How / Why did you pick your screen name?

jnnfr72

About 17 years ago in a galaxy called the milky way.....

A young couple (my wife and I) wanted a dog. We lived in an apartment that didn't allow pets. So we didn't get a dog. Our friend's cat had kittens and wanted to know if we wanted one, we or course said yes and took 2 kittens because they don't bark and 1 would get lonely. One kitty was named Jasper and the other was a fluffy crazy kitty named Psycho. After taking the cats to the vet, we found out that Jasper was really a girl and she became Jasmine. Now Psycho was an amazing cat. He was so friendly. He did not run away and act aloof like his sister. He approached everyone and made everyone love him. In fact he acted a lot like a dog trapped in a cat's body. Now, I grew up with dogs and was not a cat person. Psycho was such an amazing cat that we both fell in love with him. However, Psycho was not really a fitting name for him only the name given to him by his original family. Shortly after Psycho came to live with us, we decided to give him a better name. Seinfeld was one of our favorite shows and our cat reminded us a lot of Kramer. Thus our crazy, lovable cat became Cosmo. That same year (1995), I signed on to AOL for the first time. I needed a screen name and because of my cat, became MrCosmo. Cosmo passed away a little over 2 years ago. He was a wonderful companion and had a great life. He lives on in my screen name and our memories.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an easy explanation. I am just a Big Fan from the Movie Gremlins and here we are, I am using Mogwai for my Screen Name.

And I was surprised that it was still available ;)

Ā 

Sometimes on other Boards or Games, I am also use Gizmo as a Screen Name. :)

Ā 

So, thats my story, not that long! :smiley-sw013:

Mine comes from my very first email address from the fifth grade XD It's an acronym for "super crazy nut in a box." I don't remember why I shortened it instead of coming up with something new, but it stuck! I used to use "lauphenstaar" a lot because it was the name of a character in a book I was writing, but it just doesn't always fit ;)

I've had "RATBASTIRD" since AOL first hit the scene.

It was a great name to have when playing one of their lame but addictive chat games.

They didn't allow me to put the "A" in TARD so that's where the "I" came from.

This is the screen name I use for all the forums that are non-business related and when I have time to play video games... its used there also.

• 1 month later...

This is a fun Topic. :) I picked my screen name because I love Mandos, and I wanted to sound like a tough-guy! Plus, the Clone Wars ended only 18 years before ANH, so during that period, you have to imagine that a good number of veterans are Mandos. And my screen-name on therpf.com and thedentedhelmet.com is "Cadeus." That one is a long story: 5 years after RTJ Han and Leia get married and have three kids- Anakin, ( which is MY son's name, BTW), and Jacen and Jaina. When Jacen is about 25 years old he is seduced to the dark side and becomes Darth Cadeus. His fall from grace reminded me a lot of Anakin's fall. He fell because he believed that in doing so, he would save the galaxy from itself... and it would save his daughter, Allana. Is this is news to any of you, you have GOT to read more! In the last fifteen years I have read over 200 star wars novels. It has been a fun ride... like DAYS OF OUR LIVES, but with lasers and and hyperspace. :dancing-trooper:

I didn't know much about forum screen names when I joined the Legion, so I just lazily used my Yahoo name & decided to keep it that across all the boards so people could recognize me.

Ā 

BJ-What friends call me.

Savage-My last name.

7-like the character, Fred VII, from the old GI Joe comics. Which ended up being cool that I ended up in Squad 7 of the FLG. :)

MIne comes from being picky ever since in most of my activitys, when i was a skaterboy looooong ago i had to master all my tricks and working on my mustang looked to my friends like an operation cause everything has to lie in line and order and had to be clean.

The Senf came from a german phrase.

translated it would be : putting my mustard onto everything. ( might sound funny to english and amerikans ) but what it actually means is that i have to say something to every topic.

Some people like it some people hate it ,but hey thats me!

I love "YouCantBe Sidious" LOL I thought of the joker saying, "Why so sidious," when I saw that. Mine has origins going all the way back to childhood days. I had a friend who called me Jay the potty meister. No idea where he came up with that, but it stuck. He was pretty weird haha, but now he's a golf pro and kicks my butt.