold the shipment until new photos of the final product can be taken and made available publicly. 
Otherwise, should you wish to have the items shipped and they do not meet your expectations, we can certainly take back the items (as long as they are in re-sellable condition) and refund accordingly." ANOVOS.

Also, does anybody want pictures from the Disney Launch Bay? I will be there tomorrow.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 3

At this point I feel better and their customer service has been great today.

This is their final response and it sounds like they understand our concerns and are willing to work with us.

"I do understand this, and I thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention so that I am able to address those as best as I am able.

To assist you with this, we can certainly hold the shipment until new photos of the final product can be taken and made available publicly.

Otherwise, should you wish to have the items shipped and they do not meet your expectations, we can certainly take back the items (as long as they are in re-sellable condition) and refund accordingly." ANOVOS.

Also, does anybody want pictures from the Disney Launch Bay? I will be there tomorrow.

So it looks like they really are about to ship... Uh, interesting

Remember that most of the ANOVOS stuff (except the pre-packaged Han/Officer belt buckles and Han waist belt) is only on display as examples. Those who pre-ordered direct from ANOVOS will have priority order when it comes to shipping, too.

Remember that most of the ANOVOS stuff (except the pre-packaged Han/Officer belt buckles and Han waist belt) is only on display as examples. Those who pre-ordered direct from ANOVOS will have priority order when it comes to shipping, too.

That is correct.

A few days ago people were talking about the TK in Launch Bay and were asking for pictures but it looks like it is an early prototype that doesn't represent the final kit but I thought I would still offer.

Referring to the canon/Battlefront discussion, the in-game TK helmets have the tube stripe color on the traps (to save disc space?) and the shadow troopers have blue tube stripes, contrary to Anovos' pictured helmets. So I'd agree that while the BoJ is a canon event in SW history, the characters shown are really just representative. The canonity of shadow troopers outside of the game(s) is another issue, but I doubt Anovos would get into that game without some sort of foreshadowing (lol) from LFL. I ordered a shadow helmet during the last sale just for funzies at this point (not investing in a whole full-price suit), with expectation of them being featured in Rogue One and becoming concretely canonized. Seems like the shadows I've seen trooping have more reflective mouth paint/decals than Anovos' pictures so it'll be very interesting to see (if we'll ever get) an example straight from LFL's prop dept. :)

The right eye shape looks smoothed out just like the Anovos. There's still a small bulge but it's not as prononced as in the originals, so it looks like the real thing.

This was posted by KWdesigns, who is well known here... It would make sense that Anovos would have retained their services for building the helmets and suits, don't you think?

It's me or the mics tips on those buckets in the second picture seem to be molded on the same pull?

That's just you. The second picture posted by Eric is one of the original helmets back in 1976-77.

So stopped by the Launch Bay on Saturday at Disneyland and there was not a single Anovos original TK. They had the classic bucket, the TFA bucket and the full Vader. The models were cool and the first order flame trooper was awesome..

ft_zpshx4bwryp.jpg

These guys were pretty cool in the Star Trader shop too..

tfa_zps8xrzrx8o.jpg