Getting V'Pier a TK - help needed

Daetrin

Troops:

If you've been in the 501st for any length of time and for those that don't know, Greg (V'Pier) has been the stalwart webmaster for FISD since it's inception. It's his UI and Invision talents that have helped launch this site, his server account that we're hosted on, etc. He's also the root site admin and host for BSN, CTN, MEPD, ACD, and the BHG.

Greg puts in countless hours to keep this place running. Think about it - when was the last time FISD went down? Yup - not once that I can recall. If you enjoy this forum at all, you can thank Greg for a good measure of it.

Greg is an ID and a TB but dreams of having a full TK like the rest of us, and taking his place among the elite troopers of the Empire.

Alas to this day only has a TK helmet. I'd like to ask each and everyone of you to consider what this forum means to you and contribute to the "Get Greg in to TK Armor" fund.

To contribute, just choose to be a site supporter.

1. Go to "My Controls"

2. Under "Options" on the left choose "Purchase Paid Subscriptions"

3. Donate what your heart speaks to you.

If you prefer, you can PP me directly at feibao@gmail.com. Either way, I'll post a running total to this thread of both monetary and material donations. (Realize that Greg lives in Australia so parts are best shipped directly rather than to me for consolidation.)

What say you lads? To me this is a small way we can repay our gratitude. Big or small, any donations are welcome.

With unquestioned loyalty,

Paul

--------------------------------------

NOTE:

1. Please let me know if you want me to list names of donors, or if you wish to remain anonymous

2. I've also asked Greg if he has a preference to a particular kind of suit.

Where we're at:

Cash :

* $261.80 (9 donors). $130 cash has been sent to Greg so far.

Parts :

* Armor

* Neckseal (arrived)

* Holster (arrived)

* Belt (arrived)

* Wireless Vox for helmet (arrived)

* Bucketworx fans (arrived)

* Gloves (arrived)

Items Needed :

* Boots

* Blaster

* UnderArmor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never tried - you can give it a go and see. Ideally that's the way to go as payments via subscription are tracked via the forum software so they are more easily audited by a 3rd party if it ever comes up to question.

Sure - I can be the collection point for the US. I have some other stuff I'm sending him anyway. I to get my kids from daycare, but will update the first post on a daily basis on what was sent/committed, and what's left.

When i click on mine i get the following msg, after the details of my current subscription..

If you have any questions about your current or past subscriptions, you should contact a member of the administrative team who will be able to deal with any enquiries you might have.

Donation to be sent later this evening.

When i click on mine i get the following msg, after the details of my current subscription..

Several months ago I used the email address contained in the confirmation email to send an additional subscription.

Hey My Awesome 501st Family,

Paul told me to pop my head in here and have a word when I got the chance.

I've been busy working on a new website for the Passport & Help Desk and the related Detachments called www.imperialhub.com. It's not complete yet, but soon will be.

I wanted us to break away from piggybacking the Passport & Help Desk off the Clonetroopers.net site, it just looks more professional to have our own central website.

I also wanted a name that was easy to remember for us troopers (nods to Centuri Chan for the cool name, thank you brother!). I'll be adding links to the passported detachments (that being FISD, BSN, CTN, MEPD, ACD, and the BHG.) but also add a courtesy link to the other detachments in the legion, even if they aren't part of our passport system. They're more than welcome to request me to set up a section for them on the help desk if they want it.

Anywho, that's what I've been up to lately (besides upgrading my Garrison website as well).

In response to your question HPDblues..

Well, I'm 5'9" (176cm), and weigh about 198lb (90kg), Size 10 1/2 (11 Aus) Ewok stompers, average build, not fat, not thin. Heck, does any of these photos help any? (besides scare children hehe)

2830_88814209248_701994248_1751286_2809829_n.jpg

Profile.JPG

Don't think my belly is gonna get flatter anytime soon, but it hasn't gotten any fatter either.

With Much Trooper Love

Don't think my belly is gonna get flatter anytime soon, but it hasn't gotten any fatter either.

With Much Trooper Love

You should get rid of it once u start trooping in your armor!!!!, thats one of the cons of bieng a ID with a nice desk job.

no seriously..... THX u so much for all u have and are currently doing!!! u are like that sideplate that our brothers in Endor didnt have...........

THX U !!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA! So you're saying I'm gonna lose a few kilos by sweating it off in armour?

I'm the sideplate? now I'm confused, what do you mean?

And you're very much welcome Joey. Heck, you're ALL very welcome, I just want to help everyone, and make the detachments better, make it easier for new members to get armor, learn how to put it together and help the legion grow :D and I'm glad to see we're succeeding and doing very well.

Some might say I love my Detachments more than my Garrison, but that's only a rumour hehe ;)

Geez Greg, in TE2 you'll be the best dressed TK in Sydney! :lol:

Hahaha, really?

Guess that would make the Garrison love me even less.

So educate this ignorant Officer/Scout/Webmaster on the background/history regarding the TE2 armor. Lay it all down for me.

I know that the helmet is molded off one of the original TK helmets (I've got on the shelf nearby on display), but what of the armour? Why/what is it called TE2 as well?

Greg

tut-tut-tut-tut, :rolleyes:

You're like the curator of this vast data base of knowledge, and you've never been tempted to have a little

smooch around and rifle trough the pages and pages insurmountable information at your finger tips?...tsk! :rolleyes:

Here ya go mate , here's a quick 30 second history lesson.

Once upon a time.......... :D

Matt (TE-TrooperExpert) bought a ROTJ set of armour minus a few pieces from Cameron Oakley

Matt supplemented the missing pieces of the suit with parts from a tour suit and made some molds and

Hey! Voilà , TE armour was born. :)

The TE helmet was derived from molds Matt made from the screen used Brian R helmet

(see Starwarshelmets.com for info)

Fast forward, Matt decides to retire (shhhh!, be quite in the back seats :angry: ) and he decides to sell the TE molds

for the helmet and armour and Mr.X -Guns (our hero :salute: ) steps in to save the day and the armour and helmet

are then re-christened as TE2. :)

I hope this helps mate, and hopefully we'll have you in some nice shiny white armour before you know it B)

:)

Haha, I'm more like Marcus Brody, I get lost even in my own museum HAHA :D

Mbrody.jpg

"Come Indy! I know the way!" :: Rides off sideways on a horse into the sunset ::

Besides, I'm running around at the speed of light between detachment websites, I really don't have the time to sit down and read every post. I'm just making sure everything is going well so that everyone else can enjoy the sites.

Okay, after reading up your info Billhag, you're saying the TE2 is closer to accurate than other suits? (like FX for example) What about the imperfections (bumps, etc...)? Is it suitable for that shiny white, Death Star medicinal smooth perfection look? the TE2 helmet I have on display looks like it'd be more suitable for TD status than TK due to its rough bumpy-like surface.

I want that light to go on, the spark to ignite my understanding of why TE2 is so awesome amongst my fellow TKs, so I can understand and say "WOW!" too.