OMG My AP kit has ARRIVED!

No more refreshing aus post and U.S postal websites every minute for updates on my armour's destination, at 10.30ish this morning, i got a door bell sounding through out the house, could this be it?!?! Yes a big bloke with a beard, holding a massive package just for me! Wait um, it was the kit, that sounded a little wrong, lol

Here's a shot of it on the couch!

Tj4akXn.jpg

cAESWha.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I also am waiting for my AP kit. This is just the 3rd type of TK armour that I will in fact have my hand's on and not just looking at other's kit in pic's........Well I for the most part get "parcel" type of mail not by the regular postie but a guy who dose just parcel mail. Is that how you got your's? Not by a UPS guy? I need to know.....bad......real bad.........ok I'll go back to working on my Doop-doo's hasbro add-on's...........but just a few more minutes looking at that kit on the couch.............mmmmmmm......I may be looking at that one pic for a weee bit more.....hmmmmm can't seem to stop just gazing at it! :P

Congrats David!

Check that everything's there.

AP forgot the velcro on mine, and the trimming on another Spanish guy. If you don't know what should be there just ask.

Enjoy! :)

You'll want to switch to industrial grade velcro anyhow. Have fun. Its hard figuring out where to start. I recommend starting with the arms. Leave the helmet for last. That way you can learn how to work with ABS on the easy parts and hone your skills before tackling the harder parts. Butting the joints is hard work but looks best in the end. I should mention I am an AP guy. It was my first set (and only set) of armor. You'll love it when its done. Don't sweat little mistakes, only you will see them.

Congrats man!! B)

My tips...

1) Take your time

2) Take someone else's time

3) Measure twice

4) Measure again (for good measure)

5) Cut once (after measuring a 4th time... and checking reference pics... and worrying about doing it wrong for a day...)

You'll do great! haha :D

It's so fun putting together a great kit!!

(is this your first?)

Here's a few progress shots of the bucket guys, It's pretty much finished, just have to perfect some of the paint lines, and add some foam to the inside, and get a hard hat liner. Oh and better lenses, and a speaker system, but this will do for now, tomorrow, legs!

jHN2aYO.jpg

NV4uKAA.jpg

w8kZwcg.jpg

Oh and yeah it's my first kit, but I'm getting a LOT of help From DesTROYer of the Knifghtfall Squad here in Melbourne Australia, shout out to TROY!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Here's some progress shots of my AP kit guys, in the immortal words of gold leader: "almost there..."-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I see a Tamiya product there... do you build gundam model kits as well?

it's not my work shop, I'm doing my build at DesTROYer's place, of the TAG forums. he's helping me out. but yeah he has a lot of different things floating about the work shop!