Trial Run - New Detonator Kits

NOW TAKING ORDERS!

Go here.

-----------------------------

Hey guys!

I'll be trying out a new run of Detonator kits soon, just wanted to let you know about. The new kits come with the same tubing used as onscreen (extruded grey ABS) pipe. Also, the parts will be done in PVC glossy plastic.

Some benefits to these new kits:

• Thinner wall design (dead on screen accurate)
  • Plastic tubing is imported from England (the real deal)
  • End caps can be removed easier (slide off if necessary for storage, clip adjustments, or repairs)
  • PVC end caps are more durable than ABS and won't tear as easily
  • No paint is required for any of the parts
  • Faster assembly and turnaround
  • Lower cost (on fully assembled kits)

Price is yet to be determined. The kits will include my belt clips. And will be available as a DIY Kit or fully assembled.

I'll keep you posted.

Jesse

Test Pulls (prototype only)

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks guys!

I may have heated the plastic too much on that test pull, so it turned out really sharp. Would like to have seen it a little softer, more like the originals... PVC is a LOT harder to cut than ABS or HIPS, kind of crazy... pretty much have to belt sand all the parts or use a dremmell to cut the extra off. I would score it, and it was so tough... I couldn't get it to snap, even after scoring it. Eventually I would like to move on to glossy ABS sheets though... This stuff stinks the whole house up. :blink: PLus the original suits were ABS ... But I paid a ton for this stuff and would like to at least make my money back ... At least on what I have in stock (enough for 20 + kits).

I expect to start making these in about a week or so (from now)... I have to crunch some numbers, figure out my cost per kit, plus time spent making the kits, etc. But I should have some numbers in the next day or so.

Thanks for your patronage!

J

Edited by TK 4702

Well....

Even though the pipe is a lot cheaper, as were the PVC sheets... I'm actually spending a ton more on the shipping (coming from overseas) ... But I'm still offering these at a little bit cheaper than before.

Anyhow, here's those price estimates.

Opt 1: ABS pipe, Control panel, End caps - $45

Opt 2: ABS pipe, Control panel, End caps, 1" Clips, Hardware - $70

Opt 3: ABS pipe, Control panel, End caps, 1.25" Clips, Hardware - $75

Opt 4: Fully assembled kit (1" clips) - $100

Opt 5: Fully assembled kit (1.25" clips) - $105

Edited by TK 4702

• 2 weeks later...