Jimmiraquois First Order Stormtrooper Build

That happened to me with my concept armor. Only thing that I was able to do is wait a week for the paint to fully cure before I put on another coat.

Others may have a better idea on what to do. My guess is that the temp needs to be in the 70s as well.

• Like 1

I would have said that it looks like some loose fiberglass that comes up after paint dries the first time (just resand) but as i know you already have sanded and primed and painted this, must be something different. I have those parts painted as well and have not observed this.

The wrinkling is probably caused by too heavy a coat of spray versus the temperature/conditions while painting. 

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me. Had to wait a day and wet sand it down again.  Used the same can.  I figured it was the humidity(south florida) or heavy spray.  Repainted last night and all is well again.

I got my holster and greeblies in the mail today.  They look good! (again, if you are interested in this holster or the clips, just PM me and I'll give you the guys contact info)

Saving the Legs for last.  Still gotta trim the inner calf armor and install the holster.

Got a lot of painting done though.

20160502_151405_zpsqou9b65e.jpg

20160508_141004_zps4q9bhw1q.jpg

couple shnibbles of debris on the holster... that should come right off   :duim:

Forearm painting done!

I applied the decals from trooperbay today.  after checking the CRL and about 50 different images, i'm happy with the placement.

20160508_135630_zpsfil8nktx.jpg

you can see the spot i missed sanding on the forearm box... oh well.  too late now.  Unfortunately, you really cant see all the imperfections until paint is laid down.  The flaws are so tiny that it wont matter once everything is put together... IMO.

There's always gonna be some armor nazi out there who's ready to go over your stuff with a magnifying glass  :blink:

20160508_130804_zpsbo93kk9u.jpg

20160503_232306_zpsafcvqwl0.jpg

back and yolk painted.... matches up perfectly!!!   B)

20160505_234137_zpshvg4dgux.jpg

• Like 4

Paint looks great! I'm at the same stage I know what you mean about seeing the imperfections only after a coat of paint. Last week has been a constant -paint-see imperfection-sand-paint again pattern. I'm finally down to my last piece.

• Like 1

EMS shipping (the fast one) was 309$ I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Ok... I was skeptical. Nice to have that confirmed. Not like you're spending five bucks only.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've noticed the biceps rub against the chest plate (a lot) and it's hard to keep my arms straight at my sides. Hopefully this will get better with everything strapped in place.

Also, I need to connect the chest to the back piece (under my armpit) somehow. I'm thinking a shim underneath with velcro. I've seen a girl with the phasma armor just glue the chest and the back permanently together... but she must've had a tiny head or something. Right now my chest plate is staying on with a combination of magnets and velcro. I still need something more to secure it. My big issue is having the bottom of the shoulders slide out from behind the chest piece. Lots of brainstorming to do over the next week. I'll keep you guys posted. Also... I gotta work on gaskets, cuz if you get Jim's, they are very baggy/loose right out of the box and need to be altered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 1