Achievement: TK CRL's are 100% Complete

TK826

Dateline: January 27 2014.

With the addition, refinement, and completion of several TK CRL's this year, finishing with the recent addition

of the Skytrooper CRL photos...

The TK CRL's, found on the main 501st legion site, are now 100% complete !

Many thanks, from the entire LMO team, to all the troopers who answered the call to provide content throughout the year,

and all of the encouraging words of support.

Guys - this is a HUGE WIN. Not many dets (if any) can say they are 100% complete. Where's the fanfare? The rockets red glare? Alderaan bursting in mid-space?

I've already heard that there is a third generation prototype only weeks away from being posted as a PDF build plan. :D

This is really awesome news/work!

A big thank you to those involved.

These complete CRLs will be a big help to everyone. It would have been fairly tougher to know exactly what I had to do if I didn't have that reference. The help you guys provide on the forum is super valuable, but having each part shown in detail with full descriptions is a big reason why my build wasn't a complete nightmare. The ANH Stunt CRL was a big help for me, as it basically told me everything I needed to know about my costume, with only a couple color differences and a fairly deeper explanation. Speaking of CRLs... Spec Ops isn't that far behind with only a couple costumes left to finish... ;)

Edited by SolidScrafty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The CRL's, as we know, are most always going to be works in progress. A couple changes have been made and will soon be made that I felt troopers should be aware of.

The CRL mentions regarding blasters that the "correct style scope" should be used. A blaster manufacturer (I have seen on Ebay) is using the M-38 A2 scopes which were never used on screen used blasters. The CRL was changed to mention the use of the M-38 and M-19 style scopes for Sterling based blasters. This applies to ANH and ANH hero. As for ESB, the vast majority of blasters were seen with M-19 scopes so it was added that the M-19 would be the preferred scope used but the M-38 would still be accepted.

The change will soon be appearing on the Centurion sections on ANH, ANH hero, and ESB to specifically require the side rivets, and thigh pack attachment rivets to be painted white.

The CRL mentions regarding blasters that the "correct style scope" should be used. A blaster manufacturer (I have seen on Ebay) is using the M-38 A2 scopes which were never used on screen used blasters. The CRL was changed to mention the use of the M-38 and M-19 style scopes for Sterling based blasters. This applies to ANH and ANH hero. As for ESB, the vast majority of blasters were seen with M-19 scopes so it was added that the M-19 would be the preferred scope used but the M-38 would still be accepted.

Thanks for the heads up Steve. We know the Doopy and DVH kits include the M38 (second one down in the pic). That one appears to be the most common. However, in viewing a number of build threads, there appears to be quite a few of the other M38s (4th one down). This one looks very similar to the M38A2. I've aso read of a few people modifying a M38A2 so it looks like that M38. Main difference being the section near the front foot.

Is this style M38 acceptable, or only the top one?

scopes_zpscfea3255.jpg

You are correct regarding the A2. You really can't tell in that pic just how deep that channel is after the band is removed. It's pretty deep and just does not compare with the other scopes. 

The 1942 M38 rear foot drops STRAIGHT down the side.

The 1943 M38 rear foot CURVES in, then back out.

The M38A2 has a deep groove in the scope body for a brass mounting ring.

The ring is used to mount an M30 instrument light which provides reticle illumination.

I believe both the 1942 and 1943 M38's are acceptable.

If the brass ring is removed and the groove filled to a smooth taper to match the M38's, I think the M38A2 could be made acceptable.