Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

6 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Getting closer:duim: looking forward to it:salute:

Yes and I'm looking forward to finally being done and getting out there.

• Like 1

Well didn't think to grab pictures as I was trying to readjust the straps. I went ahead and set them with four on the chest. I also realized that I almost forgot my snaps for the shoulder bells so got those sewn on. Tomorrow I think I'll tackle the shin straps and possibly painting.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Read through this whole thread Rat, and I am a bit behind you in my build (allthough I started before). Great to see where others meet challanges, and be aware of them. 

I am about 6'2" or 189cm as I would say, being European and all, and i am about 100kg, wich is about 220lbs i think. 

My experiance is that I am right in the hight limit for this armor, and my challange has been making the cuts without cutting to much off, coz i need every inch or i would have to add. 

I have done the forearms, biceps and shins, and are now ready to glue the thighs. Every part is just enough, allthough I am unsure about the right shin - it fits, i can close it - but its very tight. For my chest i will have to maximize every part so that it reaches all the way down. Hopefully it will. Like you, I just caht wait to get out there and have it done. I am not much of a builder, though I am sure once it is done - I will be very proud of myself for having done it, and i will know every inch of my armor. 

I am really impressed with how you have worked throug every part and cant wait to see you finished. It will be a great motivation for myself.

Just wanted to say that - I am cheering for ya'!

Greetings from

TK-Unknown

Edited by Uxorious
  • Like 3

Read through this whole thread Rat, and I am a bit behind you in my build (allthough I started before). Great to see where others meet challanges, and be aware of them. 
I am about 6'2" or 189cm as I would say, being European and all, and i am about 100kg, wich is about 220lbs i think. 
My experiance is that I am right in the hight limit for this armor, and my challange has been making the cuts without cutting to much off, coz i need every inch or i would have to add. 
I have done the forearms, biceps and shins, and are now ready to glue the thighs. Every part is just enough, allthough I am unsure about the right shin - it fits, i can close it - but its very tight. For my chest i will have to maximize every part so that it reaches all the way down. Hopefully it will. Like you, I just caht wait to get out there and have it done. I am not much of a builder, though I am sure once it is done - I will be very proud of myself for having done it, and i will know every inch of my armor. 

I am really impressed with how you have worked throug every part and cant wait to see you finished. It will be a great motivation for myself.

Just wanted to say that - I am cheering for ya'!

Greetings from
TK-Unknown
Thanks, yeah I trimmed very little off most of it mostly the arms, biceps and forearms. Everything else is just to the anovos lines. Hopefully my build will help you further along in your build. We learn through others mistakes as well as our own. Look up ukwraiths build for this kit or look up tk1636 on YouTube both have been helpful for me.

Good luck on your your build as well you can never research enough.

Cheers mate.

• Like 3

Shoulder straps readjusted and I believe that is the torso section complete. I was going to do the shin closures, but will have to wait a little as I have graduation number two this evening.984470d22f4ef9571b6c427aafd4dc35.jpgfdfb0aacb5cce57b7c71a26946cc4212.jpg3bf07b25ea966e05cd9de3dd660015f3.jpg4f1fb8741ff8dcc4e4c8268cfe5e2e66.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

Very nice :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Tony. 

Still a little nervous about doing the shin elastic. I want to do E-6000, but I feel like I should use ca glue. I'm just not sure how to place the straps.

E6000 is a little more forgiving, especially if you need to move to a different spot ;) 

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

E6000 is a little more forgiving, especially if you need to move to a different spot ;) 

Yeah that's what I'm concerned about. Even after watching videos and reading threads I'm just not sure of the spacing on the elastic. Between the hook and where it is glued and how much should be free to stretch.:huh:

Really it's a little trial and error with width of the elastic, how much it stretches and how much force is needed to keep them closed, BUT at least with E6000 you can just pull them off if they are wrong ;) 

Here's a few references for spacing and a couple from others builds.

REF_LFL_Caleb_ANHlowerrightlegrear.jpg

gallery_12157_15_27566.jpg 

P1010138.jpg

P1010144.jpg

DSCF2038.jpg

• Like 1

Really it's a little trial and error with width of the elastic, how much it stretches and how much force is needed to keep them closed, BUT at least with E6000 you can just pull them off if they are wrong  

Here's a few references for spacing and a couple from others builds.

REF_LFL_Caleb_ANHlowerrightlegrear.jpg

gallery_12157_15_27566.jpg 

P1010138.jpg

P1010144.jpg

DSCF2038.jpg
Yeah I keep thinking I need to trim a little more from my right shin before I drill for those. Spacing I've already gotten on my left, but I'm pretty sure this is my right and that I need to take a bit more.7177022424098ef04e26833b351d47fe.jpg

Got the elastic ties on and finishing off my neck seal. Checking over my belt again and realized that the velcro as applied by anovos was way off so I will need to remove and replace it. I was only getting about a 1/2" or 1cm of grip from it.

So the first picture is where the velcro was placed by Anovos. The second and third is where I moved it to, the opposite end of where it was, and then added a couple of left over bits from my neck seal added to get a good grip.85d9aece35d37e5d5ebca6ca7910e726.jpgb4fa828a19b0e906c5a766e02aa3d35d.jpg811a838340e68b7ec98d3fccc5e2c00b.jpg

Left shin done, but I may need to reposition or remake the straps not sure yet. I also trimmed down the return edge a bit more on the thighs and left shin since they were out for gluing.d8b25fc5bb94c0aa392253d66a08f6a6.jpgac47862aaa50971a8e490563930661dc.jpg764d8fe1b9c59e60bfc881c82110f176.jpg

I do believe I am finished minus a couple of little things and paint I'm pretty sure I'm complete. Pictures to come.

Adding to Daniel's suggestion the drop boxes should reside under the ammo belt. Hard to tell much with the photos being blurry but looking good Rat

• Like 1

Looks great:duim: the straps on the holster should be on the inside of the belt though - easy fix:salute:
Yes that was me just not thinking iabout it when I put it back together.

Adding to Daniel's suggestion the drop boxes should reside under the ammo belt. Hard to tell much with the photos being blurry but looking good Rat
Didn't realize it but it does seem the drop boxes had slipped under the belt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat said:

Didn't realize it but it does seem the drop boxes had slipped under the belt.

Easy fix ;)

• Like 1

That it is. Getting the minor little fixes and paint and I'll be ready for submission photos. I should throw these up over on the pre-approval thread or is it still too early for that?

47 minutes ago, Rat said:

That it is. Getting the minor little fixes and paint and I'll be ready for submission photos. I should throw these up over on the pre-approval thread or is it still too early for that?

I’d wait to post on pre-approval until you can get some hi-res head-to-toe photos taken. 

• Like 1

I’d wait to post on pre-approval until you can get some hi-res head-to-toe photos taken. 
Yeah I need to get the paint done and finish off my neck seal. Then I do need to get some decent photos, the ones here I did myself so not the best.