What is an NGB Helmet? Origins?

OK - some say it's recast, some say he made the mold himself. If you have evidence, share it. If you just want to spout the merits of recasting or not, please refrain.

The purpose of this thread is to determine *what* it is and it's quality, not the ethics of recasting.

Recast out of Germany. Comes from the TE line. Could be a recast of either a TE, TE2 or a CAP. Those are the only 3 established helmets that have the brow chips which the NGB bucket shows as well. Ive heard good things about it.

hard to say wot its origins were - although from the pics I would agree with smitty "TE, TE2, CAP" stable

the links provided by stefan - basically showed the completed lids - not the WIP of his molds.

until its origns can be clarified - shouldnt this thread also be kept to a objective discussion rather than a load of "showoff my helmet" pics?

stefann - could I get the makers email again pls; our discussion in previous thread has been deleted.

Being that they're both in Germany, I figure they each just bought and built them.

Why would they have recasted?

:huh:

think u are missing the point here mate - Mr Bungle is talkin abt the NGB maker recasting em not these 2 guys. German Garrison guys are sayin that NGB is a legit maker making accurate lids in germany

the NGB helmet share common traits with established makers helmets. Its been hinted that the NGB is an own sculpt - we are discussing and looking for proof either way

its a little confusing as the original discussion has been "sanitised" - a policy I dont completely understand. any mention recasting seems to be deleted, with relevant information deleted along with it.

OK - some say it's recast, some say he made the mold himself. If you have evidence, share it. If you just want to spout the merits of recasting or not, please refrain.

The purpose of this thread is to determine *what* it is and it's quality, not the ethics of recasting.

Hmm...I'm having a difficult time with this thread. Was there originally a picture posted, or another thread? That's what I get for not checking in every hour of every day I guess!

think u are missing the point here mate - Mr Bungle is talkin abt the NGB maker recasting em not these 2 guys.

No, I get that point but that is not what Mr Bungle wrote.

Glad to see things cleaned up because the way it was written seemed directed at the purchasers/builders.

Hmm...I'm having a difficult time with this thread. Was there originally a picture posted, or another thread? That's what I get for not checking in every hour of every day I guess!

There was one for sale a few days ago.

The chips in the brow are proof alone that the helmet is recast and not an original sculpt. I've filled in those chips with bondo so many times I could spot them even if my eyes were gouged out with ewok spears. Ok the original pics are now gone so you can no longer see the brow chips. Chances are if you get a good looking helmet and it has a row of chips missing right across the front above where the brow trim goes AND YOU DID NOT GET IT FROM TE2, then its a recast. Or a very slim possibility its an old TE. The chips were already present in the molds when TE sent the molds to TE2. The CAP helmet molds that had the brow chips were recast from a TE bucket that was cast from the same molds now owned by TE2.

As far as I know, no one has had the indecency to recast a TE2 at this point since he is one of the few people that actually dished out money for molds. I'm sure it wont be long before it happens though.

tom - you're adding nothing to this thread regarding these helmets. We can create another one about the merits or not of recasting, but please let's stick to the topic. Else we'll start deleting.

So for to make a little bit light here in a few speculations.

1.The MfX Helmet's are not made from Hips , there are made from 3mm high gloss ABS.

And they are not recast's of any other helmets.They are realy selfmade.

I hade a MFX Armor befor i bought mine TM.

MFX had a original RotJ tour suit where he has made his moulds from.

So not all German poducts are recasts from TE or Cap or something else.

You have to decide this.

2. These tow guys which had postet here pics of there NGB's, are not member of the German Garrison.

And it pissed me a little bit of that Volumino uses our GG Logo in his Avatar because this logo is only for members of the GG.

3.Here are a few pics of other helmets of NGB for what you asking me:

ESB Stunt

-----------

This pics are not mine, NGB have post them self at a public forum to show his work.

4.I say it again and for the last time.

I only have bought one of this helmets and not made them.

Now a question from me.

Is it right that CAP is a copy of TE?

Or have Cap bought the mould from TE?

Maybe little Off Topic but what is with the other Armors like AP or RT-Mod?

Are they all selfmade?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I would say its from a TE2. Thats my guess.

Chips in forehead (as stated by others here)

Eyes aren't as bulbouse as CAPs

The fifth frown hole is almost non existant.

If the helmet was a recast off a CAP - IMO - the 'frames' under the eyes would noticably bulge slightly more. Also TE2 helmets are a softer looking pull when compared to CAP's due to the modifications he has made to his moulds. Some areas are over exaggereated so to speak. If this was from a CAP then I would be expecting the fifth, even the fourth hole, to be more defined... But this is all just speculation. Heck maybe it is off a CAP. All this stuff may have been modified so much so, its what we see now.

No worries Stefan - you're in the clear and many of us have been in your situation. Heck, I have some clone shoes that I got that turned out to be from that pedophile at starfortress, but that was not known to me at the time. (ah well, lesson learned).

To answer your question, CAP recasted TE before there was a TE2 and did some modifications to the molds. Apparently TE and CAP did a deal and all was forgiven. There is a good summary from FON here on that topic-----------

As far as recasting from TE2 or an old TE...perhaps NGB will come clean and just be done with it. I'd guess TE2, but only so far as TE2 has had the molds for a few years now, and old TE's are hard to find.

It's too bad NGB didn't get permissions or come to some understanding from the previous maker - the end product looks really good.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I would like to see a close up of the NGB's frown if anyone has a pic of that.

Never mind, I found the pics I was looking for. If it was recast from a TE2, I would be surprised. I'm still leaning more towards a TE bucket, and Paul, who's to say he didn't get permission? If it is from a TE bucket, TE probably sold him the rights to it. After all TE sold the rights to everyone else that would buy them. :rolleyes:

LOL - true enough and apparently on another board he hinted at recasting CAP. It's an interesting point though - does CAP care if people recast him?