TK-77712 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (AP) (464)

husky68

Name = Robert B
TK ID = 77712
Garrison/Squad = Japanese Garrison
Forum Name = Husky68

Armor = Authentic Props
Helmet = Authentic Props
Blaster= 3D printed

Optional

Height = 5' 10"
Weight = 96kg
Boots = Imperial Boots
Ammo belt = Authentic Props
Canvas belt = Authentic Props
Holster = Authentic Props
Hand Plates = latex, Authentic Props
Electronics = iComm, UKSWrath Amp, UKSWrath Hovi Tips
Neck Seal = Trooperbay

Link to EIB:

ssOEGtr.png

GyKci5x.png

9yTOPCU.png

WY6YqQj.png

N4rcODD.png

OLU0KX2.jpg

x18ZstR.jpg

Rj5MB6I.jpg

0rx2sDD.jpg

M86dFrR.jpg?1

koKhP4W.jpg

TfVYifH.jpg?1

SIGgjGN.jpg

qJ0qzXt.jpg

i9Kgem9.jpg

LH5SqLU.jpg

fo2IfsY.jpg

Zm7kMmB.jpg

az3Z7HZ.jpg

bOrs9h3.jpg

xdKi2lr.jpg

ZxG6tjZ.jpg?1

XgSVEmi.jpg

1c0znKB.jpg

LCsdMJV.jpg

iR3q5ba.jpg

7SUeqmD.jpg

6HAwB3Z.jpg

KaA5SzQ.jpg

q5MkOah.jpg

EAylwub.jpg?1

wRij0Gq.jpg

VGyKRuS.jpg

YI69dJf.jpg

WOW, it looks like you have been BUSY on those fixes, Robert! :jc_doublethumbup:  Great idea of making mobility cuts on the rear of the calf tops, and that TD plate fix... brilliant!  But before moving along and getting that Centurion badge under your name there are just a few items to go over.

The shoulder bells still need to be brought in.  As I mentioned in your EI submission, it appears that you have the wiggle-room to do this, and it's just a matter of shortening the existing straps, either with CA glue or a needle and thread.  Easy fix, brother!

Reference images

CElMyuc.png?1   J3QWw8H.png  6vN7Tf8.jpg?1  2V42RyD.jpg?1

Another easy fix here... As seen in the first 2 pics below, the drop boxes are still a bit out of kilter.  It could very well be the angle of the photo, but note in the reference image that the front edge should line up with the outside edge of the ABS belt.  Just move those straps out toward the end and use a little CA or E-6000 behind them and you are golden.

6CpoagS.jpg        aMQVKRI.png?1              ws9heUQ.jpg

We will also need 2 more pics, sir:

1.  Close up of ab plate

2.  Photo showing the white elastic band(s) that holds the shoulder bridges down.

You are SO close, my friend.  So very close!  As soon as you get these things done I will be proud to add that badge under your name!!  

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-77712 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (AP)

Missing pictures from first post. 

AoWnmPG.jpg

rUsARqP.jpg

Including various angles and lighting for the panel buttons because for AP sets with the stickers it is always something of contention with applications.  I have seen and if needed will try to provide reference shots that show similar button size used. 

OYmTsEf.jpg

hB19f7C.jpg

Mznp0ln.jpg

KxpEdDY.jpg

OYmTsEf.jpg

RfJWYoe.jpg

38 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

The shoulder bells still need to be brought in.  As I mentioned in your EI submission, it appears that you have the wiggle-room to do this, and it's just a matter of shortening the existing straps, either with CA glue or a needle and thread. 

The picture does look close but it's really a case of,  "so close but yet so far" because my shoulders are just too wide for these bells.  They already put strain on the shoulder strap which I try to reduce by pulled the chest/back down to tighten it as much as possible.  Any shorter and I am sure the strap underneath will be visible under the abs strap.  I'll try again with a shorter strap but honestly I think it will require the purchase of new bells from a different maker which might give a color difference.

