Jared Requesting Pre Approval Review (ATA)

Jared

-Jared Orland

-Future Mountain Garrison, Mile High Squad

-Armor: ATA

-Helmet: ATA

-Belt: Imperial Issue

-Neck Seal: Darman

-Boots: CABoots

-Blaster: Hasbro doopydoos conversion

-Height: 5’10”

-Weight 150

-TK ANH stunt

-I received significant help through the forums from my GML@bobafret but I physically built this myself.

-Front (helmet off)e34e562e53d308dad20c49c767a83639.jpg

-Frontc48e5686c162bd34a971c4851f5119d4.jpg

-Back10c26f57d83231a10950c10ceeb6b550.jpg

Left (arm up)cced45e019a34859b0a12646e596aa6e.jpg

Right (arm up)0600a0f9bca37c273e6361f0f8b23127.jpg

Left53982a50980a871ac0baaac46a3c2b67.jpg

Right32b2d1710fa1732f0a44c635a4a50b55.jpg

Ab close up2ab5cb1d93dacccfe9fb17059b699fcb.jpg

Helmet frontd39ac8830d86694672b617e96a3ebb4f.jpg

Helmet Left52d5a6748459d1f2e686317fa3d10337.jpg

Helmet Right6c9f704054f87c245fdd82c0e7665fa3.jpg

Interiora3a337825efa032e01d81a35361a54bc.jpg

Thank you for your time and advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great job!:duim:

You should pass basic easily. 

Only thing I'd say is pull those bells in on top and see you at EIB soon!

Good Luck Future Trooper!

• Like 1

Looking good Jared:duim: 

Some suggestions:

Remove the rear big bump on the bridges for screen accuracy and it looks like your rear shin cover strips goes over the raised egde, which they shoulden`t. Other than that great work and good luck :salute:

gallery_12157_11_577038.jpg

• Like 1

Good work, you'll have your TK number in no time!

This won't impact your approval, and this is the perfectionist in me talking, but why does the right helmet trap extend so far down? It looks a little weird peeking out from the rubber strip. i would think about removing the paint to the left of the strip.

• Like 1

Good work, you'll have your TK number in no time!

This won't impact your approval, and this is the perfectionist in me talking, but why does the right helmet trap extend so far down? It looks a little weird peeking out from the rubber strip. i would think about removing the paint to the left of the strip.

I see what you’re talking about. I have not done anything to secure my brow strip in place. I was thinking a little dab of e6000 in a couple spots. It looks like my brow strip is a little loose and not reaching all the way to the edge of the trap. You can see a little droop in the strip over the eye. I’ll try to fix this by tightening it first then look into paint removal if it doesn’t do the job.

I have a little problem with how the back connects to the kidney on the right side. It’s either overlapping in an off center way or wanting to tuck behind. I might try to use boiling water to gently reshape the bottom of the back. What do you think?00e48421a36e993e314d5696fc5bdbb0.jpg17ee4e95c43fe6e8f46798f1a8e4e7a6.jpg

• Like 1

Superb job, Jared. That fits you like a glove and looks superb! :-)

Very little work needed to get you approved by the looks of it. As Daniel mentioned, those rear cover strips on the calves should end where the ridge starts.
The only other thing I’d mention, and it’s not a clearance issue and doesn’t need to be done, if you wanted to add a little more “stunt” look to your lid, you could possibly extend the frown paint a little further, beyond the un-drilled holes, and level the vocoder a little. 

4e3d76193990247310375e49e0570543.jpg

As I said, it’s not required at all and all lids are slightly different, so it's not a criticism. The lid pictured is the "Dave M" helmet.

With the back/kidney, as you said, a little hot water bath could help to shape it. You could also consider putting additional straps near those outer edges to help keep things lined up?

Excellent job - I’m sure you’ll be approved in no time. :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by CableGuy

21 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Looking good Jared:duim: 

Some suggestions:

Remove the rear big bump on the bridges for screen accuracy and it looks like your rear shin cover strips goes over the raised egde, which they shoulden`t. Other than that great work and good luck :salute:

gallery_12157_11_577038.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE stop telling people this!  It is *not* in the CRL and you are giving a lot of GMLs fits right now as people are cutting them off and applying for membership and getting denied.

