Extreme Hasbro chop

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are going all out on this dont forget to trim that trigger up to make it look closer to the real thing.

Ā 

I bet this is gonna be sweet when youre done!

Since you are going all out on this dont forget to trim that trigger up to make it look closer to the real thing.

Ā 

I bet this is gonna be sweet when youre done!

Ā 

"I agree,and look foward to the end results". :D

No lights for me but will keep the blaster sound. Since i chopped the top Scope and square parts, the original speaker was showing and didn't fit anymore. I bought this smaller one and will glue it back in.Photo083-1.jpg

Ā 

:dance::dancing-trooper:

That's a good start so far, I have built up parts to do about the same thing, But I do suggest you at least have a LED for the muzzle for "flash" when fired

Made my metal ring around the trigger wich should look like this with the Doopydoo kit

Photo090.jpg

Ā 

:)

Ā 

Great work so far. I have a hasbro from the late 90's (Black version).I'm gonna watch this closely cause i just don't like its current looks. Gonna have to invest in the doopy's kit since a more local source no longer makes the parts kits.

Great work so far. I have a hasbro from the late 90's (Black version).I'm gonna watch this closely cause i just don't like its current looks. Gonna have to invest in the doopy's kit since a more local source no longer makes the parts kits.

Ā 

Cool. I should get my doopy kit next week and i'll post more. Let's help each other out.

Ā 

Pat :)

I don't know guys....this look like the best "Hasbro" nug ever done? Look's like it to me....bet it'll look cool when done!

Not home for a few days but i'll post more pics when i can of the hand grip that i trimmed in the back more so it looks more accurate.

Next:

-extend the bottom of the hand grip with fiberglass/bondo,

-fiberglass/bondo all screw holes,

-install the Doopydoo kit,

-install 2 t-tracks i made,

-maybe extend the barrel in front...not sure about that.

-send photos to Hasbro corp. and tell them this is how they should do it!

Ā 

B)

Not home for a few days but i'll post more pics when i can of the hand grip that i trimmed in the back more so it looks more accurate.

Next:

-extend the bottom of the hand grip with fiberglass/bondo,

-fiberglass/bondo all screw holes,

-install the Doopydoo kit,

-install 2 t-tracks i made,

-maybe extend the barrel in front...not sure about that.

-send photos to Hasbro corp. and tell them this is how they should do it!

Ā 

B)

Ā 

I vote yea on the Hasbro idea,LOL. :lol:

Hi Tony.

Yeah i worked on the handle and the small back clip with fiberglass and bondo. I'm kinda stuck cause i'm waiting for the doopy kit to arrive and don't wanna cut without knowing where.

Ā 

Photo086-3-1.jpg

Ā 

Photo085-1.jpg

hey cool, progress. I was thinking on this great build myself(scary). I noticed the top being opened and thought,Hmmmm, plastic for sale signs cut in strips to close the open gaps. basically cut small narrow strips, glue them to the inside edges half sticking out to give a support edge, then glue/layer flat strips until they are near flush to the cut edges,then bondo/sand to give a smooth rounded appearance???. I myself am still sanding/removing the old t-track plus i made some cuts. I'm gonna use the for sale plastic signs i found in my garage

this morning.I have enough plastic signs to make a ton of t track or gap fillers , so i got alot of work to do,lol.