Extreme Hasbro chop

Cool, is that thing heavy?

The Sterling alone weighs between 9.5 to 10 pounds. That's not counting the add ons, M38 scope, t-tracks, Hengstler counter, scope rail, and cylinders... So after all that it's got some weight to it... :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

accurate bolts

Photo089-1.jpg

How did you cut out the "fake" hex bolts that are part of the resin tip to make room for the real bolts? I was thinking of doing the same thing but my Xacto knife isn't making much of a dent in the resin.

How did you cut out the "fake" hex bolts that are part of the resin tip to make room for the real bolts? I was thinking of doing the same thing but my Xacto knife isn't making much of a dent in the resin.

You need a dremel or a drill ! :)

I salute you sir! salute.gif This is one of the greatest things I have seen! If I had the time, patience and dough I would like to try it too but It wouldn't look as good as yours!

Edited by BananoPower22

• 3 weeks later...

Finished !!!!!!!!!!018.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

Wow!! Just wow! After looking at your pictures I just can't believe it's a hasbro (as Rick said, whatever's left from the hasbro!)

I don't know of any word that would describe this work of art!

Edited by BananoPower22

Hi all! new in town and just starting the hobby...habit...er you know!

I must say this is an incredible work! I have a hasbro and Droopydo kit, and I am actually considering going the extra effort like this just to hone my skills.

Thanks for showing all the pictures...your blaster looks fantastic!

It's same like at the MRCE helmet ... you can see here and even some places that it's a HASBRO Blaster.

In the whole effort, is it not better to buy a more accurate Blaster?...i would not belittle your work for God's sake, because that is really awesome. I did the same at the MRCE bucket..but again I would not do.

Or you're just addicted to crafting :P

I'll just say this: some people have time and some people have money. Few have ample amounts of both. Yes, I have a hyperfirm but I can also afford to drop $225 on a blaster whereas finding a free weekend to work on a prop is pretty near impossible, and given how much I make per hour it's more cost effective to have people build my props than me doing it myself usually anyway.

For my $.02, Pat did a phenomenal job on this blaster and I'll agree it's that it's worth creating a tutorial thread about. Is it a de-act Sterling? No, but he didn't punch out $500 on it either. I thought he was very creative and the results are great.

As for the German part - my grandparents spoke German at home but I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood where racial & religious epithets were common, so being called the "good German who keeps the trains running" wasn't taken as a negative, as I used to sling the same in return back to my friends.

That said, I recognize not everyone was blessed to grow up in a place where the Germans ate Chinese food and the Chinese ate Mexican food and the Mexicans at Greek food and the Greeks ate at the kosher deli just like everyone else in the 'hood; black, hispanic, white, etc.

As such, I'd advise not presuming others are OK with monikers unless they've blessed such a nickname in advance, lest tkrestonva is forced to do what he does so well.