Are we doing this?????

Hey all,
I'm routinely asked if I ever want to do a FOTK build. Due to the frequency of this question, I've formulated this response: "Yes. As long as it's either Captain Cardinal or Commander Pyre, but there's no CRL."

Oh to my surprise when I saw Captain Cardinal listed in the Databank as a New to the Legion Costume in Progress. https://databank.501st.com/databank/New_to_the_Legion_Costumes_in_Progress

With that said, I've heard a few different things circling around about potential Cardinal and Pyre CRLs, but it looks like information on the forum is somewhat limited. Also, while I lean more towards Commander Pyre (yes, I'm one of those guys who actually enjoyed Resistance) I love the Cardinal Character and would gladly add this costume to my never-ending build list. However, I really want to know if we have the full "blessing" from the LMOs before I commit to anything.

Anybody want to get rid of a FOTK kit?????

So with all that out there, if we do have the go-ahead, I'll plan on changing this topic title to The BigJasoni's Captain Cardinal WIP at a later date, but I want to make sure first.

Now, swinging topics a little bit, I saw the Pyre discussion regarding realistic vs. animated armor. Personally, I'm not a big fan of differing between realistic and animated kits, i.e. Clone armor, because it complicates things. I understand that there's differences, but why? I had a similar conversation with the Underworld Detachment regarding Hondo Ohnaka and it kind of turned me away from doing the build. Regardless, Pyre would be my "dream First Order build," but I'm not getting the feeling that a CRL is ever going to happen.

Qq0sCJY.jpg   

If any of you can answer my questions, I would be forever grateful. Lol

Thanks as always!

• Like 1

There are people working on both costumes,, two main come to mind, mostly finished BUT not fully complete, both have spoken to our DL @Sly11 in regards of the creation of CRL's BUT there will not be a CRL published until a costume is complete.

Here's the Captain Cardinal, towards the end of the thread are CRL components still needed

Here's the Commander Pyre, also a few CRL items mentioned which are need towards end of the thread

You will find a lot of costumes of late are being seen, and CRL's created for in real life and animated versions, both have had enough references to create CRL's so both should be able to be built as stand alone costumes, not blurred or merged. 

There are a lot of differences between a real life and animated FOTK, A LOT, only one maker has made an animated helmet so far to my knowledge but it still needed work. I'm not aware of anyone making the animated armor.

Thanks Glen,
Those are two of the threads I've been watching, almost since their creation. The paint job on @Sano's Pyre is especially what got me interested and led me to watch Resistance again. Lol.
Also, what you said about needing a finished costume confirms what I was thinking. However, as I alluded, I've had a few separate conversations which led me to question whether this was happening, or if the detachment (or LMO) needed more justification for CRL creation. I think the main things throwing me off are the conversations about building a CRL off of an action figure, 'a la Mountain Trooper, and Pyre's absence on the New to the Legion Costume in Progress page.

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

only one maker has made an animated helmet so far to my knowledge but it still needed work. I'm not aware of anyone making the animated armor.

Since you brought it up, I wonder is if any vendors are willing to create animated armor. Other than resistance, do we have any other animated examples that would make the juice worth the squeeze? Is there a market? Are there any... cringe... 3D kits out there? @JAFO, I'm looking at you brother. Lol. 

I'm sure you guys know the feeling where you think "I'm not going to buy another kit," but deep down you know that all it'll take is a little whisper from a bad influence. Unfortunately, I've got plenty of those guys close by and I'm definitely feeling the urge. Fortunately though, I've got enough costume builds to keep me busy through my birthday, or possibly Christmas, but it's never too early to start thinking.

Thanks again Glen, I'm afraid I'll be reading these threads again in their entirety over the weekend.

• Like 1

There is a 3D built FOTK in Australia, a few have spoken with the owner who created the files asking if he might oneday make them available for purchase but that was a while ago.

I shall see if that has changed.

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2022 at 11:12 AM, Sly11 said:

There is a 3D built FOTK in Australia, a few have spoken with the owner who created the files asking if he might oneday make them available for purchase but that was a while ago.

I shall see if that has changed.

Hello, I was wondering if you had found more information on this? I would be interested in 3d printing some parts of the armor. 

I see that @BigJasoni has thanked you for the files, but I can't find links or any information on the creator/owner of the files where I could purchase/download them...

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 4:27 PM, Arim215 said:

Hello, I was wondering if you had found more information on this? I would be interested in 3d printing some parts of the armor. 

I see that @BigJasoni has thanked you for the files, but I can't find links or any information on the creator/owner of the files where I could purchase/download them...

Ari,
I just received an email from the designer and for personal reasons, he's shut down operations for a while and doesn't know if or when he's going to be reopening his design studio. I wish I could tell you more, but these files are no longer available and am going to honor his privacy until he tells me it's OK to share.
With that said, there's another file set people have used which you can find here: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/other/star-wars-tlj-storm-trooperhelmet-chest-shoulder-armour-ep8

I'm not aware of any FOTK approvals in this costume, but @Cricket did a pretty cool thread outlining her son's build using this kit. You can find it here:

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just finished my 3d printed version using a BS lid.

2d30a9d09bbcbd27f729b709894e00ed.jpg
It was a lot of work, mostly as no one else has really built it.

The files for some sections have been updated as well

If I were to do it again I would know the pitfalls and be able to make life easier

• Like 3