Anovos TK armor preorder

It comes with instructions. Plus all the other folks all building around the same time to help, not to mention the other brands' build threads... You can do it! Or send me $850 and I'll build it for you! 😅Jk but srsly I'm sure this will be lots of people's first builds. Trust in the force

• Like 1

I see. That would certainly be a problem.

However, it looks like the Anovos plate is separate:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/products/sw-imp-trooper-13.jpg?v=1428812660

Zoom in enough and you'll be able to see the edges.

Sorry that I'm not able to post a better picture. Being on mobile makes it difficult.

Plx note the tk in the picture is not the anovos kit or armour.
  • Like 1

I might as well start saving for the classic kit then I am going to get the 1,200 dollar one building it seems to complex to me to be honest.

keep in mind that the current prices are tier one. they are going up after May 4th, then again after may 16th.

• Like 1

Plx note the tk in the picture is not the anovos kit or armour.

While they usually show concept images in cooperation with existing armor-makers, the TK shown is indeed the prototype. As always, it may vary slightly from the final product, but this should be fairly close.

Placed my order yesterday. Was hesitant at first due to this being my first real costume and build goals aimed at centurion. But after watching the 45 minute YouTube interview with anovos's lead designer I was sold. During his interview he talks about his passion for star wars and some of the efforts he had gone through for accuracy because he knew the suit would be under the microscope of the 501st. Kinda flattering. One thing he talks about is the effort it took to replicate the imperial officers uniform because no one could get it right. The fabric for the costume wasn't made anymore, so it was hard for him to find a shop that still had some. Turns out they found some in a shop in China. He talked about how he wanted the same fabric as the movie because of how accurate the fabric contours to the human body.

Also saw someone say the helmet is one piece. Makes sense because anovos had access to Lucas films archives and probably 3D scanned it and 3D printed it. When you 3D print, the object is made in one solid piece. Really sturdy.

With that being said, I feel comfortable with this purchase, as it price is only this small for a couple more days, and the quality will reflect the final msrp price. That, and with the passion of the designer, this will be a nice start to my New adventure in eventually trooping with my garrison and the 501st!

Speaking of garrisons, anyone from the so cal garrison here? I sent the garrison leader an email on the so cal garrison website, but no response yet. Looking forward to linking up with them and doing some armor parties!

• Like 1

Is anyone building something different with this Anovos ANH TK? I mean sure a basic ANH TK is the no brainer. I read some of you might convert to a TD Sandtrooper.

But anyone else have anything fun planned??

Edited by ShadowSpawn

Is anyone building something different with this Anovos ANH TK? I mean sure a basic ANH TK is the no brainer. I read some of you might convert to a TD Sandtrooper.

But anyone else have anything fun planned??

I am planning to build its as a Look Sir Droids trooper-inspired replica. Much like my TK that is inspired on the Tantive IV boarding party troopers.

I know I will need some extra parts like the strapins system, sniper knee plate, and all the extra gear, and probably another helmet, unless I am able to take apart the Anovos in the original 4 parts... but I doubt it.

Hopefully the ab details is a separate piece, or I wont be able to make it into a TD without many mods that I am not willing to do. 

If I am not able to build it into a TD, I will build it into an ESB TK. The handplate are useless anyway if I want to be accurate. I will anyway need a new bucket. 

Good thing I have an unbuild Gino and an unbuild TM helmets... 

If all of this fails, I will just sell the Anovos armor and get another TM kit.

LOL...

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

A far more detailed thread of the same build has been posted here on the FISD already:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31068-clints-build-thread-tk-61281/

But that is the TFA armor and it is much more work to build this than the classic TK armor.

The classic troopers don't need any bondo at the joints and no white paint.

Just burned through all 17 pages. Man, what to do. I was about to pull the trigger on a complete RS setup, since my goal is Centurion approval. It appears that ANOVOS does have their ducks in a row when it comes to this TK. That being said there are still many questions that are unconfirmed and unanswered.That being said, like so many of you have mentioned the price is unbeatable.

I do feel that there shipping suspense date will not be met. Being a small and fairly new company, and not being logistically savy the possibility of a 8 month wait may turn into a 12 to 18 month wait.

Regardless, I only have a few days to decide what I am going to do.

Just burned through all 17 pages. Man, what to do. I was about to pull the trigger on a complete RS setup, since my goal is Centurion approval. It appears that ANOVOS does have their ducks in a row when it comes to this TK. That being said there are still many questions that are unconfirmed and unanswered.That being said, like so many of you have mentioned the price is unbeatable.

I do feel that there shipping suspense date will not be met. Being a small and fairly new company, and not being logistically savy the possibility of a 8 month wait may turn into a 12 to 18 month wait.

Regardless, I only have a few days to decide what I am going to do.

Pull the trigger!  ;) 

If you get in a hurry later you can always go buy some locally available armor, then you'll have 2. Coming from experience, you'll never be happy with just 1. :D

• Like 1

Not sure if this is allowed but this will be my first armor build.

I made a Facebook group open for anyone to join, experienced or new to help build and show progress of the Anovos kits

https://www.facebook.com/groups/838545079553903/?hc_location=ufi

so if you pre-ordered the kit, please join!

Tempting  B)

I think I'll be safe. Lol.......I don't think the demand will warrant them doing ROTJ.

"Will you be working on a RETURN OF THE JEDI variant to the Classic Trooper armor?

If demand permits, we may do so"

Wait!

Have you consider the masses demanding armor for SE Sandtro,.. er... nop. Nevermind. You are safe.

:)

Saludos

• Like 1