Jump to content

husky68

501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

    112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About husky68

  • Rank
    Lieutenant

Profile Information

  • Location
    Tokyo

FISD Info

  • FISD Supporter
    No

Standard Info

  • Name
    Robert
  • 501st ID
    77712
  • 501st Unit
    Japanese Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

331 profile views
  1. Working on placement with as much references as I can get. Started with the rail and rear sight, had to cut down the rail from a different plan to work with this plan. Then adding scope and counter trying to match the blueprint image from e-11 reference thread. Placement of the clip was also a concern and from images hard to exactly tell, although I know it would feet into the barrel a certain spot on a real SMG. Then placement of the handle seemed straight forward but saw a little bit of variance in sources. Hoped that my placement would be good. Adding all the final small pieces and smoothing out print lines leaves the blaster ready to paint. I decide to fix the bolt in place and have the whole blaster static, maybe my next one will be fancier with working selector and sprint. And finally late at night in the bike parking space I hit the blaster with the first light layer of spray paint. It makes an amazing transformation from white to black and goes from plastic to Rebel nightmare in seconds. Leaving it to dry overnight in the morning I can see some missed spots and will keep hitting it with light layers until it is ready for trooping. Once the layers are all done and the end cap with spring added I will post a review.
  2. The files I had printed lacked some detail and the recently mentioned upload by Trooper96 makes me feel this will only be my first blaster. Given some details are already lacking, my next blaster I will aim to be more accurate to the originals. I'll do the best I can with what I have and improve with the next one.
  3. Chemical welded but not a lot of contact. I was just going to hit all of it with same black spray. Why? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Put in some more work on my blaster, need to have it finished for the 22nd when I go to my first troop at Tokyo Comic-Con. Made the folding stock a solid piece. Used pin for positioning and set the back pivot point. This is best to give me a reference of locating other parts. Testing the t-rail placement Installed the rest of them Also put on the flash guard I've found a new set of 3D parts from Trooper96, the detail looks amazing and might need to be a future project. It was uploaded in July which is months after my parts were finished and delivered. I'm having a friend print a new scope rail, front sight and rear sight for me from this plan.
  5. Will check when I get home. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Thanks Brian. I have limited access via Tapatalk but hard to use. Had a reply to PM from Chris ( themaninthesuitcase) but issue persists as of few hours ago. I was trying to change my email to husky68.77712@gmail.com. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. I’m having the same issue trying to change my email. I’ve tried gmail and hotmail. Only have access via tapatalk now. I will PM as above and hope it will be ok to do so. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Received my orders to report to Japanese Garrison for the glory of the Empire. First troop will be Tokyo Comic-Con starting November 22nd.
  9. https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31441 TK-77712 - reporting for duty.
  10. Requesting access https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31441 TK-77712
  11. First I would like to thank you for this thread, as my armor is new I am still concerned with every scratch and mark like a new car or pair of shoes. Removing the return edges seems to be good preventative measures to reduce future issues. Is there any exceptions or considerations for reaching higher levels when removing return edges? Without return edges I wonder if some parts will lose their shape, like the one image of a shoulder bell above that seems a bit warped?
  12. Cleaning up parts and putting some of them together. Using chemical bonding is both instant and almost irreversible so taking my time with everything. I made the trigger static, but to make it more solid. The D-ring is not connected and can swing freely. Will need to carefully paint it so it does not get stuck. I will likely try to put my TK number in the counter, already have a number plate to cut and place inside. The mag needs to be sanded down a little more to fit inside, but should't be a problem.
  13. GML approved last week, still waiting for LMO to assign TK.
  14. With many minor tweaks and changes still to be made, my armor is in a reasonable shape to make my application for basic. Improvements and maintenance appear to be an never ending journey as I speak with local garrison members. At this point I hope to become a member in time for the Tokyo Comic-Con coming up in November. INFORMATION: 1. Robert Blatherwick 2. Japan Garrison 3. Armor maker - Authentic Props 4. Helmet maker - Authentic Props 5. Cloth belt maker - Authentic Props 6. Neck seal maker - trooperbay 7. Boot maker - Imperial Boots 8. Height 5' 10" 12. weight 96kg 13. TK type - ANH Stunt 14. Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build. @Bulldog44 , @Two, @FarEast , @p4ntb0y and many other local members. An obvious point of note is the back of the abs shoulder strap, I will be trimming off the larger end section and possibly reshaping a bit more. After basic approval I will be improving/upgrading for an EIB application.
×
×
  • Create New...