Anovos TK armor preorder

I purchased two kits with the intent of building them to my size and selling them. I just like putting together armor and encouraging the growth of the 501st. I was hoping to sell the kits once made for around $1,000 

I'll wait though to get these kits in my hands. They were so 'cheap' when they were first up for preorder. I might just chrome plate one of them for a custom Phasma inspired trooper  B)

I'm starting to second guess myself. Really starting to think the shadow trooper could be awesome. No rules when it comes to modding it any way you want.

True that. But I just can't bring myself to depart canon...no shadow trooper for me.

That said, it's always the coolest to see a dozen white troopers and one black one. I just wish the shadow troopers had some sort of extra scary weapon. The saber just doesn't cut it. Seems out of place to the uninitiated.

True that. But I just can't bring myself to depart canon...no shadow trooper for me.

That said, it's always the coolest to see a dozen white troopers and one black one. I just wish the shadow troopers had some sort of extra scary weapon. The saber just doesn't cut it. Seems out of place to the uninitiated.

If we're to view Battlefront as canon at all then Shadowtroopers are canon to a certain degree.

• Like 1

There is a lot of speculation that they'll appear in Rogue One, and I'd say while that Battlefront should be considered a Canon source, an onscreen appearance would pretty much do away with any customization of the costumes as there'd be hard details to follow after that.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's hard to draw the line where Battlefront goes from canon to fantasy. So are we to assume that certain storylines are canon (battle of Jakku) and others are not (Luke vs. Vader on Hoth)? Or are the stories not canon but the troopers are? Or only some stories? Multiplayer only?

This is why I can't even accept a shock trooper as canon, let alone a shadow trooper. On the other hand, the Battle of Jakku is so heavily advertised that it is clearly meant to be taken as canon. Battlefront unfortunately really muddies the waters for the sake of fan service.

As Eric pointed out, movie canon can easily depart from any of this.

Really can't wait to see what Rogue One does for all of this, because we will most definitely be getting a fourth kind of traditional TK. That excites me the most.

lol, what's the difference in the world of CG?

Hey now! Let's not get into an empty metaphysical debate. That's what the legion forums are for.

-Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So, with all the complaints I see, I guess its better to just wait and see what the kits look like when the finally ship?

I would love to purchase armor, but this would be my first armor, and would love it to be 501st approved, so I can start trooping.

The only problem that I can see with their complaints is that no matter what, ANOVOS just won't be up to snuff against the higher-quality and more expensive armors. It might have a chance at taking some business from armorers in the lower end of the price range like ATA, but let's face it: if someone wants TM, they're going to buy TM. I expect ANOVOS' armor to be a little lower-quality than ATA, but with all the soft parts the ANOVOS price is still going to be an excellent deal. That being said, ATA basically has unlimited demand (his wait times are already insane, and I'm sure they'll stay that way) so I really don't think it'll impact his business at all.

They're similar products, but ultimately they're all good for different things. ANOVOS isn't going to make as big a splash as many seem to believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There is no armor out there i would spend the requested price. I don´t like the combination of making profit without license.

RS could be the only one due to it´s lineage - but i can´t stand the look, and my wife wouldn´t allow me to display something that crude other than in a corner of the basement.

Atm i´m just hoping the sanitizing on the Anovos suits makes them less shabby looking.

Plastidip goes on really thin (even after several coats) and doesn't peel so easily. Not unless you coat the armor with something to help it come off. You'll be picking at skin peels for weeks. :)

Why not just primer it for now and repaint when you want to go back?

The Battle of Jakku is without a doubt, Canon. Make no mistake about that.

If you aren't fully aware of that yet, you will be in less than two weeks - even if you never see it on the big screen, it is Canon.

The Battle of Jakku is without a doubt, Canon. Make no mistake about that.

I don't think that was ever in question. The point was, Battlefront is full of scenarios that are clearly not canon as well, which by necessity must call into question some (not all) of its other choices, such as the existence of shock troopers and shadow troopers.

All of which can (and might) be easily wiped out by movie canon, as Eric pointed out.

The previous implication was "Battlefront is canon." Well no, not exactly. Battlefront is conflicted.

But the 501st doesn't judge. Just me. ;) But I'm not paying $1K-$2K for a costume that isn't clearly canon. I just don't fully get the shadow trooper interest, other than the fact that it is so very different from your typical white trooper and can draw some extra attention. That might go away when the Phasmas start popping up. So give me a traditional TK and I'll be giddy. :D

But then again, smiling kids at your latest troop don't care what's canon, do they? :)

Edited by Astyanax

I don't think that was ever in question. The point was, Battlefront is full of scenarios that are clearly not canon as well, which by necessity must call into question some (not all) of its other choices, such as the existence of shock troopers and shadow troopers.

All of which can (and might) be easily wiped out by movie canon, as Eric pointed out.

The previous implication was "Battlefront is canon." Well no, not exactly. Battlefront is conflicted.

But the 501st doesn't judge. Just me. ;) But I'm not paying $1K-$2K for a costume that isn't clearly canon. I just don't fully get the shadow trooper interest, other than the fact that it is so very different from your typical white trooper and can draw some extra attention. That might go away when the Phasmas start popping up. So give me a traditional TK and I'll be giddy. :D

But then again, smiling kids at your latest troop don't care what's canon, do they? :)

Well for those troopers to be explicitly non-canon, they'd have to be actively dismissed in canon media. You'd need a character in a film, novel, or comic saying explicitly "X does not exist." Canon can't be wiped away (except by huge changes like the Disney purchase, which didn't really wipe away canon so much as dismiss pseudo-canon material). My understanding, at least in regard to Star Wars, is that canon has to be overwritten.

Well, there was some debate going on about Battlefront itself being Canon. LFL has said that the games are Canon. Historically, only characters that are not customizable in the game are Canon - Starkiller, Juno Eclipse, Karth Onassi, Darth Kreia, for example, as opposed to the characters that you play as in The Old Republic.

Regardless of any other part of Battlefront though I fully feel that the Shock and Sullust Troopers will be Canon costumes (The HWT is), the Battle of Jakku has been specified as a part of Canon that will be a major influence in events in the universe moving forward even though it may not be seen on screen, it is alleged to be referenced on screen quite strongly.

• Like 1

Well, there was some debate going on about Battlefront itself being Canon. LFL has said that the games are Canon. Historically, only characters that are not customizable in the game are Canon - Starkiller, Juno Eclipse, Karth Onassi, Darth Kreia, for example, as opposed to the characters that you play as in The Old Republic.

Yeah, honestly, that's what I thought (and hoped). My eight-year-old is hopelessly addicted to the idea of Starkiller being canon, even though the origins of the Alliance are being rewritten right in front of us every week on Disney XD. I haven't played Battlefront yet (except for the beta) because I heard the single player mode wasn't so great. I was all prepared to accept Battlefront as canon until I saw footage of Luke Skywalker fighting Vader on Hoth with a green lightsaber. That raised my blood pressure a little. But I suppose  that is part of some other "non-canon" game mode?