Reaper's ANH -Stunt- build, ATA (Hopefully to centurion level)

REAPERofDAISYS

I second what Dan said

Straight from the CRL for Centurion: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Set that OCD loose and get cracking:duim:

Hiya.

Tightening the loose one would look best. Gets them touching the ammo belt. :-)

Easy fix. Just undid the sewing and shortened about 5mm.
5c88a4681fffd0eb4ce469e5409f7803.jpg
So my next plan with the shins (always problems with these) I want to cut the top out.
Also for the bottom edge. Should I cut it straight across or a small curve?
57618c7df98beee160b235c5d8330380.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, REAPERofDAISYS said:

Easy fix. Just undid the sewing and shortened about 5mm.
5c88a4681fffd0eb4ce469e5409f7803.jpg
So my next plan with the shins (always problems with these) I want to cut the top out.
Also for the bottom edge. Should I cut it straight across or a small curve?
57618c7df98beee160b235c5d8330380.jpg

Do you need to cut the top out? 

Bottom I'd go green line

+1 for not scooping the calves unless you have mobility issues.

Sounds like a plan. ABS paste it is. I’m really not getting any better at using this stuff.
1248e1d74a2278cfb947b41f6da25c64.jpg
So my next issue is since I won’t be cutting the swoop out of the shins. I don’t know what do do with this spot?
8d100570423eb9f8dfcd1ade2fd1f633.jpg
The other side doesn’t bump out like that so it’s just a simple crack to fill with ABS paste just like the first picture. My plan is to just ABS paste it and transition it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back at it after a week away.

I would ad a tiny piece of abs and then paste it

Then that is what I’ll do.
Now I just need to ABS paste this into oblivion.
6c11aa9819603ad503b94d9c36ded3e0.jpg
Another point of concern. Will this discoloration in the ABS paste affect approval? I made the mistake of sanding without taking the tape all off and some of the tape color seems to have absorbed into the paste. It’s not super noticeable but I still am beating myself up over it.
0db0231949a0dbdd3bf49cc21ac3630c.jpg

• Like 1

You’ll probably be fine but take a pic from a few feet away and let’s have another look

Here’s another shot. Ignore the messy ABS paste on the other side. The main reason it seems noticeable to me is because it’s all along the same line so it seems to pop more.
2a0ef494ce5772d893fae7c60184d37a.jpg
And I finally got my belt attached. Pretty happy with the position.
175674e7a3cd8578119cac073bcab821.jpg

5 minutes ago, REAPERofDAISYS said:

Here’s another shot. Ignore the messy ABS paste on the other side. The main reason it seems noticeable to me is because it’s all along the same line so it seems to pop more.

It`s still very close up and now hardly noticable so I can`t see this beeing an issue:duim: and if you encounter problems you can always say it`s weathering as that is allowed, very subtle weathering but still allowedB) 

Great job on the belt:salute:

It`s still very close up and now hardly noticable so I can`t see this beeing an issue:duim: and if you encounter problems you can always say it`s weathering as that is allowed, very subtle weathering but still allowedB) 

Great job on the belt:salute:

Got to love accidental weathering.
That actually does bring up something I was wondering. How much weathering is allowed while still being approved for a standard ANH TK?

Got to love accidental weathering.
That actually does bring up something I was wondering. How much weathering is allowed while still being approved for a standard ANH TK?

Great work so far with the shims.

Regarding weathering, check out @T-jay’s ANH build. He cleared Centurion with some beautiful weathering. Personally, this is one of my favourite ever builds as it looks like the reference gallery photos! Just like a trooper has walked off of the set.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43516-tk-61276-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-tm-361/

Reaper, what grain of sandpaper did I use to sand the abs paste ?

I’ve used 220 when I’m getting aggressive.
Bump down to 400 for finer. None of the sanding so far is done. So it’s all work in progress.
Once I’m happy I will be using up to 1500-2000 to smooth it out.

Great work so far with the shims.

Regarding weathering, check out @T-jay’s ANH build. He cleared Centurion with some beautiful weathering. Personally, this is one of my favourite ever builds as it looks like the reference gallery photos! Just like a trooper has walked off of the set.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43516-tk-61276-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-tm-361/

That is really nice! Honestly that’s pretty close to what I would like to do. Who wants pristine battle armor?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, REAPERofDAISYS said:

And I finally got my belt attached. Pretty happy with the position.

Looking good John. Note, the top of the ammo belt should reside at the lowest Ab buttons. Here's a couple reference photos

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpggallery_14191_18_314894-crop-crop7.jpg

Looking good John. Note, the top of the ammo belt should reside at the lowest Ab buttons. Here's a couple reference photos

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpggallery_14191_18_314894-crop-crop7.jpg

Ah. Looks like I will be adding another snap to the belt, bellow the ones I just put in.
I’m finally trying to glue the ab buttons again. The first time I couldn’t get it to hold down well enough and had to remove it.
So here is my “creative” solution?
0c751b1788bc46bf8c9f419b7057b3e1.jpg
See if this works. Basically used everything besides the kitchen sink.

• Like 1

Finally made the step I have been avoiding today. Glued the cover strip on the back of the shins! It is now just a matter of if it all comes together like it should.
I plan to use industrial strength white Velcro on the cover strip to hold it together. If that doesn’t work I may have to go with hooks or jimmy up something.
a78a75952afdbaae48854dd0853a8563.jpg
Other small stuff. I went to add the snap on the ab.
6fbd6a8d3bc2646128627d5400cfadcf.jpg
Unfortunately I already had a snap on the opposite side in use.
2a68c17b5f8d7fd318b1c254af1c8f36.jpg
Easy fix, I just cut off the tip with some pliers. Then I smashed it down flush with a hammer. Finally put it into the snap setting base and hit it a few more time to level it out.
30ff1226643fcddbb4ab45161c5283e4.jpg
Little dab of E6000 and boom.
0b58ac47fd0c7f54cc89d45703db05c0.jpg
Another thing. Added some scrap ABS to the top of the snaps in the shoulder to prevent them from pulling out. One already did but I’m hoping this fixes it.
a099f48d81d3237646c95b292873e727.jpg
If not I can always make new ones.

• Like 1

Ah. Looks like I will be adding another snap to the belt, bellow the ones I just put in.
I’m finally trying to glue the ab buttons again. The first time I couldn’t get it to hold down well enough and had to remove it.
So here is my “creative” solution?
0c751b1788bc46bf8c9f419b7057b3e1.jpg
See if this works. Basically used everything besides the kitchen sink.

I used like 16 magnets....