Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

Some great comparsion of the Episode VII helmet.

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f79/anovos-ep7-stormtrooper-thoughts-zq1hfh7-jpg-466472d1429476958

Taken from original moulds look different to me.

So it's not a exact movie replica as told by Anovos here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/star-wars-episode-vii-stormtrooper-uniform-main-attraction/story?id=30414659

That's pure marketing.

The screen helmets indeed do not have that really high ridge in the temple area. The part under the chin I'm not sure if thats just an angle problem making the line invisible at the angle.

The one on the left is a screen helmet and the right is the anovos?

So where did the photo on the left come from?

Edited by Dday

The one on the left is a screen helmet and the right is the anovos?

So where did the photo on the left come from?

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2015/04/18/star-wars-celebration-anaheim-2015-photos-of-movie-props-costumes-and-models-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

It seems like they were two armors from the film on mannequins.

Thanks for the link.

Looks like anovos might have missed the mark when it comes to a screen accurate replica and made some concessions in some places for some reason or another.

ANOVOS did say that there will be multiple helmets offered...a standard (injection molded) and a premier (fiberglass). I'm curious to see how the details differ, if at all, between those two offerings and also compared to the film-used helmets.

For people who got the helmet at celebration, was it ABS or Fiberglass or resin casting.

Edited by Dday

I was fortunate enough to have one of the TFA troopers take off his bucket (out of sight) and let me inspect it and his armor.

The bucket - a) It probably weighed 3lbs+

d) It was fiberglass and ...

c) It was made in China (not that makes any difference).

Armor - These things need some refinement (that will come i know)

Finally, and sadly, I was asked by the trooper to help him take off the bucket because apparently you can't do it yourself with the existing armor design and the rubberized upper undersuit.

Any TFA wearers care to chime in on this info?

Edited by ukswrath

There were 24 of us at the Legion photo in TFA armor (it's better to say TFA than cite a potential mfg). When they asked us to take our buckets off aside from myself (who was using fabric gaskets), only 2 others could. So, 10% could put their lids on/off by themselves.

• Like 3

When they asked us to take our buckets off aside from myself (who was using fabric gaskets), only 2 others could. So, 10% could put their lids on/off by themselves.

Interesting, thanks Paul

I can't see any published prices anywhere, so I guess they can adjust it however they see fit. All I can say is those are the numbers they said live, when pushed for the price range. They seemed hesitant to toss out numbers, but they did.

Go to the 6:55:00 mark in this video and see it for yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNTpnUR61g

Edited by aramis

There were 24 of us at the Legion photo in TFA armor (it's better to say TFA than cite a potential mfg). When they asked us to take our buckets off aside from myself (who was using fabric gaskets), only 2 others could. So, 10% could put their lids on/off by themselves.

In the trailer #2 we can see one of the main character removing its helmet by himself so i'm sure you guys will figure out a way.

• Like 1

Is there any tutorials for TFA stormtrooper armor/helmet? 

Probably it can be bought somewhere?

Not at this stage

I see a "TFA Build Threads" section has been created too. Is it only for the future or has it finally been decided for the FISD to host the threads from the first 75 builds?

Moved to the newly created episode VII section.

I see a "TFA Build Threads" section has been created too. Is it only for the future or has it finally been decided for the FISD to host the threads from the first 75 builds?

That is just in case. Might as well create two sections while I'm at it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Would have been cool to see some of these kits go to FLG for SWW but I doubt the mouse will let them March such as last year with the rebels costumes. The TFA's that were able to remove their buckets without assistance we're they taller than the ones that couldn't ? Was the ribbed under suit provided to all of you ?

2F8AE28A-46B2-4CEA-A98D-B3AF0AD9CC2C_zps

I used the FISD gallery to make the comparison. 

Troopers with orange background appears to be screen used to me (when I noticed some weathering on them and differences from the ANOVOS display)

Funny thing when comparing "regular" stormtrooper and flametrooper.

Storm have a well finished ad detailled helmet (which means that we will see some close up during the movie) where Flametrooper seems to be more simple.

Let see this pic in close up: http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-031.jpg

Lines "painted" (or maybe made with a pen ^^), piece of fabric for the lens.... the time where they used acetate sheet is far far away ^^

Edited by Verne

Three kits went to FLG. See the link for a breakdown by both TKID and garrison:

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=85015&start=890

A few could remove their buckets without help, but most could not. No idea if height actually played into it.

There was no ribbed undersuit. The ribbed parts that were provided, herefore to be known as the "gaskets", were made of thick rubber that covered the shoulder joints, elbows, and knees. They have tabs that allow them to be physically attached to the inside of the hard armor.

I used the FISD gallery to make the comparison.

Troopers with orange background appears to be screen used to me (when I noticed some weathering on them and differences from the ANOVOS display)

Yes that's right. The flame trooper, snow trooper and trooper with the orange background are production made and the pictures from the exhibit on C7 unlike the anovos pictures.

I'll separate the pictures into galleries of their own eventually to better reflect their content.