We can update the CRL in the future, but I do ask everyone to, when giving advice, to not suggest anything that conflicts with the CRL.

• Like 1

Just now, TheSwede said:

I´m not sure I follow?

What is happening is that people are getting advice to chop off the back of the shoulder straps.  Then they go apply for Legion acceptance, and the GML rejects them as that is not allowed per the CRL.  Prospective member is frustrated, GML is frustrated, they are starting to complain via the GML area of the Legion boards, etc.

4 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

as that is not allowed per the CRL.

Not allowed were? All the CRL says is this:

For 501st approval:

• These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.

Well, it doesn't say the front tabs are needed either, but they are, right?  :)

I think this is just one of those items where like rounded corners, etc. that people follow the pictures, etc.  e.g. a gap that we should address.  It would seem to me worthwhile to spend a little time researching how common those rear tabs are/are not.  Why?  Because there are a lot of strange flubs in ANH that we don't allow like missing tube stripes, missing holsters, etc. and it would be best to put a little due diligence around this.

FWIW, this is the first time I've ever seen an applicant slice off the rear tabs on an ANH approval. Maybe other GMLs do it differently?

4 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Well, it doesn't say the front tabs are needed either, but they are, right?

True, but they are visible on the CRL model and the chest plate. The rear big bump is not seen or mentioned at all in the CRL so I find it strange that a GML would deny a application for not having the "bump". I have two Centurion suits and a shadowtrooper without it and never had an issue with approval. And for what it`s worth, my TM kits came without having it and so did the Anovos shadow. But...you are the DL so I won`t mention this suggestion again.

To risk totally hijacking @Jared's thread (sorry bud), this is the kind of thing that would be perfect as a centurion requirement. Just my two cents.

To clarify for Jared, there is no rule in the CRL one way or the other on the big tab. I personally left mine because I thought it looked better with it (I think the 3 centimeters of length it adds makes the shoulder bridges cleaner in the back), even if it isn't ever visible on screen. I might chop it off later to be screen accurate, who knows. 

15 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

True, but they are visible on the CRL model and the chest plate. The rear big bump is not seen or mentioned at all in the CRL so I find it strange that a GML would deny a application for not having the "bump". I have two Centurion suits and a shadowtrooper without it and never had an issue with approval. And for what it`s worth, my TM kits came without having it and so did the Anovos shadow. But...you are the DL so I won`t mention this suggestion again.

I apologize for not being clearer. Just because someone is a DL doesn't mean a discussion is closed, or your opinion is not welcome.  All I'm asking is that there be some thought put in to clarifying a CRL for one, and ensuring that GMLs don't read in to what isn't there as a second.

7 minutes ago, Neb Sgird said:

To clarify for Jared, there is no rule in the CRL one way or the other on the big tab.

Thanks for clarifying and that`s why I said "for screen accuracy" but I guess I should have been clearer. 

28 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

clarifying a CRL for one, and ensuring that GMLs don't read in to what isn't there as a second.

Could not agree more but still won`t make this suggestion untill it`s resolved and I´m still astounded by the fact that GML:s are denying applicants for it.

3 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Thanks for clarifying and that`s why I said "for screen accuracy" but I guess I should have been clearer. 

Could not agree more but still won`t make this suggestion untill it`s resolved and I´m still astounded by the fact that GML:s are denying applicants for it.

Thanks.  And those GMLs are likely wondering why a different GML will accept.  I'll split this off in to a separate thread so as not to distract. 

1 minute ago, Daetrin said:

different GML will accept.

Just have to respond that it´s not just a different GML, as for me I have had my shoulder bridges up for Centurion-inspection twice and no issue. 

This sounds like a discussion that needed to happen.
I’m gonna leave my bridges alone for now. I can always cut them off. I can’t cut them back on.
I’ll wait to see what my GML says and anyone on the road to centurion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

This sounds like a discussion that needed to happen.
I’m gonna leave my bridges alone for now. I can always cut them off. I can’t cut them back on.
I’ll wait to see what my GML says and anyone on the road to centurion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jared for letting us use your thread this way.  My $$ says that after a few days of discussion it will be allowed for ANH suits at least, but as you note, it doesn't hurt.  'Sides, I have a full queue of OT CRL updates to make and hope to them soon.