My TM build![*TM]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to ask if it came with strips rounded like that, looks great :duim:

Ā 

No, you have to cut it from a larger strip, cut to measure and then, I rounded the corners with sand paper. I love round corners but I don't think it's movie accurate. Reading some troopermaster :salute: post the corners are 45Ā° trim but I'm not sure...

No, you have to cut it from a larger strip, cut to measure and then, I rounded the corners with sand paper. I love round corners but I don't think it's movie accurate. Reading some troopermaster :salute: post the corners are 45Ā° trim but I'm not sure...

Ā 

Exactly, I cut mine too at 45Ā° :)

Ā 

And it was my first build too :D

Today heat gun and sniper plate.

Ā 

I confess I was really worried. Make a mess is so easy... :unsure:

Ā 

This is the situation before heating

Ā 

tm033.jpg

Ā 

left side of the plate after heating

Ā 

tm034.jpg

Ā 

and right side before...

Ā 

tm035.jpg

Ā 

tm036.jpg

Ā 

and after heating

Ā 

tm037.jpg

Ā 

Top view and front view

Ā 

tm041.jpg

Ā 

tm042.jpg

Ā 

tm040.jpg

Ā 

Maybe the bottom side is a little waved but it's a risk to heat again... What do you think?

I don't know what your aim is on this build, but your exacting attention to detail is actually making your armor inaccurate.

Ā 

Don't get me wrong, your build/execution is fantastic.

Ā 

However, it's too perfecting to be screen accurate. The original suits were sloppily assembled, things didn't line up perfectly, sniper knees didn't perfectly conform to the shins, etc...

Ā 

So, what I am trying to say is: If you're going for an accurate suit: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Your sniper knee is perfectly fine in fit. So what if it's slightly wavy!

Ā 

If you're going for an immaculate armor build that looks extremely clean, but not necessarily screen accurate, then, well your sniper knee is wavy. (I wouldn't heat it again, it will get worse.)

I wouldn't do anymore heating if I was you. The knee plate is not designed to follow the contours of the shins, it's just a cover.

Ā 

When you offer the plate up, the wings or tabs should be attached with rivets or screws and they will pull themselves into place. A blob of glue behind the actual plate will stop any movement.

• 5 weeks later...

EXCELLENT!!! BUILD!!! Slaveprobe

Ā 

Ā 

Question, how well does the magnets work? As the glue sets, do they hold the parts together very tight?

Ā 

Ā 

Can't wait to see more of your build ...............................

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TM U do OUTSTANDING WORK!!!

Ā 

Ā 

RogueTrooper

Ā 

My Creed is - Shoot first, if there is anyone left alive ..... then you ask questions ....... :blink:

Hi bro,

Ā 

I'm sorry but my job and my children keep me away from my lab. Now I'm working on the strapping system and I'll post more updates asap.

Ā 

To answer roguetrooper: the rare earth magnet are very powerful. The power depends also in the quality and in the dimension of the magnet.

IMO the bigger is better (push more).

Ā 

For a comparison a good clamp pinch more than a couple of magnet but the magnet pinch a lot more than every combination of tape and wooden stick.

Really looking great- I love watching builds but even more so when it is TM!! I'm looking forward to seeing those pics of you wearing it when it is complete.

@Paride: What a glue you used?

Otherwise....good work as yet B);)

Ā 

E6000 is the best glue for ABS IMHO.

Ā 

It create an elastic but powerful bond. Remember to degrease and sand before glueing. After 5-6 hours you can remove the dried excess of glue with a large wooden toothpick (Zahnstocher I think). I use toothpick because it is sharp and remove well glue from angles and the wood doesn't scratch ABS.

Ā 

You can find easily on ebay.

Ā 

Hope this help ;)

E6000 is the best glue for ABS IMHO.

Ā 

It create an elastic but powerful bond. Remember to degrease and sand before glueing. After 5-6 hours you can remove the dried excess of glue with a large wooden toothpick (Zahnstocher I think). I use toothpick because it is sharp and remove well glue from angles and the wood doesn't scratch ABS.

Ā 

You can find easily on ebay.

Ā 

Hope this help ;)

Ā 

Thanks mate ;).....

Zahnstocher......lol, you're think right, a a very impolite person for the teeth B)

• 2 weeks later...

After a long time here I am with my first test fit (finally).

Ā 

I've to do a lot of work but I can see the light at the end of tunnel.

Ā 

Here the arms strapping system. I can wear them like a jacket.

Ā 

fittest03.th.jpg

Ā 

fittest02.th.jpg

Ā 

fittest01.th.jpg

Ā 

Shin and thighs and AB plate:

Ā 

fittest04.th.jpg

Ā 

fittest05.th.jpg

Ā 

and finally a panoramic of me :lol::lol:

Ā 

fittest07.th.jpg

Ā 

fittest06.th.jpg

Ā 

My 2 cent about snap tab: after made a canonic snap tab I bend it with heat gun to fit the internal of part it is glued to. It is not so difficult.

Ā 

snaptab2.th.jpg

Ā 

snaptab1.th.jpg

Ā 

Comments and advice are always appreciated!

very nice man. Test fitting is so much fun!

Ā 

question, I see alot of people attaching elastic from the upper arm to the forearm. what exactly is the reason behind this?

Ā 

Im just looking for excuses to do more work on my armor....there's a small void in my heart.

question, I see alot of people attaching elastic from the upper arm to the forearm. what exactly is the reason behind this?

I hadn't noticed people doing this... I think it's a bit odd. My guess (and of course everyone will have to answer for themselves) is that it keeps it all together giving you that "shirt" to put on... and it keeps them from sliding around / down ā€” especially on skinny troopers.

Ā 

Not sure though... interesting.

Ā 

To be honest I'm following religiously stukatrooper tutorial and Paul guideline and sometime it's difficult to figure out the end risult :P .

In this case the TM forearm is quite large and without the strapping it'll start to spin.

In this way I don't have to fill with foam the forearm. It stay in place as it is.

Just a snap and problem solved.

Great build, Paride. Very clean work, impressive. Test fitting looks good!

Ā 

I think people strap the arms as one piece because it's screen accurate. You can see it attached like this on Luke's set of armor in the Death Star control room scene. That, and it looks secure and comfy.

I prefer not to connect the forearm and bicep pieces though because removing the forearms and gloves from time to time can be very comfortable (especially with the rubber gloves I use...) during a longer troop. You know, if you want to eat or something.