Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

Awesome, look at you :jc_doublethumbup:
Thanks Tony I finally found a strip of flat steel that worked out great for that.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where the radius of the curve is come down a little from that. From the center of radius if you get it. About 1/4" or so and start taper evenly from there to edge. Two things will happen. When you heat and bend them a thinner return edge is less prone to splitting or worse going wobble and comfort on shoulder of no return edge digging in. The taper isnt noticed with the shoulderstrap overlapping. Hope you get my point.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

So looking at starting this do I want any of the return edge left at the end?

So looking at starting this do I want any of the return edge left at the end?

At the top taper to just barely one and soften the edge so it dont dig in.

At the top taper to just barely one and soften the edge so it dont dig in.

Like this?76334d578965a84d3e741c58d27dc8b1.jpg

Yes. Exactly! When you heat and bend to straighten. Keep an eye on that edge when bending. You dont want it to crack.

• Like 1

Awesome! I think I may need to nudge it back just a bit further, but now I see what I'm going for. Thanks.

2 hours ago, magni said:

Yes. Exactly! When you heat and bend to straighten. Keep an eye on that edge when bending. You dont want it to crack.

That or trim the majority of it off to avowing accidental cracking ;)

• Like 1

So did a bit of clean up on the frown and eyes and repainted the frown.038e0c4b6bf09c0fcbf5a761e9462c5d.jpgec8eae8769f99e3e843b65e4b0906718.jpg

• Like 3

Still working out the best way to permanently mount my lenses but for now the "tape" that was holding the frown mesh in is working.

So I got the heat gun out and did some reshaping of the back shoulder straps? Wings? You folks know what I'm talking about. The fit is better and they don't bite as much now. However the chest still feels like it is riding high and the seems to be a lot of left over space in the chest. Also got the right shin retrimmed and cover strip is gluing now. I also got the thigh ammo pack drilled and soft mounted it's a bit late for the hammering to finish it off tonight.d45f205601b2b5a6a4c35e704698e1a6.jpg96dfc9ee66f4a02d57a2927de0fa83b0.jpg3a89c9465b7ba2c11d8c3526c3cae44b.jpg822c951749399af485bdcb696038f6b6.jpg

• Like 1

Rat,  I had the same issue with the chest riding too high.  I was caused by the brackets and elastics.  I ended up swapping out for some straps with adjustable buckles.  This will allow you to lower the chest.

24858821589_c1a997bcea_c.jpg

Edited by daryldoak
  • Like 1

Rat,  I had the same issue with the chest riding too high.  I was caused by the brackets and elastics.  I ended up swapping out for some straps with adjustable buckles.  This will allow you to lower the chest.

24858821589_c1a997bcea_c.jpg
Great idea Daryl. How low should the chest set on the ab? I've never noticed any comment on this.

14 minutes ago, Rat said:

Great idea Daryl. How low should the chest set on the ab? I've never noticed any comment on this.

Good question Rat, and one that I pondered when I was doing my strapping.  The community can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we are well into the area that is variable so as to accommodate troopers of different heights.  This zone is adjusted to comfort so that the chest plate and ab/cod can span the height of the trooper.  I do not think there are any set rules....as long as your chest plate still overlaps the ab plate and that the armor is comfortable to wear in the torso.  my 2 cents ;)

• Like 3

Good question Rat, and one that I pondered when I was doing my strapping.  The community can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we are well into the area that is variable so as to accommodate troopers of different heights.  This zone is adjusted to comfort so that the chest plate and ab/cod can span the height of the trooper.  I do not think there are any set rules....as long as your chest plate still overlaps the ab plate and that the armor is comfortable to wear in the torso.  my 2 cents
Thanks I had sort of guessed that was all there was to it, but not seeing anything about it and getting to this point I was beginning to wonder if there wasn't one that I had missed somewhere.

50 minutes ago, GilFran007 said:

Good question Rat, and one that I pondered when I was doing my strapping.  The community can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we are well into the area that is variable so as to accommodate troopers of different heights.  This zone is adjusted to comfort so that the chest plate and ab/cod can span the height of the trooper.  I do not think there are any set rules....as long as your chest plate still overlaps the ab plate and that the armor is comfortable to wear in the torso.  my 2 cents ;)

Your are correct my good sir. So long as the chest is over the Ab but not covering the first level of buttons below you're golden.

• Like 2

Your are correct my good sir. So long as the chest is over the Ab but not covering the first level of buttons below you're golden.

Unless you're a short rebel imposter. LOL!

Yeah I'm just finding it odd having this issue with my height being near to 5'10".

I may need to look at my elastic on my brackets. I've also contemplated just straightening the chest straps a bit. I also think I'll straighten the back a bit more.