Reaper's ANH -Stunt- build, ATA (Hopefully to centurion level)

REAPERofDAISYS

The top of the ammo belt should reside at the lowest Ab buttons.

You were absolutely right my belt was too low.
894947f20d3c85616810acee9129c8bb.jpg
Added the lower snaps and here where it is now. I think it’s high enough according the the CRL which says at or just below. IMO this counts as just below. But correct me if I’m wrong.
b2163f5c6b4fb07699de3076bee80418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Finally seeing it all come together. So now the fine tuning is key.
I need to tighten both shoulders about the same amount.
ef1ccc2d5f12cee8a2e77fa6a0e989ca.jpg
I think I will try to tighten about to this point. Maybe just a couple mm less.
bcf0f126a085e20a3962fff00386bf17.jpg
Then I have this shot where I have 3 concerns.
0271d4ddc3c98534167789a46bf32c36.jpg
(In blue) how bad is this gap? I don’t think I can get EIB or centurion with it so I’ll have to figure something out.
(In Yellow) does the belt need to be curved more so it lies more flush with the canvas belt?
(In green) I don’t think this is a problem but might as well check. The Velcro is just barely to long and sticks out a few mm, but not really past the TD.

Blue - Too much, either tighten or ditch the elastic and use nylon webbing.

Yellow - No, it's perfectly acceptable the way it is.

Green - Optimum would be covered but it's fine the way it is also.  

? Now that you have everything on how's the ammo belt to Ab button gap?

• Like 1

Blue - Too much, either tighten or ditch the elastic and use nylon webbing.
Yellow - No, it's perfectly acceptable the way it is.
Green - Optimum would be covered but it's fine the way it is also.  

? Now that you have everything on how's the ammo belt to Ab button gap?

Blue- I will try the nylon and see if that fixes it.
Green- I may try to undo some the the sewing and cut the Velcro shorter. But that seems like a lot of work for so little. Maybe another day when I’m feeling ambitious.

Here is where it is sitting now. I added snaps below the ones I had to bring it up.
6dfc697343c6b59033533a9216aaa535.jpg

• Like 3

Started painting the boots. First thing I did was to wipe them down with acetone to remove and polish so the paint can adhere better.
It’s kind of hard to tell but one boot is shinier than the other.
0ac74833cda2e20908feab26b2a08355.jpg
This is one coat applied.
e07418ed502c2ba0374c0a0e4ab26219.jpg

• Like 3

Here is coat number 3
2beee1e5a8ad08aba57d91aeba0b26b6.jpg
And the 4th
b00a210589afe2dd6bb0dcadfce46267.jpg
I’m trying to make sure I apply the paint in different directions with each coat, that way I am getting maximum coverage.
Probably going to need at least 2 more coats.

• Like 4

I used the same paint on a pair of boots recently.  I think I applied more than 5 thin coats and I was still getting uneven coverage.  It was making me insane. 

I finally picked up some 2 Thin Acrylic Thinner so I could use the stuff in my airbrush.  What a difference!  

First pic: 5 coats by hand- patchy, uneven (gah!).  Second pic: Two coats of airbrushing (perfection!  and yes, I should have taped off the soles...).

43314918825_b171bcf35c.jpg43502929034_0794ed04c1.jpg

So if you have access to an airbrush (or a friend nearby who has one), airbrushing will do the trick nicely for you in short order.

• Like 1

So if you have access to an airbrush (or a friend nearby who has one), airbrushing will do the trick nicely for you in short order.
unfortunately I don’t.
I think a few more coats will be enough. If not I may have to find a cheap airbrush to get it done.

I think I am finally done with painting the boots. It took somewhere between 7-9 layers. I lost count at some point.
9f504bcb286ffd46e75c34820c806974.jpg
After how much effort this took I did decide to get some clear protective coating for this. I’ll be going with the same brand Angelus for that. Just to avoid any issues.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, REAPERofDAISYS said:

I think I am finally done with painting the boots. It took somewhere between 7-9 layers. I lost count at some point.
9f504bcb286ffd46e75c34820c806974.jpg
After how much effort this took I did decide to get some clear protective coating for this. I’ll be going with the same brand Angelus for that. Just to avoid any issues.

Sweet pumped up kicks!  Love the paint job!

• 1 month later...

So I’m basically done with the armor. I’m just waiting for the available funds to buy a neck seal and holster.
Other small things to finish.
1. Need to glue my silicone hand guards to my gloves.
2. Add the elastic to hold the shoulder straps.
3. Add Velcro to the boots and shins to keep them in place while moving around.
cada75c30d454a12088b06a710de032a.jpgif you see anything I should fix or adjust please let me know.
f5e0ad83734e24e28a6946321a930458.jpgcant decide if this gap in the back will be a problem for approval or not?
db3fcd4280584c7faa6ef90df4a03538.jpgoverall happy with how the sides have turned out.
e544ffe4dbe505378e93e9435cb86d90.jpgand I also need to paint the snaps.
77f0319e2bab5ce4955bffe1c6c35c05.jpgpretty sure the ab buttons are in the right place.
e4dadd20c87dc9108980ba129cbc1e29.jpgand I did get my E-11, it’s from RSpropmaster. Bought off another 501st member.

Sides came out really well, nice work.

Gap between the backplate should be ok for basic approval, something you may need to address at higher levels.

On the rear photo your left shoulder strap could do to be brought down closer to the armor.

Hopefully you will be joining the ranks very soon.

Yeah the back plate is has given me no small amount of issues.
I haven’t put the white elastic on the shoulder straps so that should fix that issue.

I have also had some difficulties with the ATA backplate kidney gap. I found I had to shorten the straps holding the back plate to the kidney a little( to keep the gap small), and lengthen the shoulder straps a little to allow the back plate to angle out at the top so the return edges can meet up better.
It’s been a trial and error process, as too short a strap between back plate and kidney and the return edges want to overlap at the sides. And too long of shoulder straps will allow the shoulder bells to sag off the arm, and the whole armor to hang too low in the crotch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still not 100% done. But I couldn’t resist the opportunity to don the suit for trunk or treat.
Was an experience trying to get ready all the armor on, luckily my wife was able to help with some of the hard to reach parts.
Definitely learned how hard it is to see! Couldn’t tell at almost any time where my daughter was. Stepped on her once or twice.

Overall it was a fun learning experience. Pretty sure I had the thighs too high and they clipped the butt while walking. Also a good chance I clonked a kid with my weapon, honestly don’t know cause I couldn’t tell what or who bumped into me.

My daughter of course had to wear her trooper suit as well. Unfortunately no helmet but she wasn’t in the mood for it.
I had to switch the weapon around for the picture, I again couldn’t see where my daughter was and I was unintentionally pointing it right at her.

77f6efb8123d8fa219a3828df7713d0e.jpg

• Like 2