The hero team: Han and Luke in action

Hi guys! Some of you might have noticed the banner ObiHahn and I have had in our signature for a while now.

Well, this project really came to life this weekend at our annual Garrison gathering at Legoland Germany.

Not much to say, a pic of us both in our armour sparked the idea to do a Han and Luke team together, and that's what we came up with. It's both just Han and Luke "light", but some got it anyway.

One thing about bubble lenses: They're a MAJOR pain in the backside! Half an hour of trooping in a hero lid will give you a whole world of headache sensation! But I guess you just have to suffer as a hero ;)

Enough blabla - Here's some pics:

hero1.jpg

hero2.jpg

hero3.jpg

hero4.jpg

hero5.jpg

hero6.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys look awesome! :duim:

Hope you don't mind if me and a garrison mate try the same effect?

Also, I'll try to get pix of my hero lenses. I can troop for a few hours and they are just fine. Will be interesting to compare to see what the key differences are.

Thanks Paul :) I'm glad the lid made it here in time! Did I mention I finished that helmet in record-time for this event? It arrived Wednesday afternoon, and I had to have it ready by Friday morning... all the details are handpainted, even the tube stripes... nuts! :lol:

Edited by R2Dan

freakin' bubble lenses - as I said, headaches galore!

Hi Dan you two look awsome great to see your armour ageing up nicely ;) but can i ask wheres chewey :dance: oh yes you left him dancing in the death star.

Sadly Chewie was not present... that would have been so amazing! I think we'll have to arrange a shoot sometime soon with one of the two great German Chewies :D

Wonderful pics guys! You look fantastic, nice height difference too! Thanks for sharing!

As stated, all you need is Chewie and some gold colored binders. :)

"This isn't going to work."

"Why didn't you say so BEFORE!"

"I DID say so before!" :)

Ha, so Dan put these up already. Well, he said it all...bubble lenses are really not our cup of tea.

Of the roughly 18-20 hours in costume, we wore our hero lids the first half hour or so on day one, and then we put them on again in the end of that weekend for the above photo shoot and a final trooping round through Legoland as the hero duo. It was a good idea to bring our stunt helmets as well. ;)

And yeah, we need a Chewie as our captive.

I have a set of bubble lenses in my lame MRCE helmet, and I wanted to suggest a little thing about them.

the lenses I got from a maker in the UK. they make lousy armor, but the lenses have a feature

that you might be interested in.

the lenses have a flat spot in the horizontal center, all across the face of the lens, and near the center corner

they are flat. this makes them a little more bearable to wear.

if you'd like I can send you a single green lens to check out, and you can see for yourself.

of course I'd send it along for free...

PM me if you're interested in checking them out.

the company took quite a while to provide the lenses, and gave me several mis matched green lenses as an example.

I have one right eye to share with you to see how they are made.

hopefully this might lessen the headaches.

You guys looked fantastic...well done.

I am building my ANH Hero at the moment...I have some smokey bubble lenses in my lid, I haven't worn it for extended periods yet but after hearing about your probs I will take my stunt lid along with me on troops just incase.

Probably not the best place to ask...but I will anyway :) where is the best place to get a set of green bubble lenses?

Cheers

Steve

The grappling hook was recently done by Russrep - but I'm not happy with it as it's WAAY oversized. The belt box is scratchbuilt, vacformed box over some MDF and other weird stuff added to it. It's not functional

Here's a pic:

hookbox.jpg

It's not completely screen accurate in size either, as I had to find a way to make the grappling hook look good and not ridiculously oversized. So the box is slightly oversized and deeper than it should be.

I also added a black switch to it after that pic was taken.

edit: New pic of the box:

hookbox4.jpg

Edited by R2Dan

<_< .....errrr, I don't know, I still think the ol' 'tilted-head-side-look' needs

little bit of work... B)

hero1.jpg

anhref-4582151.jpg

:D

Dan

You've guys look frigging AWSOME!! mate B)

Very nicely done Gentlemen, It's going to look totally mad when you troop with one of the Chewy's :D

Fantastic guys , Well done.