ROTJ bucket from LFL molds

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Matt, what is your source on both of those statements? I can't comment one way or another on the first part but all the special edition bonus features verified the SE as a made-symmetrical ROTJ. Also I thought the DPD pre-dated the SE, although I could be mistaken.

I can only go by what I was told by the DP person who had it. Any other speculation or info is always welcomed and appreciated!

Ā 

I can assert that it is in fact a nice thing-a-ma-jigger. No doubt. Thanks Matt.

Well, either way its is nicely done JM! :duim::salute:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Life put me a on a bit of a detour for the past year or so. I've also been neck deep in completing a Phase 1 clone helmet.

Ā 

Is there still an interest in this? There are so many TK makers out there (fan, licensed and otherwise)

Ā 

At the very least this is a helmet with legitimate origins and no "recast" stigma. (Which I think it stinking awesome!)

Ā 

Please voice opinions......

Ā 

where do I get ROTJ mic tips????

Ā 

I can mold some up if you like.

No one is making ROTJ helmets, so I think you'd do well. BTW your Phase 1 clone bucket looks great.

Ā 

I'll echo this. You'd have this space all to yourself, and I think there'd be a nice demand. Esp. given your sterling reputation for quality in clone helmets, this gives much confidence in what your quality bar will be for these.

I will buy one as long as they are vac formed. No resin stuff OK?

Ā 

Ā 

Guaranteed.

Ā 

The challenge here is this helmet is glued together. It may be a wrong choice, but I do not want to disassemble it. As much as it is great source for new ROTJ/SE helmets, it also is a piece of SW prop history. I'd like to retain that if possible. That might seem nostalgic but it's a reality for me. The hand written notes in pencil are priceless to me.

Ā 

I can mold the thing. Already started to. The real challenge are the ears. I need to remove them in order to get an accurate mold made but they are glued on.

You can always use TE ears, no?

Ā 

I'm not going to make or use anybodies anything. That's a heat my rear can't handle. B)

Ā 

It might not be a Screen Used item, but I think the cool thing is that this helmet was made by LFL people - whose molds, what molds is another story - but this sucker right from "them".

Ā 

I've already got some ideas, have no fear! :)