TE2 Move Along build[*TE]

|Mike,

I'm sure you know what your doing but the way you pull that craft blade towards your thumb on the eyes is scaring the s*** outa me! :o:lol:

great vids though and will be a big help to anyone building a lid.

Mark

Nice work but you should really wear a mask when spray painting. There's a lot paint in the air that you are breathing in.

Watching the ear drilling and also the scoring parts made me think that some one needs to now make a parody video of you. Do you recall the Julia Childs Saturday Night Live parody where she cuts whole limbs off? So very funny. I think some one could do the same with you, drill a hand, score a finger off, etc. I'd do it but I don't own a video camera.

• Like 1

I use a mask now. After I finsihed sraying my ESB helmet my girlfriend made a comment about all my nose hairs being white. Yuck my poor lungs. Needless to say I now wear a mask when using a rattle can.

• 4 months later...
Girly men :) I have a glove now for cutting that cannot be cut through. As far painting.... Well I was outside and there is a very audible breeze in the video :) My lungs are OK its my car that has really suffered :)

These vids don't load for me. I get a blank page, do I need anything to play them?

Joe

Very cool i cat believe no one thought of doing this before........ make u think....

We might think about Makeing this a sticky....

• 1 month later...

Mike,

You may of lost the thrill of trooping, but you sure bring a lot to the table for everyone! I am getting ready to start on my bucket and armor. I found your videos to be very informative. Thanks for sharing them. :D

Christaan

Thanks guys. I do love me some Star Wars! Its true... I dont have the waistline for trooping and the desire to do yet another B-day party has waned, but I love building and being a part of this community. I hope to add to this thread soon and show decal placement and finishing the lids.

I have to say I've been watching your vids and the forum post you did over and over again as my dad and I have been working on my very first set of armor.

you make it look to easy lol, did you need to trim the bottom part of the back cap at all?

These videos are unbelievably helpful, Mike.

I've never taken a stab at building and painting a styrene helmet before, and these are a fantastic reference.

I'm still pretty nervous about it, but I feel WAY more prepared after checking these out.

I'll be dragging the laptop around my entire build, without a doubt. :D

Thanks for taking time to share these with us! :duim: