TK-13239 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM) (1071)

Hi Matt, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First of all, Matt,  thank you for the work you've done to improve your armor. Very good job!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Ok, let's start with the helmet.

-L3.:Ideally, placement of ears (and screws) should closely follow the rear angle of the trap above them.

As we have explained in other occasions, we will only require it for Centurion, when the helmet looks "weird", which is not your case.:duim:

Reference images

VhukGMy.jpg   HcSRTTJ.jpg                         qdZeHpP.jpg   v83UxcF.png

-To be more screen accurate, you can trim the brow a little bit (take care not to cut too much).:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

fVgZOPF.jpg   3AeVyPX.jpg                               P3XfbwR.png   8xlWFlJ.jpg

-The helmet seems to be too high. Maybe you can remove some padding, and then the helmet will sit a little lower. :smiley-sw013:

Reference image

047EJ9o.jpg                                   EJ8r9LS.png

-You can lower your forearms a little, that they almost touch the handguards. 

89o4Pzv.jpg            n938OSK.png   SLDVQr5.png   

-A simple dressing issue here. The undersuit seems to bunch up a bit in this area.  Maybe a size down can help you with this:dancing-trooper:.

Reference images

1sdXrat.jpg         tZUuh7f.png   z07CFOP.png

-Also, make sure that the TD is in position. It's a small detail that makes your armor look awesome.

Reference images

sJoARZH.jpg                                   a2SpIZk.png   XNKo9SE.png

-For more accuracy, you can trim  the small ab button panel.:Stormtrooper_walk_south:

Reference images

l91xOyl.jpg                               y9CgV8u.jpg   58Lr8vW.jpg   svP1seK.png

-Another dressing issue;). It looks like you forgot to connect the strap that connects the cod area to the posterior armor. It's another small detail that makes the armor look stunning.

Reference images

lYjMmlz.jpg                               3o9FaEL.jpg   ZARwLq2.jpg

-The raised ridges of the calves must be aligned. Symmetry and placement can improve the armor incredibly, believe us:lol:

Reference images

D3SzbqF.jpg                                         4R6ky8a.png   uKSJQXX.jpg

- You can lower this area a little too, so it doesn't look like you washed the armor in the washing machine with hot water (just kidding:laugh1:). But seriously, you'll avoid that long-legged Trooper look:jc_doublethumbup:.

Reference images

Xl5YeLD.jpg                         bRiWhAL.png   gKxo204.png               

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

-It is curious:blink:. This is the second time we have seen this in a very short time. It appears that the tube stripes on the right side, are too far away from the cheek in the area next to the ear.

The CRL states: "... the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek.". It will be necessary to move the tube stripes to their correct position.

As always, and we know it happens sometimes, if it is an optical effect of the photo, let us know!:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

BlGdFXf.jpg                             T72j0KT.jpg   QeKQYWx.jpg

-L3. Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile. 

We add it here, as we do not have a photo showing this area. Something like this:

xPSWwc2.png     pZR9CoY.jpg

-L3. Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor.

It's very little, and we're sure it will be easy to fix. A little tightening of the belt will probably be enough.:tkreal:

Reference images

9APNlHo.jpg                             4Le4CZc.png   U6bpo5U.png   9uJkFTh.png

-As Joseph rightly points out in your application,  Ideally, it should sit a bit lower and more toward the rear. 

By following Joseph's instructions, you will solve the problem quickly and easily:

"The process involves removing 3 screws- the first being the one that holds the scope rail on at the rear.  After you remove the rail, you will be able to access the plate on the rail that the Hengstler mounts to. Just remove the screws, reposition it, drill a couple of new holes and re-attach the screws."

Reference images                    

p7DpwFl.jpg         vo2rsVR.jpg    Bfm4KOQ.jpg    B1ZBxTu.png   

-Indeed, the missing spring is a problem. We know it's complicated, but your blaster will look much more realistic with the spring. At the end, it's Centurion level and all this kind of details are necessary.

Reference image

EaHxopG.jpg                viwxpKt.jpg   

Nothing more to add, , Matt. Congratulations !!!   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Don't forget to request your EIB Certificate HERE.

• Like 1

• Chemi changed the title to TK-13239 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status(1071)

Way to go, Matt! :salute:

I feel quite confident that you can jump on these items and that we will be seeing your Centurion submission soon!  If you need any help or advice, let us know, brother.  We are here for ya'.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Sorry for the delayed post. I was checking my notifications daily to see if there were other improvements to make, but for some reason never saw that it was approved. Weird. Anyway, thank you for all the support and oversight of this process, so excited to join the ranks of you fine troopers. Given where life is taking me right now, I will probably step back from mods until I can research then deep dive into fixing things up. 

If have have questions/posts about touch ups regarding Centurion mods, would I continue posting here, start a new post, or continue on my original build thread?

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, Sawanator said:

If have have questions/posts about touch ups regarding Centurion mods, would I continue posting here, start a new post, or continue on my original build thread

Perhaps add any questions here as all of the feedback is here :D

Looking forward to seeing your centurion app once you get back to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm positive I can make these changes.

I do have one question about the butt plate. My snap was definitely done up, so I'm not sure what to say about this. It's just how it sits on me. AM had that little extension on the butt plate, but I cut that off as I read in other threads it wasn't necessary, and it looked like it might be a good pinch point in a dangerous area, so I cut it off. Not sure there's much I can do about that. I use an elastic strap, I suppose I could switch to nylon and see if that make a difference. Any other thoughts or pics you would need me to send?

59 minutes ago, Sawanator said:

I do have one question about the butt plate. My snap was definitely done up, so I'm not sure what to say about this. It's just how it sits on me. AM had that little extension on the butt plate, but I cut that off as I read in other threads it wasn't necessary, and it looked like it might be a good pinch point in a dangerous area, so I cut it off. Not sure there's much I can do about that. I use an elastic strap, I suppose I could switch to nylon and see if that make a difference. Any other thoughts or pics you would need me to send?

UDg8WZX.jpg

Your shins are sitting really high on your boots, if you could get these to sit lower you could drop your thighs a little so they miss your posterior plate. Other than that you could trim some material off the top rear of the thighs so it allows some gap.

AM for comparison 

#1072, looks like the posterior has been pulled under. Also note how low the shins sit on his boots 

K5lUTaH.jpgU8XJVjO.jpg

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to TK-13239 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (AM) (1071)

So, I've been tinkering here and there when I have time. I'm starting heating the butt plate to bend the button up a bit. I have no explanation why it hangs so low. That's just how it is, even with the strap done up. I will post new pictures next time I suit up.

For the helmet, I've still got to address the tube strips, but I tried fixing the brow piece by the ears.

tIqQD7p.jpg wgfFY2d.jpg

For the blaster, I attempted the coil. I thought it was strange that it went in so far, then I realized it went right right to the end, and you can see if from the front. This can't be write, but I'm not sure how to stop the coil from sliding around. Would I glue it to the end cap? Not sure how I would get a blocked 1/2 way down.

image.thumb.png.9c618e5557d791b8d33237f27bf81e6c.png

Thoughts?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sawanator said:

For the blaster, I attempted the coil. I thought it was strange that it went in so far, then I realized it went right right to the end, and you can see if from the front. This can't be write, but I'm not sure how to stop the coil from sliding around. Would I glue it to the end cap? Not sure how I would get a blocked 1/2 way down.

Hey Matt. 
I can’t tell from the photo, but it looks like the spring goes into the sliding bolt.  Not sure if this is the case or not.  The spring should sit between the bolt and the back cap and should be a bit compressed so it doesn’t move.

Are you going to Toronto Comicon next month.  I will be there all 3 days and would be happy to look at anything you need me to in person.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

Hey Matt. 
I can’t tell from the photo, but it looks like the spring goes into the sliding bolt.  Not sure if this is the case or not.  The spring should sit between the bolt and the back cap and should be a bit compressed so it doesn’t move.

Are you going to Toronto Comicon next month.  I will be there all 3 days and would be happy to look at anything you need me to in person.  

I'll have to look up what that means? I don't see anything that it's supposed to latch onto. My sliding bolt doesn't move, and it appears to be a hollow tube all the way to the front of the blaster.

I'm not sure if I can make Comic Con. Got a serious house reno starting, so not sure I can get away.

Hi Matt.

Try filling the inside of the sliding bolt by gluing some black foam (or any other black material, being careful not to let it show from the outside). This will prevent the spring from sliding forward.

Gluing the spring to the end cap doesn't seem like a bad idea either(using a glue that withstands the hard life of a trooper:laugh1:).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sawanator said:

I'll have to look up what that means? I don't see anything that it's supposed to latch onto. My sliding bolt doesn't move, and it appears to be a hollow tube all the way to the front of the blaster.

Most of the blasters have a solid bolt that separates the inside of the blaster from the spring area.  As Chemi mentioned,  putting some black foam in there would help hold the spring in the back section or just securing the spring to the back cap should work.

Not sure how close you are to me geographically. I am in Cambridge. If you are not too far, maybe we could meet up sometime and I can help you.  

I think I got it figured out. I saw the bolt inside and was able to wider the first ring so that it catches the bolt. and puts pressure on it. We'll see how it holds. 

Thanks for the offer to help. 

I'll keep working on things and, if it's ok, I'll keep posting things here as I gear up for level 3 approval.

Edited by Sawanator
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

For the Tube strips, are there any tricks to getting that lined up properly? It's one of the last things I have to do  Also, to take the old ones off, is it just elbow grease?

7 minutes ago, Sawanator said:

For the Tube strips, are there any tricks to getting that lined up properly? It's one of the last things I have to do  Also, to take the old ones off, is it just elbow grease?

I like to use a pencil, mark in a few places then lay some masking tape as a guide.

RrDn3Su.jpgI5BC5Vg.jpgoxKNLoY.jpg

F56OYUI.jpg

Not sure if you have painted or stickers, if it's stickers you can lift with a knife an pull off, if painted you could use some mineral turpentine and buff any residue with some polish

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I like to use a pencil, mark in a few places then lay some masking tape as a guide.

RrDn3Su.jpgI5BC5Vg.jpgoxKNLoY.jpg

F56OYUI.jpg

Not sure if you have painted or stickers, if it's stickers you can lift with a knife an pull off, if painted you could use some mineral turpentine and buff any residue with some polish

Many thanks. I have stickers, so will give that a shot. 

• Like 1