The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Newbie trooper looking to start putting together armor here, one problem I have is my height I am 5'5" 150lbs I am looking to build an ANH Stunt armor for 501st approval, after reading through these posts I have contacted AP about their product but if anyone has any suggestions for a short guy like myself it would be helpful as all I can find is for 5'7" and up :( thanks

On 3/27/2013 at 8:11 AM, mixam said:

can i use this under suit or is this not approved

-------------

Maxim

ps is this the the form where i need to ask this

1. Most people go with East bay.com as you can get a set for around $30. (separate top and bottom).

2. Read the forums more. Here is one to start with:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18735-tk-resource-thread/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Has anyone heard any progress in AM and/or troopergear continuing production?  Last I heard about it was in January of this year.  

-Rob

Yes. Look up NE. There are some build threads here already.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably time the list was updated. Eric?

Just noticed this.... good point. I'll put it on the todo list :)

TE2 isn't moving off that list as long as I'm DL. 

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did it! Red all 18 pages. Started research for TK years ago, but gave up, because of the lack of information, or the lack of time to gather them. After Reading this, it's decided, going for centurion TK. Thank you so much for this.

2 questions:

What about Movie-fx.de ???

What about MTK?

M.t.F.b.w.y.

Edited by E-Vader

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking around the different 501 st websites for many years now. I want to buy an armor and helmet to start my long awaited costumebuild. The building itself scares me a bit since I am not that handy with tools and building stuff.I did much research a few years back but I see that there is a maker that I havent got any info on.

NE...Could anyone give me more info on that maker/armor? What bodytypes do that fit?

Thank you

I believe NE is a bit on the bigger side, but I'll let the guys who've bought it confirm.

So they say. But personally I think it's more in line with "accurate size" the same way as TM and RS are.

So they say. But personally I think it's more in line with "accurate size" the same way as TM and RS are.

NE is larger than the T/MC kit. I'm not sure about the rest (TM and RS)... but it does seem smaller than the old FX kits. It is definitely not huge... I barely fit my calves in it.

We have had 2 guys in my garrison sell their T/MC kits and move up to the NE because the T/MC was just too small for them. (MC is local, so that's what a lot of folks wear here.)

Sorry, but I don't have experience on the other kits yet.

TE (ATA/TMC/AP/TE2/ etc) derived kits are undersized because of several generations of recasting (even the original ROTJ and SE-suits are recasts in a way). I'm sure most makers of those armours have made some modifications to enlarge the kits again, but to me that seems mostly to have been focused on the girth of the torso and not so much on the limbs.

OK so I am at a lost.  Trying to determine what is the right thing to buy.  I just got a quote from Trooper Supplies. (They make the TKBoots).  They said they make a "extremely high quality, screen accurate NH suit".  Am I correct in assuming that NH means A New Hope?  And are there any reviews/problems with this set?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin