Husky68 Requesting Pre Approval Review (AP)

husky68

With many minor tweaks and changes still to be made,  my armor is in a reasonable shape to make my  application for basic.  Improvements and maintenance appear to be an never ending journey as I speak with local garrison members.  At this point I hope to become a member in time for the Tokyo Comic-Con coming up in November. 

INFORMATION:

1.  Robert Blatherwick

2.  Japan Garrison

3.  Armor maker - Authentic Props

4.  Helmet maker - Authentic Props

5.  Cloth belt maker - Authentic Props

6.  Neck seal maker - trooperbay

7.  Boot maker - Imperial Boots

8.  Height  5' 10"

12.  weight 96kg

13.  TK type - ANH Stunt

14.  Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your  build.  @Bulldog44 ,  @Two, @FarEast , @p4ntb0y and many other local members.

nkL4DeN.jpg

vGENUll.jpg

eIg81pT.jpg

lJEH3T4.jpg

rUsARqP.jpg

cUggiyv.jpg

Th18u3A.jpg

tDCMgUl.jpg

An obvious point of note is the back of the abs shoulder strap,  I will be trimming off the larger end section and possibly reshaping a bit more.

After basic approval I will be improving/upgrading for an EIB application.

Edited by husky68

Looking SHARP, Robert!

Really nice job on this AP armor, sir, and I see nothing getting in the way of you and your official TK number.  It's obvious you put a lot of thought and care into this, and judging from the overall fit and details it looks like you are (hopefully) aiming for EI and then Centurion :jc_doublethumbup:.

I realize I'm jumping the gun a bit, and there are a few small details that will need to be addressed for those levels, but it looks like you the mad build skills to take care of them!

One thing I would suggest (for comfort levels if nothing else) is to trim the tops of the forearms .  When carrying your E-11 you will spend a lot of time with your arms bent, and those will more than likely poke into you making it mighty uncomfortable.  5 minutes with a Dremel and some sandpaper and you are golden.

You may want to raise the ABS belt a bit as well.  ;)

Reference images

1MsYCHh.jpg?1  3bKYFwX.jpg?1 rKJQChV.jpg?2

Gotta say fantastic work on trimming those ab-button panels... absolute textbook!  Again, a super nice job, sir, and looking forward to seeing that TK number under your name. :duim:

• Like 1

Very nice work, shouldn't be any issues for basic, then a few tweaks for EIB.

Good luck on approval

• Like 1

Nice job, Robert!  As mentioned above, you will probably want to trim up the forearms.  Those bit can either dig into your skin or cause the forearms to rotate a bit while trooping. You may even want to lower the forearms a touch.  Approval will be a snap. :duim:

• Like 1

Awesome work on your armor Robert! I have been following your build journey and know the challenges you were faced with. You haven’t give up and pushed on through to get your armor ready for this stage which is really the best part as it gets you into the legion. Wish you the best of luck with your application and can’t wait to troop with you soon! 

As mentioned above the forearm trimming will help reduce the bite. If you are apprehensive to take a chunk off right away, I suggest doing it in small stages so you can see if it’s the look you want to keep and also the comfort factor. I did this approach with a few parts of mine and felt more at ease than trimming lots off at one time 

Edited by Bulldog44
  • Like 1

Looking good. I’d follow the advice of those that have commented to get your armor looking even more sweet. We hope to see you at EI and Centurion in the future.

• Like 1

Normally doesn’t take them too long, although they are down a few staff members 

Congratulations trooper, well done 

• Like 1

Congratulations once again (now it's official) well done and welcome to the ranks trooper

• Like 1