Aussie Tk build

Been working on this non stop for the last month. Not sure if its right or not. Been working alone and only the forms to guide me. 

I know it doesn't sit on me 100% but mostly because I had to painstakingly put it on myself. 

Just waiting for the gloves and im.basically done, at least done enough for the convention in a couple of weeks. lOhpEyr.jpeg

Your image is a little small to see much detail but here are just a few things I can make out.

Shoulder bells could come in more, there is a big gap between them and your shoulder straps

k85ELoM.jpg?1  5GKZpcy.jpg?1

Chest could come up a bit, should not be sitting on ab plate

Forearms look a little narrow.

Can't quite make out your cover strips, looks like some of the pieces of armor may be overlapped? some cover strips are of different sizes too.

Cover strip on your thigh left leg is not central to the lower ridge join

E5L7eXO.jpg?1

You have rivets on the ends of your knee sniper plate, they should not be there and the ends should be cut straight.

ZKWGb6S.jpg

You have holes in you belt drop boxes, should not be there

cYrWLyH.jpg?1

Belt could be trimmed a little more top and bottom

yp9XgX5.jpg?1

That's about all I can see for the time being.

You can also post in this thread for feedback once you have all your photos, before submitting to your GML (garrison membership liaison) You need clear hi res images so details can be seen

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Your image is a little small to see much detail but here are just a few things I can make out.

Shoulder bells could come in more, there is a big gap between them and your shoulder straps

k85ELoM.jpg?1  5GKZpcy.jpg?1

Chest could come up a bit, should not be sitting on ab plate

Forearms look a little narrow.

Can't quite make out your cover strips, looks like some of the pieces of armor may be overlapped? some cover strips are of different sizes too.

Cover strip on your thigh left leg is not central to the lower ridge join

E5L7eXO.jpg?1

You have rivets on the ends of your knee sniper plate, they should not be there and the ends should be cut straight.

ZKWGb6S.jpg

You have holes in you belt drop boxes, should not be there

cYrWLyH.jpg?1

Belt could be trimmed a little more top and bottom

yp9XgX5.jpg?1

That's about all I can see for the time being.

You can also post in this thread for feedback once you have all your photos, before submitting to your GML (garrison membership liaison) You need clear hi res images so details can be seen

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

Thankyou for your feedback/help. Im working on to rectify the problems with it now. Only thing I can't really change is the drop boxes until I get new ones. But everything else is easy to fix. 

• Like 3

We are always available to help on the Southern Cross Garrison Forums

Do what you can before Supanova and come find us in the Star Wars fan Zone and we can help with any dressing issues you may be having!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andylah said:

We are always available to help on the Southern Cross Garrison Forums

Do what you can before Supanova and come find us in the Star Wars fan Zone and we can help with any dressing issues you may be having!!!!

I plan to be there 1st thing. Thankyou

14 hours ago, Luke The Aussie said:

Thankyou for your feedback/help. Im working on to rectify the problems with it now. Only thing I can't really change is the drop boxes until I get new ones. But everything else is easy to fix. 

Holes aren't actually that hard to fix on our armor. Look into ABS paste. You can make some easily with spare armor scraps. 

• Like 1

and now that I'm not on mobile, I can share a link more easily to said paste. :salute:

If the acetone is hard to get Down Under, Joseph has an excellent tutorial for using Sugru to do the same basic things. It's for thigh ridge gaps, but works the same for hole filling.

• Like 1

So I did some fixes. Then more things came undone. So my left shoulder snap came undone in the photo and so did the right bicep, however I think its getting there. I bridged the gap of my shoulders (best seen on my right shoulder) and knee isn't connected by rivets. Still have to "plug" the duvets in the drop boxes. 

I have fixed the strapping haven't had a chance to have help putting it on for better photos with the fixes. 

TkMYdWI.jpegOQcS0U0.jpegsrNzEmJ.jpegqDXFnBf.jpegGq6WD9n.jpeg

Hi Luke,

Welcome to the FISD.

Great advice from Glen and the others.

If you are not already, I would make sure that you have shared your progress with your local Garrison. Your local Garrison’s GML will be the one that has final say over what will pass at basic level.

Secondly, I’d recommend having a read of this from one of the best Star Wars websites around. It gives you a really good insight into the original armour and helmet props: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-helmets-sub-submenu.htm

Here’s some things I spotted that you could consider addressing, depending on how accurate you’d like to aim for.

Firstly, in your latest photos, your right bicep is facing the wrong way. This is a simple fix.
As a longer term fix, you could consider an internal connection between the should bell and the bicep - this would help keep them aligned.

ed0ae8724d6db0daf85062a4f1235db1.jpg

With regards to the helmet, it will likely pass at basic level, however, there are some tweaks you could make if you wanted to. One of them is the vocoder paint. Here’s examples of Stunt helmets and how the vocoder is usually a little “fuller” for A New Hope Stunt helmets. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48252-anh-tk-vocoder-examples/

From the top down, your shoulder bridges have a lot of excess plastic on them. Personally, I’d trim them approximately as below:

46f4577945ba85c07751750484059dce.jpg

Reference:
68d289e83753b4857297e629c1904cbd.jpg

Same for the back. At minimum, I would trim to the red lines:
34b8f89c81e9fac24e1f08110ae117ee.jpg

