TK Space Variant

Guest Commander Voltaire

Ah you beat me too it. I was going to add this today. Also the originator of these photos has also been contacted :)

Hopefully he'll have some more.

I think I have enough ref photos to have a go at vac forming something this weekend. So time permiting, I'l llet you know how I all get on :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks John - I'm really hoping someday this will be a 501st approved configuration. Hopefully more photos will surface.

Well my GML will be the dude getting the 2nd set so I'm sure he'll help get this allowed.

He hasn't mentioned anything so far anyway, so sssshhh. ;)

If he does get spooked I'll use Kenner blasters as my defense. If they're allowed in, so should the spacepack :)

I was just at the book store and found "The Making of Star Wars" book. Came out this year and I didnt even know about it XD Anyway, there is a really good frontal refference picture in there you might want to check out. Sorry, didnt buy the book =/

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Star-Wars-Def...l/dp/0345494768

510aNR9UP+L._SY460_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Also, some REALLY good back refference shots on page 215 for the original stormtroopers. I no longer feel bad about cutting up my leggings. Theirs look horrible! Sorry I dont have pictures, maybe someone else can post em.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Well my GML will be the dude getting the 2nd set so I'm sure he'll help get this allowed.

He hasn't mentioned anything so far anyway, so sssshhh. ;)

If he does get spooked I'll use Kenner blasters as my defense. If they're allowed in, so should the spacepack :)

I'm behind you 100%. I've brought this up with the LMO in the past who's been dis-inclined to allow them based on the pictures to date but I'm hoping your project will help change his mind. :D

clutch said:
why does the photograph show two tk's?

God knows. I heard that rumour over on therpf and it says so in that book too! See if you make this text out

-----------

I'm as spun out as you dude, but get the book and check it out.

That shot is made up of a superimposed falcon, gun, death star and 2 troopers! The paragraph is all about how much detail goes into such a tiny scene.

The words are somewhere along the lines of the trooper being Joe Johnston tiwce.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I saw that in the book. And both troopers appear to have the unusually long arms. I just don't understand that photo. Was one trooper a projection? Who knows? I do know that the book is being revised due to false info in it.

Really? Flipping bollocks! I'm lloking forward to reading that, but not if it's all lies! LOL YEah I'm confused by that scene too dude. Seems like a lot of work for just a few seconds. But hey, that's whay it's an ace film :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bump this up I noticed the picture you posted up john of joe johnston, well the guy behind him is Ken Ralston so it says in the write up along the side who currently works for sony pictures, the good thing is his appearing at CIV so it maybe the best time to catch up with him and ask about the spacepack :D

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd bump this from the dead, has anyone seen this? Scoobacca on the rebelscum boards pointed it out, an unreleased Marmit 12" figure, thought it would be helpful for some of you guys hoping to make a spacetrooper backpack :pint1:

marmit-spacetrooper-1.jpg.c161ee9c8aed93447413e765839c0e9d.jpg594772381_marmit-spacetrooper-4(1).jpg.4d395b6153d827aaf5098c4d5ca84b04.jpgmarmit-spacetrooper-5.jpg.c858b148e7bf5e79b60fef4c8c91c5df.jpgmarmit-spacetrooper-6-1-1.jpg.16cad6d0de4a1f34b3bcf34e52b37a8d.jpg.af0cb5901047584f11e00692f00e6cf9.jpg1125030768_marmit-spacetrooper-7(1).jpg.b2260a6dd3faaf102f69656da0fba365.jpg

Rest of the photos:

Marmit Unproduced 12"

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Folks just an FYI. Joe's wrists werent long. The gloves were long rubber gloves and he is wearing them OVER his forearm guards...ie his arm guards are tucked in to his gloves like some sort of 'seal' on his EVA trooper armor. The gloves as some of you may know are commercialy available rubber gloves with the little nubbies on the finger tips like dishwashing gloves.

• 2 years later...