ROTJ bucket from LFL molds

WHOA...hold the phone...whats the story on that Tie helmet!?! :)

The TIE Helmet and the TK were a package deal. The TIE came from LFL also. Both pieces were used for reference for the Don Post Deluxe helmets. You can see remnants of the clay used to fill the gap between the face and fighter pilot helmet and scoring down the middle of the helmet where the mold was removed. There is also hand written pencil notation on this helmet.

It would be awesome if somebody with more knowledge of these helmets could analyze them and compare them to others out there.

tieilmhelmetde0.th.jpg

tiesf4.th.jpg post012jm3.th.jpgpost016mi8.th.jpg

(The TIE was assembled wrong with that piece above the eyes - it should be on the inside - That's how I got it. In the middle of the last pic is a TE that I got a long time ago)

Should this be in a different thread?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TIE Helmet and the TK were a package deal. The TIE came from LFL also. Both pieces were used for reference for the Don Post Deluxe helmets. You can see remnants of the clay used to fill the gap between the face and fighter pilot helmet and scoring down the middle of the helmet where the mold was removed. There is also hand written pencil notation on this helmet.

It would be awesome if somebody with more knowledge of these helmets could analyze them and compare them to others out there.

Should this be in a different thread?

COOL! That definatly looks like a DP deluxe, witch the Fang helmet I have is derived from..

Its interesting that the TIE was assembled incorrectly. However the original TIE in the LFL archives is also assembled incorrectly so it shows why they made the mistage!

As you have said that strip should be on the inside, covering the gap where the face plate ends and the front of the x-wing hemisphere's.

Like you have said these will be very cool helmets as they have real provenance attached to them. I look forward to hearing more

Cheers

Jez

As I understand it, SgtFang got the mold that DP used to make the Deluxe, while I got the original helmet DP used to make the mold.

Man...did I miss a garage sale at DP or something!?! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guaranteed.

The challenge here is this helmet is glued together. It may be a wrong choice, but I do not want to disassemble it. As much as it is great source for new ROTJ/SE helmets, it also is a piece of SW prop history. I'd like to retain that if possible. That might seem nostalgic but it's a reality for me. The hand written notes in pencil are priceless to me.

I can mold the thing. Already started to. The real challenge are the ears. I need to remove them in order to get an accurate mold made but they are glued on.

Well, considering it's lineage, it's completely understandable wanting to keep this intact. I for one would'nt care if it was a one piece. I still really want one of these either way. If I really wanted to though, I could cut the ears out, then fill in the gap where the ears used to be. Reattach the ears and voila!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You were very lucky to get these helmets.

I really like the stormtrooper. The Mic tips looks like the Tour Suit (or exhibition stormtrooper)

You wrote it was made in 1995...like the Special Edition trooper. Maybe the same mold.