Good Morning from Atlanta

Sassypants3

Hello There.

Oops. Wrong group. Just kidding. Hello there everyone. I would like to introduce myself as a new, baby butt fresh, highly motivated but overwhelmed, and excited potential member. I have been a life long cosplayer amd Star Wars fan but took about a ten year cosplay hiatus due to school, work and so forth.

With life finally calming down, I really want to join the 501st. I have always been a fan of 501st for the outstanding screen accuracy and the charity work that the group does. It's something I want to pursue whole heartedly.  Granted, I will require quite a bit of handholding seeing as though I have to brush off quite a bit of dust.

Regardless, I am happy to be here. Thank you in advance for all of everyone's help and support.

• Like 3

Hello Amanda. Welcome to the FISD. 
You will find all the help you need here to complete your 501st journey. 

Here is a great starting point for research. 

Looking forward to following your journey .

Welcome, Welcome Amanda! This detachment is a wealth of knowledge. Tons of support and will keep you motivated along your build way. Happy to always see some Georgia locals. If you need anything, reach out. Also, if you need some help getting connected locally, let us know as well. We have active social media groups and opportunities to come handle at troops. This would allow you to get close and personal with costumes. Lots of cons/troops coming up here in Georgia.

16 minutes ago, zv288bot said:

Welcome, Welcome Amanda! This detachment is a wealth of knowledge. Tons of support and will keep you motivated along your build way. Happy to always see some Georgia locals. If you need anything, reach out. Also, if you need some help getting connected locally, let us know as well. We have active social media groups and opportunities to come handle at troops. This would allow you to get close and personal with costumes. Lots of cons/troops coming up here in Georgia.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I would absolutely love, and would be very grateful, to get in touch with the Georgia garrison. I have followed the FB page but it has been pretty quiet so I haven't had too much confidence about reaching out.   I figured the main forms would be a good kick off point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sassypants3 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I would absolutely love, and would be very grateful, to get in touch with the Georgia garrison. I have followed the FB page but it has been pretty quiet so I haven't had too much confidence about reaching out.   I figured the main forms would be a good kick off point.

Hi Amanda. I will shoot you a PM with some links to get involved locally as well.

General Amanda!

Another Georgian here, and like Jorge, from the Venator Squad. You’re in the right place for all things stormtrooper related, and such an iconic character is perfect for joining the Legion!

Do you have an idea of which specific stormtrooper you’re wanting to build? Below you’ll find a link to a resource page which may be of help to you. But don’t get overwhelmed with all the information; we’re all here to help you along on your journey!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

General Amanda!

Another Georgian here, and like Jorge, from the Venator Squad. You’re in the right place for all things stormtrooper related, and such an iconic character is perfect for joining the Legion!

Do you have an idea of which specific stormtrooper you’re wanting to build? Below you’ll find a link to a resource page which may be of help to you. But don’t get overwhelmed with all the information; we’re all here to help you along on your journey!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to do the standard Imperial TK armor as a first set but I plan on continuing to do a Commander Cody as my next set after completing my first once I get more experience. It's a big wish but I figure that I should start "small".

6 hours ago, Sassypants3 said:

I really want to do the standard Imperial TK armor as a first set but I plan on continuing to do a Commander Cody as my next set after completing my first once I get more experience. It's a big wish but I figure that I should start "small".

I think you will find that Stormtroopers would be one of the most covered costumes in the legion with so many references, tutorials and forum members ready to lend a hand.

Good luck with the research, looking forward to seeing a build thread from you soon 

Hello Amanda! Good to have you! :dancing-trooper: Good luck on your journey! If there are any questions, hit us up, we cover the whole world when it comes to time zones so there is pretty much someone online at all times!

Hello and welcome! Research, research, research, and we'll be here to help once you have any questions!

On 1/2/2024 at 4:06 AM, Nairy said:

[...] If there are any questions, hit us up, we cover the whole world when it comes to time zones so there is pretty much someone online at all times!

See @Sassypants3 - As Jonatan says, we have you GLOBALLY covered! Canada, Georgia, Australia, Sweden, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, and Cali! All manner of TKs at the ready to assist you!

Welcome to FISD Amanda!

As you are gathering, there is no shortage of information, imagery and help at hand.

We are probably the most active Detachment in the legion when it comes to members ready to assist and help make your Stormtrooper dream a reality.

Yes, this forum can be overwhelming, so please simply ask as many questions as you need, we are here to assist.