Edited by husky68

31 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

As seen in the first 2 pics below, the drop boxes are still a bit out of kilter.  It could very well be the angle of the photo, but note in the reference image that the front edge should line up with the outside edge of the ABS belt.  Just move those straps out toward the end and use a little CA or E-6000 behind them and you are golden.

I should have also thanked you for the quick review.

To get the boxes that tiny bit closer I will have to make a cut out a chunk or fold the elastic between the belt and the abs because the rivet/screw that holds the two together gets in the way of the elastic.  I'll then need to reposition and add glue.

23 minutes ago, husky68 said:

The picture does look close but it's really a case of,  "so close but yet so far" because my shoulders are just too wide for these bells.  They already put strain on the shoulder strap which I try to reduce by pulled the chest/back down to tighten it as much as possible.  Any shorter and I am sure the strap underneath will be visible under the abs strap.  I'll try again with a shorter strap but honestly I think it will require the purchase of new bells from a different maker which might give a color difference.

PM sent!

25 minutes ago, husky68 said:

To get the boxes that tiny bit closer I will have to make a cut out a chunk or fold the elastic between the belt and the abs because the rivet/screw that holds the two together gets in the way of the elastic.  I'll then need to reposition and add glue.

That's exactly how the originals were done, sir!   It doesn't have to be pretty, just functional!

qcixHMR.jpg?1

• Like 1

12 hours ago, husky68 said:

Missing pictures from first post. 

AoWnmPG.jpg

rUsARqP.jpg

Including various angles and lighting for the panel buttons because for AP sets with the stickers it is always something of contention with applications.  I have seen and if needed will try to provide reference shots that show similar button size used. 

OYmTsEf.jpg

hB19f7C.jpg

Mznp0ln.jpg

KxpEdDY.jpg

OYmTsEf.jpg

RfJWYoe.jpg

Great photos! Clearly shows the AP button decals are correct in size and don't cover the entire bumps.

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 3

I've looked at the belt and the left side seemed fine but the right needed to be moved over more than possible.  So I cut a piece out so the elastic would stretch further to the end and align the drop box.

YS02Nxg.jpg

zX7Zy4f.jpg

T8IlE27.jpg

exdy0UG.jpg

DVM6tau.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Robert, and Thank You for your submission for Centurion level (and your patience)!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of Sha Sha and myself, congratulations:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Not a lot to say here, brother...  You did an outstanding job on re-painting those traps/ear bars and fantastic work on those drop box fixes!  Know that it's always a pleasure for Sha Sha and I to see when someone steps up to plate like this and goes the extra mile to reach level 3.  We really do appreciate it.  

The main issue we were having is that while the gaps between the shoulder bells and chest/back plates look great, the tops of the bells are a little farther from the shoulder bridge than we normally like to see.

HOWEVER, we understand that troopers come in all shapes and sizes, and after looking into the matter with multiple PMs and additional photos, we have decided that you honestly did all you could to address the issue so we are happy to welcome you to Level 3!

CElMyuc.png?1

Although you can't troop just yet due to what is going on the world, once you can you will be representing the Japanese Garrison, The FISD and the 501st proudly as it's newest Centurion level TK.  Well done, sir!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 4

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-77712 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (AP) (464)

Size was an issue for most of my build so I appreciate the consideration.  I would like to say thanks to justjoseph63, Sha Sha and all the other members of FISD whom have been there to answer questions and provide advice along this journey.

Edited by husky68

Congratulations Robert! Awesome job! I know how much time and effort you put into making your armor top notch. You spent a lot of time getting things the best they can be and it shows. 

:salute:Very proud to have another Centurion in the ranks here in Japan! Well done!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ForeverFanFirstTimeRecruit said:

Congrats.  I'm striving to join the ranks in the near future.  :-)

At the rate you are going, I expect it! :D

• Like 1