The original thermal detonators had the metal clips right out to the edges, touching the plastic white end caps. This could also be a consideration:
fdca4efc3a1042e05edeb097b57ad221.jpg

Reference:
56fca2811a0540ec3aa962d6f689971b.jpg

Your holster is currently hanging very low. This would usually be less than a few centimetres between the bottom of the fabric belt and the top of the holster itself:
47e2d64648ac903f366407996864f9f2.jpg

Reference:

fccdc06b91f490b7063585d7c5a261fd.png

The butt plate on your kit (is it TKUK?) is quite large and not very shaped. As below, you could consider trimming it to follow the shape of the originals: (approximately marked below)
9f03718b322b482a83de4fb449d98197.png

The main plastic belt should have 45° corners, approximately as below:

48c2de8ea985cb6fac59166fe3e339c0.jpg

Reference
d578277a80992fdb77764091c853701d.png

Looking at your rear thigh coverstrips, it looks like they might not be quite glued down fully.

6fd00aef0af87ccd1a04925216e2a923.jpg

As I mentioned at the top, I’d definitely speak with your Garrison and/or GML to see how many of these changes they “require” for basic and how many of them are optional improvements. As always with these things, the final level of detail is down to the builder. :-)

Hope these suggestions are helpful,

Best wishes
CableGuy Dan

45 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Luke,

Welcome to the FISD.

Great advice from Glen and the others.

If you are not already, I would make sure that you have shared your progress with your local Garrison. Your local Garrison’s GML will be the one that has final say over what will pass at basic level.

Secondly, I’d recommend having a read of this from one of the best Star Wars websites around. It gives you a really good insight into the original armour and helmet props: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-helmets-sub-submenu.htm

Here’s some things I spotted that you could consider addressing, depending on how accurate you’d like to aim for.

Firstly, in your latest photos, your right bicep is facing the wrong way. This is a simple fix.
As a longer term fix, you could consider an internal connection between the should bell and the bicep - this would help keep them aligned.

ed0ae8724d6db0daf85062a4f1235db1.jpg

With regards to the helmet, it will likely pass at basic level, however, there are some tweaks you could make if you wanted to. One of them is the vocoder paint. Here’s examples of Stunt helmets and how the vocoder is usually a little “fuller” for A New Hope Stunt helmets. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48252-anh-tk-vocoder-examples/

From the top down, your shoulder bridges have a lot of excess plastic on them. Personally, I’d trim them approximately as below:

46f4577945ba85c07751750484059dce.jpg

Reference:
68d289e83753b4857297e629c1904cbd.jpg

Same for the back. At minimum, I would trim to the red lines:
34b8f89c81e9fac24e1f08110ae117ee.jpg

The original thermal detonators had the metal clips right out to the edges, touching the plastic white end caps. This could also be a consideration:
fdca4efc3a1042e05edeb097b57ad221.jpg

Reference:
56fca2811a0540ec3aa962d6f689971b.jpg

Your holster is currently hanging very low. This would usually be less than a few centimetres between the bottom of the fabric belt and the top of the holster itself:
47e2d64648ac903f366407996864f9f2.jpg

Reference:

fccdc06b91f490b7063585d7c5a261fd.png

The butt plate on your kit (is it TKUK?) is quite large and not very shaped. As below, you could consider trimming it to follow the shape of the originals: (approximately marked below)
9f03718b322b482a83de4fb449d98197.png

The main plastic belt should have 45° corners, approximately as below:

48c2de8ea985cb6fac59166fe3e339c0.jpg

Reference
d578277a80992fdb77764091c853701d.png

Looking at your rear thigh coverstrips, it looks like they might not be quite glued down fully.

6fd00aef0af87ccd1a04925216e2a923.jpg

As I mentioned at the top, I’d definitely speak with your Garrison and/or GML to see how many of these changes they “require” for basic and how many of them are optional improvements. As always with these things, the final level of detail is down to the builder. :-)

Hope these suggestions are helpful,

Best wishes
CableGuy Dan

Thankyou for your feed back. I'll try my best to get these changes addressed. The back of the thighs arnt all glued down as they come apart so I can put them on. 

You were right on the money with it being from tkuk. I wasn't 100% sure where to stop the trims on the belt or shoulder straps. But your diagram helped alot. Thermal detonator is easy to fix.

And like I said the bicep connector broke when I took the photo, that's why it's backwards. (Fixed now) 

Im only going for basic. Don't have the time or luxury to go any further.

Thankyou again 

• Like 2

Thankyou for your feed back. I'll try my best to get these changes addressed. The back of the thighs arnt all glued down as they come apart so I can put them on. 

You were right on the money with it being from tkuk. I wasn't 100% sure where to stop the trims on the belt or shoulder straps. But your diagram helped alot. Thermal detonator is easy to fix.

And like I said the bicep connector broke when I took the photo, that's why it's backwards. (Fixed now) 

Im only going for basic. Don't have the time or luxury to go any further.

Thankyou again 

No worries, Luke. As I said, speak with your GML first as they might not ask for any of these things. :-)
  • Like 1

Looking better, still needs some tweaks here and there  but I'm sure once you around other 501st members they can point out a few things, have a great time at your convention

• Like 1

Nice job on those tweaks, Luke.

As Glen mentioned, feel free to have a chat with your fellow troopers if you want to make further upgrades etc.

Have a great troop at the convention.

• Like 1