New to this whole thing and honestly im not sure where to buy a kit

So Ive wanted to make a stormtrooper custume for a while and after bumping into the 501st here at a local convention I decided I wanted to join. Ive tried doing some research in the past about people selling armour on their websites, but after reading some of the stuff on the forums thats probs not the best place for a kit. Ive read the booklet from the starter email, looked all over on youtube and looked thru the forums and what I should do but ive come up with no conclusion. Im stumped. Where do I find a good kit that is legit, no funny buisness online? All ive seen is sites to avoid and not which you should order from. I would like to not spend too too much money but still what my options are. 

Thanks

Edited by Eddi134
  • Like 1

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

This is the best place to go for that advice. The vetted maker post is constantly updated so all are good choices. Keep in mind some are suited to specific body types and versions of trooper armor. All the info is in this thread and although it’s a lot of info I highly suggest you take in as much as possible.

Have Fun!

Jim
TK-50899

• Like 4

Welcome to FISD Edgar. 

Search is the clue to take the best desicion. Feel free to ask whatever you need before you pay a cent.

Good luck and we are here to help you make your dream of being a Imperial  Stormtrooper come true.

Cheers  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
  • Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, Edgar!  Jim and Mario are spot-on with that advice....always feel free to ask here if you have any questions regarding a particular seller, and you will get honest feedback.  Choosing your armorer is the most important (and costly) investment you will make, so it's better to ask than to guess. 

We are here to help you from step one until your eventual 501st approval, so never be shy about asking for advice... it's what we do!

Welcome. Research is the best as said before. The link in the first response is a list of the only vendors you should consider! Also: you should ask any questions regarding the kit you want to go with or about a buyer here on FISD. Everything a stormtrooper ever needs to know is here :) 

goodluck

On 1/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, Eddi134 said:

So Ive wanted to make a stormtrooper custume for a while and after bumping into the 501st here at a local convention I decided I wanted to join. Ive tried doing some research in the past about people selling armour on their websites, but after reading some of the stuff on the forums thats probs not the best place for a kit. Ive read the booklet from the starter email, looked all over on youtube and looked thru the forums and what I should do but ive come up with no conclusion. Im stumped. Where do I find a good kit that is legit, no funny buisness online? All ive seen is sites to avoid and not which you should order from. I would like to not spend too too much money but still what my options are. 

Thanks

Welcome! It's great that a Troop inspired you to join!

While there is no "100% certified, 100% of the time" list, there's a large list of vendors here that have a very long and positive history with members here. While, on internet terms, its odd to stay away from Ebay/Amazon/Official Sites and go with individual people, it is certainly the way to go, as-long as they're "approved" here. While you can go with "non-vetted" vendors, do make sure to do the research. The issue with Non-Vetted vendors, is that there's a more likely chance of there to be issues when you order. 

Feel free to ask questions, check MoSc0ut's comment for the link about the vendors. There are no bad questions!

Welcome Edgar, to FISD, and Star Garrison!

Where in Texas are you located?  Naturally, because...  Texas...  We are one of the largest Garrisons within the Legion.  We have multiple squads, and each serves and supports a specific part of the state.  Knowing where you are may prove helpful in finding you some local contacts, although you may already have some since you met our members at an event.

As already mentioned above, that link is the pipeline to the shiny white armory.  Dig in there, and ask, ask, ask if you have questions.  The community here is always excited to welcome new members and to guide them along to their ultimate (Centurion :) ?) approval.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...