Anovos TK armor preorder

I'll be at Dland CA tomorrow and Saturday. I noticed quite a few members have been there lately as well. Would love to meet any of you my FISD, 501st brothers or sisters. 

Basically, what this boils down to is whether or not the house of the mouse used a vetted maker's armor as a placeholder, right? Not cool for sure...

Even if that's the case, it says nothing about the Anovos kit and then this will have been, as it's been the case for quite some time now, just pointless speculation on our part... I'm seeing a pattern here, almost like someone warned us not too get too carried away with speculation and stuff

Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 3

True that.

Keep in mind that the ANOVOS sales page for stormtrooper armor (and the helmet-only page) both indicate that flat lenses are part of the helmet, not bubble lenses.

http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order

http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-standalone-stormtrooper-helmet-accessory-standard-line-pre-order

The pics above show bubble lenses. Therefore, by process of elimination...?

Edited by Astyanax

I'd also like to point out that if it were ANOVOS, it would have the name all over it. ANOVOS has been very public about everything they've put out because they desperately need that brand recognition which will give them an edge as a commercial production company. If this kit was ANOVOS I think it would be very clear that it's ANOVOS.

There's no name or logo, there hasn't been an announcement about having a kit on display, and there's been no material to even suggest that they're putting any kind of display out until the actual product is released. In the past they've been very clear about ownership of their materials and displays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'd also like to point out that if it were ANOVOS, it would have the name all over it. ANOVOS has been very public about everything they've put out because they desperately need that brand recognition which will give them an edge as a commercial production company. If this kit was ANOVOS I think it would be very clear that it's ANOVOS.

There's no name or logo, there hasn't been an announcement about having a kit on display, and there's been no material to even suggest that they're putting any kind of display out until the actual product is released. In the past they've been very clear about ownership of their materials and displays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The only one they advertised so far is the one on display at the Costumes of Star Wars exhibit in New York right now... Edited by =Sv3=

Someone upthread linked to the Sith Lord detachment where they have tons of pictures of the Vader costume, including a clear shot of the price tag sign. That sign is very clear that it's an ANOVOS kit in all of the text under the (crazy) price. On their website, it's $2700, at Disney it's $4000!

The only one they advertised so far is the one on display at the Costumes of Star Wars exhibit in New York right now...

They were super public about their appearances at CVII and SDCC. Every time ANOVOS has a display set up it's one of the most logo-plastered displays I've ever seen.

I'll check out the link to the Sith Lord detachment info.

Edit: I'm not a Sith Lord detachment member, so I can't see the thread. Is someone willing to link individual pictures here or something?

Edited by CommanderZel

They were super public about their appearances at CVII and SDCC. Every time ANOVOS has a display set up it's one of the most logo-plastered displays I've ever seen.

I'll check out the link to the Sith Lord detachment info.

Edit: I'm not a Sith Lord detachment member, so I can't see the thread. Is someone willing to link individual pictures here or something?

42fb215c026b3e836c736c14a26bffb4.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what you mean... Pictures of both the CVII and SDCC booths were posted in this thread as well as on the Facebook group page. ANOVOS sends out fairly frequent announcements of new products via both e-mail and Facebook. ANOVOS even posted on their Facebook page about their helmet display. They even tag their own page in their posts, in addition to using a hashtag for their brand. I'm not sure what evidence of their advertising tendencies you want. I thought they'd been fairly clear about the fact that they want their name to be associated with every product they put out as heavily as it possibly can be. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that I think they would have at least had a logo or something on those price signs if they were the ANOVOS suits.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean... Pictures of both the CVII and SDCC booths were posted in this thread as well as on the Facebook group page. ANOVOS sends out fairly frequent announcements of new products via both e-mail and Facebook. ANOVOS even posted on their Facebook page about their helmet display. They even tag their own page in their posts, in addition to using a hashtag for their brand. I'm not sure what evidence of their advertising tendencies you want. I thought they'd been fairly clear about the fact that they want their name to be associated with every product they put out as heavily as it possibly can be. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that I think they would have at least had a logo or something on those price signs if they were the ANOVOS suits.

Lolololol I was only kidding about not being able to send the link to the Vader stuff

But you're right, Anovos is VERY pr driven and they take great care to showcase their brand...

Lolololol I was only kidding about not being able to send the link to the Vader stuff

But you're right, Anovos is VERY pr driven and they take great care to showcase their brand...

Furthermore, if they manage to deliver with the Star Wars brand, they could become a force to be reckoned with and bring the hobby to be more widely known to the masses...

Their ST stuff had been said to be excellent, let's hope they don't drop the ball!

I would say that the first one here to get to Launch Bay should just try to buy one and see what the details are and report back instead of speculating. Shouldn't take long.

As far as the Vader price just remember Anovos is charging $2,750 and it is Disney that is charging $4,000. They have marked it up for their profit. Poor underfunded Disney, you should feel sorry for them.

Also the basic line is $2,750 and the premier line is $5,750 from Anovos so this could be some kind of hybrid too.

Edited by mikidymac

The original FB post also goes on to say that an "inside source" - a Disney cast member working in the store - confirmed when asked, that the costumes are ANOVOS costumes.<br><br>

I was a part of the discussion, and clearly said that I didn't think they were ANOVOS kits, but I also thought we were talking about the FO TKs seen marching in the park that day - which I now have reason to believe we're also ANOVOS kits, even though there were some things that indicated otherwise to me initially.

AP simply does not have the abdomen details.  it's not AP.  When you look at the anovos armor itself, it's pretty clear that the launch bay store

is not selling the china built kit.  The anovos tells are non-existant on the armor shown.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I like how no one has picked up that Anovos has said kits are enroute to the warehoused.

The kits are now made people!

Though being end of tier 2 I won't see mine this year, and I would put money on that.

Yeah yeah, kits are made... once they start being delivered, I can start trolling ebay, looking for people who ordered cheap and didn't realize how much work it would take to actually put it together.

I've got plans for one or two kits if I can get my hands on them for ~$400.

And then my Shadowtrooper kit might see the light of day sometime next year once they're done manufacturing all of the shiny white ones.

Yeah yeah, kits are made... once they start being delivered, I can start trolling ebay, looking for people who ordered cheap and didn't realize how much work it would take to actually put it together.

I've got plans for one or two kits if I can get my hands on them for ~$400.

And then my Shadowtrooper kit might see the light of day sometime next year once they're done manufacturing all of the shiny white ones.

I'd say chances of getting a kit for $400 after people have been waiting since as early as April to get their hands on one is about as likely as getting a sno-cone in Hell!