Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

Bummer..but not to worry - it`s all fairly easy to fix:duim: 
Option one: remove cover strip and check length, from the looks of it it could come down a few mm at the bottom so maybe the lenght is right, otherwise trim and put back.
Option 2: trim the top of the coverstrip were it sits using a dremmel (that`s how I would do it) or some other tool of your choice.
The gap: glue some scrap abs on the inside and then abs-paste on the outside and some patient sanding your good to go

So should I just a piece at the bottom or add a strip full length? Pretty sure I could find a scrap piece for an inner strip. Because I still have the issue of the ridge sitting under the cover strip like this.1492154d2b7a50c96d6e9d7cd736c1fc.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

For the gap, just ad a piece at the bottom....for the issue with the coverstrip (if you choose to fix) the only option is to remove and reglue making sure it sits even on the seem...and if there is need for a gap for the entire seem in order for the cover strip to sit even, then a full length inner strip is prefereble:salute:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

So I will most likely be adding a full length strip luck has it that I believe I found the trimmed off pieces making it much easier.

So will need to completely deconstruct the thigh. However I have what I need to fix the issue. 

Question: How should I make the paste? Thicker or thinner?

Can you post a photo so that we can advise you better? Generally you don't want the paste too runny as it can then get on other parts of the armour and you don't want it to melt anything.

1 minute ago, lucnak said:

Can you post a photo so that we can advise you better? Generally you don't want the paste too runny as it can then get on other parts of the armour and you don't want it to melt anything.

Yeah when I get home I can pull it out and show where I'm at. I was lucky to keep all my scraps and just happened to find the piece I trimmed off of that section.

The first one is where I need to fill the gap. The thinner piece is the piece I initially trimmed. The second is the front cover strip it just seems a bit long.641e2185cfbaaf4c8ffb60ea5c1b4f9a.jpg6ddc97ce28d70899299de2ead7c16194.jpg

To clarify, you trimmed too much off the thigh at the ridge in the first photo so you need to put that back? If this is the case, your cover strip will cover most of that. You would just need to fill the bottom cut and the potential gap you may have between the halves. Won't need a lot of paste.

• Like 1

To clarify, you trimmed too much off the thigh at the ridge in the first photo so you need to put that back? If this is the case, your cover strip will cover most of that. You would just need to fill the bottom cut and the potential gap you may have between the halves. Won't need a lot of paste.
Correct. I just need to cover the second seam at the very top and very bottom. The cover strip will cover most of it, but the strip appears to be a tad long, like 1 or 2mm. So not sure if I should leave that or pull it and trim it down.

Decided to take a break from the armor while I figure the best way to tackle the thigh issue. So went to work on my neck seal, third attempt and with some pointers and tips from SoulArt/Teresa It's like a hot knife and butter.17dd7606d073f556408f1dd3b24c092d.jpg30192bf137cc58ebe8cb20d72effeb9a.jpg9163b4a5d2a21f2b9d1f48e8667d763a.jpg

Real quick addition to the neck seal, does it matter what the material is for the bib/dicky part?

So I decided to get back to the hard stuff. Shortened the thigh front cover strip. Dry fitting the repair area. Thinking I'll ca glue it to a improvised inner strip and then re-trim it after, but not sure if that's the right way to go. It makes sense to me for support and reinforcing. Also clipped down some scrap for abs paste. Then decided to put together my bra hooks and straps for the shin closure. I'm also working out how to get the rear cover strip flush.13ff5f0d95cd170b2b466d4d377eda5b.jpg1c89c19c42b04861a74f3c5bfe108264.jpg4f8f38c102a28ccf2faa33bac5fb0355.jpg6830b63b52bd6e78a5d93ff06fd97cca.jpg1d5645749fd974be83a48bde5d7a4c2e.jpgeee7666484c258d90919a38bd6a3d01f.jpg

Nice work on the build! Looks like your armor will be completely screen accurate. I’m thinking about going the easy route on the calves and using velcro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice work on the build! Looks like your armor will be completely screen accurate. I’m thinking about going the easy route on the calves and using velcro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks D'Angelo, I'm rooting for centurion and hopefully I make that though bra hooks and brackets aren't required for it. Just challenging myself to do it.

• Like 1

Picked up some ca glue and started the repair work on the thigh. Have some abs paste started and hopefully will get them done this coming week/weekend.9cdf175e5236f60ae833f535f189a8d1.jpg73c82743b7bd8ae9789855f7a9f24684.jpg

• Like 1

So first layer of paste is on. I think I may need a couple of more before I'm sure its good and well sealed and covered. What is a good grit sandpaper for the sanding? I have some either 400 or 600 wet/dry that's probably working more like a 1000 or more.

So first layer of paste is on. I think I may need a couple of more before I'm sure its good and well sealed and covered. What is a good grit sandpaper for the sanding? I have some either 400 or 600 wet/dry that's probably working more like a 1000 or more.

Forgot the pics.4f3cda5c7fcc158254c1015175940214.jpgaede3adba7d9e9031e7b9db5c88d300b.jpg

• Like 1

Second coat I think perhaps one more for the bottom and it be good. So how long should I let it set before sanding?1913e41f6b15ed0c23118b4d55c68504.jpgf5d4dfd8d27c56d68ad4ab25433f67cc.jpg

• Like 1

Doesn't look like you have too much excess, so you may not need to use a very coarse grit, but 400-600 may take a little while. Use what you think is necessary and go up as you get closer to being done. Polish with some Novus after to give it that shin back.

• Like 1

So after two coats on the top, three on the bottom and setting over night I gave it a quick once over sanding with some 60 grit, then 100, 220, 600 and a well used piece of 600 I think it may be ready for a polish.9b911ff170fba38e462f945ba5ac4bfa.jpgbb2e87029c0a51a3f8a9affa6214dc65.jpgc2f8f8fb316ca30c43f9603a99d39e3e.jpg

Coming along wonderfully, Rat!   Keep up the good work!
Thanks Tim.
I was just getting to my drill holes for my bra straps, but don't recall seeing a measurement for them. Are they just evenly spread down the calves and is there a specific measurement from the edge?