Getting V'Pier a TK - help needed

Daetrin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Smitty, looking forward to building my armor soon ::: :dance: EXCITED :dance: :::

Ā 

Hey guys, what I want to do fairly soon is have everyone sit down and discuss what we can add to this site to make things even better, have a good brainstorming session. Afterall, this is your site, and I'd like to do what I can to make it even better.

Ā 

Suggesting a few ideas, and see which ideas are feasible and which ideas are just too ridiculous to actually consider.

Thanks Smitty, looking forward to building my armor soon ::: :dance: EXCITED :dance: :::

Ā 

Hey guys, what I want to do fairly soon is have everyone sit down and discuss what we can add to this site to make things even better, have a good brainstorming session. Afterall, this is your site, and I'd like to do what I can to make it even better.

Ā 

Suggesting a few ideas, and see which ideas are feasible and which ideas are just too ridiculous to actually consider.

The site's great, Greg! No need to do anything.

Save your time for that armor building. :lol:

FYI I have the holster in my possession. I'll be shipping it and the items I'm donating out this week - anyone else want me to put something in the box before it heads off to Australia?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's some great news to read after a tough morning.

Ā 

Looking forward to the package from Daetrin and the PM from Anthony. Wooot!!

Just wanted to update Daetrin and mention I did get the gloves, thank you very muchly :D - I've updated the first post as well :D

Ā 

Daetrin's new avatar looks good by the way :D

She is still on my hard drive, but I wanted to have a pix of the ESB details :)

Ā 

And thank to Dmian for doing the background for me. Yay Dmian :salute:

I'm glad you like the avatar. :)

Ā 

So, where are we? What's still needed?

Boots, underarmor and blaster, right?

At this rate he's going to get his TK before I get mine... :P

I just sent Greg 1/2 the $$ so far so he can get boots locally as they are in plentiful supply in Oz. Under armor is needed. I think he has a hasbro + resin kit, so that may be fine.

Ā 

Almost there... :)

I only have the hasbro, don't have the resin kit. I would like to know where I can locate the kit so I can bring the hasbro up to movie standards.

Now that's the Shiznit!!

Ā 

Anyone do one of these Hasbro conversions yet? what glue does the trick?

E6000? I really don't know what glue people use for that. :P

Here you have a great tutorial by CantBeatPie.

There are other great tutorials at the forum. :)

I updated the first post to let ya know I got the Holster, Bucketworks fans, and neckseal Friday! Woot!

Ā 

Haven't received any belts yet, who's shipping that?

Mark (FireBladeJedi) is shipping the belt.

Ā 

Tony - let me know what the shipping total is and I'll PP funds to you.

Ā 

Soon you'll be set!

Do we chime in an Emperor laugh here? Hehe

Ā 

Well I still have to paint the thing somehow and I reckon that will be the the major bottleneck if anything.

Ā 

Putting it together won't be that hard, I've put armour together before, and with good instructions (which there is plentiful here), I'm sure I can get it all pieced together :D

Ā 

The biggest issue once again is painting it. I've never been one for painting anything, especially if I gotta give the armour a white gloss appearance. I wouldn't know the correct paint to get, how to apply it without getting drips appearing on it, etc...

Do we chime in an Emperor laugh here? Hehe

Ā 

Well I still have to paint the thing somehow and I reckon that will be the the major bottleneck if anything.

Ā 

Putting it together won't be that hard, I've put armour together before, and with good instructions (which there is plentiful here), I'm sure I can get it all pieced together :D

Ā 

The biggest issue once again is painting it. I've never been one for painting anything, especially if I gotta give the armour a white gloss appearance. I wouldn't know the correct paint to get, how to apply it without getting drips appearing on it, etc...

Ā 

I think your first and biggest concern about painting your baby, is getting the right paints after that, there are wonderful tuotorials in here!!!!!! Remember that the really screen suit re every thing but nice and shiny, and smoooth painted.

Hehe, well that's true, but aren't we aiming to look like a TK or a TD here? What's the "average" person's opinion of TE2 in action? compared to the so called lesser accurate but smoother armours? just curious about your opinions/comments.