What is an NGB Helmet? Origins?

Daetrin said:
LOL - true enough and apparently on another board he hinted at recasting CAP. It's an interesting point though - does CAP care if people recast him?

Hey buddies I have a really cool NGB, I love it so much that I keep it in my office for my viewing pleasure. I think Smitty's got a good eye for detail, I may just have to start referring to him as "ol Hawkeye". :)

Anyway, regarding the question, CAP doesn't have a prob with being re-cast. He actually encourages it since......... as was stated earlier...........he views it as a "$30.00 piece of plastic" and thus even when shaped into a part, it's still just "$30.00 worth of plastic". 30.00 being a nice round number of course. The idea being if more people knew how dadgummed easy it was to produce plastic armor pieces there'd be a heck of a lot more folks doing it. My opinion of the CAP vs TE and TE2 is (and I own em all) the CAP is superior in overall thickness, sharpness of pull, and quality as his molds are upgraded fairly regularly. Not to slam the other guys who I also happen to enjoy, just making a statement of opinion. Maybe Smitty or one of the other fellas could back me up on that.

Back to NGB, The man himself is a friend of mine, his work is pretty cool, so I like it. Also a thick, sharp, quality example of a stormie bucket.

XXWHXuQ.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I have owned all 3 as well (CAP, TE2 and TE) CAP and TE2 are clearly winners over the TE. The TE suffered from a weak pull and a large indention in the top of the dome. Its very much a toss up between the TE2 and the CAP in my opinion. I like the thick AND sharp pull of the CAP faceplate and the ear caps are beautiful. But the TE2 bumpy cap-n-back shows much more detail than the CAP and if there is 2 things in this world I'm a sucker for its redheads and an extremely bumpy cap-n-back.

so here are some other NGB pics

----------

i´m not a friend of the whole origin discussions

sometimes it´s intresting where the parts came from

but most time i´m exited of the product himself

i love the way NGB is going to build them

they´re not perfect but cool looking helmets

he´s no power seller

only want to play with plastic and make a cool bucket

there are a lot of guys around who would mess up with the biggest balls around

but he does not

only a guy who want to have some fun

so forget the name and have fun with the pics

@turrican

you should proof your statement my friend ;-P

maybe we could talk about it at our next chat session

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Stefan,

MFX used to make his kits from 3mm HIPS. I am not sure what he uses these days as it has been quite some time since I spoke to Guidon. What I do know is that he did not have an original tour suit. The armour he made was recast from either a CO or TE since it had the exact same duplicate parts as well as other tells.

As for this NGB, I would guess it is the work of Marcus and if it is, it's a recast of a CAP.

Oh Ok Paul ,i think because you know many about other armors and origins of them, i maybe was wrong.

I know Guidon ,too and as i remember he told something from a RotJ Tour Suit where he casted parts off.

But i had a MfX Armor befor i bought yours and i'm shure that it was made from 3mm high gloss ABS.

The armor was made in 2006.

Because of the NGB ..he wrote me a mail a few days ago i think he singed with marcus.

So maybe you are right there ,too.

Paul know's best..lol