How / Why did you pick your screen name?

jnnfr72

My screen name is just the squished version of MY NAME. and my twin brother's 2 digit birth year.

[i'm seven to eight years younger, all depending on who's asking my age.] JNNFR72

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is actually mis-spelled from what I originally intended it to be. I wanted to have something relatively anonymous (early days of the internet...), but also an obscure reference to something. Originally, it was going to be "Boom Shanka" (and I still might be mis-spelling it). If you recognize what it refers to, you're old and/or have an appreciation for old British TV comedies. :)

Mine was derived from an inside joke amongst some of my online gaming buddies. I have since been slowly fading out my older online handle with this one.

Ā 

The old handle was "Rraahk" in which I created by punching random keys on the keyboard (no line) and modifying the result to sound feline. I was naming a cat-person in Everquest at the time. I decided to retire it because it was too hard to pronounce (like "Rock") and spell (double r, double a) for most people.

I transfered from one COY to another and my squad sergeant had forgot my name(AlrƃĀø) so he just called out what he thought my name was: "Arnie come here" where I replied "My name is not Arnie" and then he said "well it is now"

Ā 

The next day I ordered broidered name tags taht said ARNIE, and its stuck with me ever since. And I'm from Denmark, hence the DK ;)

The first part of mine is easy Daz being short for Darren the second part came from when I worked on a production line in a factory as part of the automation team looking after and maintaining the robotic machines hence I got the nickname of Dazauto and ive kept it ever since. :)

I always used to paint bikes matt black so people started calling me it as a nick name. I needed a screen name on a forum one day so used it.

By the way, I didn't spell it wrong. In the UK we spell it matt not matte.

I had a girlfriend in the mid 90's that would say I was the last of the nice guys...so any time I did something "Bad" she would say, "Oh, you Evilboy". Friends heard that and started calling me that...and the rest is history...

I used to publish a gaming magazine and books under my company called Bigironvault, now I write comics with the same company name. I've diversified. haha.

This is cool... I'm learning alot about people! Now I feel like I went to plain on my screen name.

I use to use snailtoes. I was sick of yahoo telling me a mail ID was taken, so I thought of

something easy, that should not be put together.

Yeah, cool mischief, miss squashy-name.

Ā 

If my handle isn't so blatantly obvious as to slap you across the face, well, maybe you should slap yourself! :)

Ā 

I originally used LadyInBlack on the local RL site when I was building my Mara Jade, but I never submitted it and fell off... I'm LiW there too now.

Ā 

I've had so many handles, but the most enduring is Coyote Republic, which comes from my love of and devotion to those scruffy little scoundrels, particularly one I worked with in person for several years who sang the purest song of joy whenever a friend approached her yard. She became my muse.

Guys I work with call me MAYHEM (partly due to having the last name of May) since MAYHEM is usually a popular online name and taken most of the time I followed it with my initials

Thought mine was easy to figure out amongst a bunch of Star Wars fans, but people have ask me if I'm a brain surgeon.

Ā 

In case anyone hasn't gotten where mine comes from:

Ā 

"I don't know where you get your delusions Laserbrain." -Leah to Han in ANH

This is cool... I'm learning alot about people! Now I feel like I went to plain on my screen name.

I use to use snailtoes. I was sick of yahoo telling me a mail ID was taken, so I thought of

something easy, that should not be put together.

Ā 

OMG, Snailtoes is an awesome alias.... I have to use that one in my next story. Jimmy Snailtoes.

I'm the Safety Manager a work and I used to paint our Semis a lot so I always had a lot of paint safety equipment on, coveralls, boots, mask and spraysock. So everyone started to call me Captain Safety and 66 is my DOB.

Ā 

BTW, Jen is just nosey....lol!! :laugh1:

Edited by captsafe66

I got mine from my skateboarding days. People started calling me "grind king" because I used to pull of some long grinds and i could grind on any surface that i could possibly grind on. Plus it was the brand of skateboard trucks i would always buy. The name stuck and i decided to use as my screen name.

Edited by grindking

Mine is from the lead character in C.S. Friedman's book The Madness Season, which IMHO is one of her best books from when she was at the peak of her writing prowess.