Jimmiraquois First Order Stormtrooper Build

so I've been following your thread and jimmiroquai's....would you say worth the investment thus far? :)

so far.... yes!  

This kit saves you A LOT of time on assembly and the flexible fiberglass material is great!  

Once i start strapping it all together, i'll have more of an idea of how it sits on me and what i like and dont like and what needs to be modified.

Also, I've been hearing that ANOVOS will be charging somewhere around $1500 for their kit once it gets released.

i was snooping around their FB page and noticed one of their responses about when it will be available....

Pre-Orders will probably start in a month or two, but they stated that it could take up to a year for delivery.

If you're anxious to get a FO kit now....

Jim's is the way to go IMO

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 1

Pics are back up.... note to self:  do not move images on photobucket into a new folder while they are posted on here.   :P

Plasti-Dipping with the spray can tonight.  Starting off with the hand guards, cuz they are extremely fragile!!! and definitely need a bit of reinforcement.

I changed my mind about plasti-dipping ALL the armor pieces.  I think with the rubber on some pieces like the thighs and forearms, it may stick to the undersuit, thus eventually pulling the rubber off.

I will be spraying the inside of the shoulder bells, the chest plate, and the back/yolk, because all these pieces of armor will be rubbing on other parts.  I'm hoping the rubber coating will help the paint from not being scratched off.  i may add soft side black velcro for added protection. 

so far.... yes!  

This kit saves you A LOT of time on assembly and the flexible fiberglass material is great!  

Once i start strapping it all together, i'll have more of an idea of how it sits on me and what i like and dont like and what needs to be modified.

Also, I've been hearing that ANOVOS will be charging somewhere around $1500 for their kit once it gets released.

i was snooping around their FB page and noticed one of their responses about when it will be available....

Pre-Orders will probably start in a month or two, but they stated that it could take up to a year for delivery.

If you're anxious to get a FO kit now....

Jim's is the way to go IMO

yeah i heard the same thing about pre-orders starting soon....ugh, $1500...not sure if i wanna spend that much...arguably i've invested over a grand into my ANOVOS kit, but that was starting from $350 lol.  I've been reading other reviews of his armor and looking at pics...it looks amazing, and his price is def much more affordable, i'd be opting for the $780 option as I have an FO bucket by ANOVOS.  and yeah, idk if I wanna wait another year for my suit lol, waited 9 months for ANOVOS, then took a month to build it...btw, i saw some of your posts in the fbook group, haven't met you yet but we're in the same garrison!

yeah i heard the same thing about pre-orders starting soon....ugh, $1500...not sure if i wanna spend that much...arguably i've invested over a grand into my ANOVOS kit, but that was starting from $350 lol.  I've been reading other reviews of his armor and looking at pics...it looks amazing, and his price is def much more affordable, i'd be opting for the $780 option as I have an FO bucket by ANOVOS.  and yeah, idk if I wanna wait another year for my suit lol, waited 9 months for ANOVOS, then took a month to build it...btw, i saw some of your posts in the fbook group, haven't met you yet but we're in the same garrison!

shoot me a friend request  :duim:

Midwest Garrison REPRESENT!  lol

• Like 1

Also please note that the preorder of the ANOVOS ensemble is listed as "premier", so expect to be charged premium for that.

Wow, that's not gonna be cheap! I wonder if it's just the "complete ensemble" option only at first. Do they even sell premier kits?.... that's gonna be like $3,500 at least! Happy I bought Jim's armor!

And of anyone else is on the fence about this armor, just a reminder, it is a limited run, and the waiting list is long, but moving relatively quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Ok... Paint...

Since i already have an ANOVOS standard line helmet, my goal was to find a rattle can of spray paint that would match the color of the helmet and also be flexible enough for this armor.

I'm starting with the hand guards, as its a small surface area and i have still have yet to start strapping the other armor.

First off, I got this primer to fill in any imperfections in the mold (sand down as smooth as you can before priming, obviously)

2 coats of Rustoleum filler primer

20160420_110155_zpstuyq6sam.jpg

next, lay the gloss white:

I ended up getting this stuff (instead of the Rustoleum 2X painters touch gloss white) because a friend told me he used the 2X and he's starting to see spider-webbing in high stress areas

20160420_115602_zpsfx61q2tf.jpg

received_10154136372607733_zpsahlfw1q6.j

Note where it says "ultimate flexibility".  only time will tell how this holds up though

I sprayed some scrap ABS from my Anovos OT TK with this paint for comparing to the bucket

20160420_112747_zpshu5rylff.jpg

20160420_113818_zpsrligvsqn.jpg

I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

20160420_131016_zpsbholisbg.jpg

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 2

I also decided to purchase a different holster from the one that is provided by Jim.

If you are interested in getting one, PM me and i'll send you his contact info.

these are 3D printed, sanded, primed and painted with metal parts (screws included)

received_10154122510729469_zps6h6ihw0m.j

received_10154116930649469_zpsimjdvjfu.j

• Like 2

Is it just a preference or does your f-11 not fit with Jim's holster? A blaster is last on my list now and I want to make sure I don't have to pry this holster out later. ✌️

The decision to get different holster was just personal preference.  I just thought the new one i got looked nicer/cleaner

here is a pic of jims holster:

20160420_220234_zpsf9kwqnmf.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, I'm back.

I got a lot accomplished over the weekend as far as strapping goes.

Shout-out to TK 265 for all the help!

first off i made about 30 snap plates (each at 1X1.5")

20160422_161012_zpsnkfsccny.jpg

Next, placement, with some serious adhesive and accelerator.

Butt Plate

20160422_171758_zpsoo7xjdhm.jpg

Cod Piece  (notice the glue in the pic. This stuff is potent)

20160422_171934_zpsc0mslwrw.jpg

Abdomen part 1 (front)

20160422_173830_zps8mguicog.jpg

Abdomen Part 2 (back)

20160422_171803_zpshxc1pwti.jpg

Shoulder Bells and Yolk

20160423_230244_zps46y3mbp8.jpg

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 2

The harness was custom made by TK 265 specifically for me.  I dont think i could replicate it if i tried.  it's a combination of elastic and nylon webbing.

harness%20layout_zpswuho08nq.jpg

20160427_135629_zpsx8x8wlps.jpg

20160427_135957_zpsrrijf28k.jpg

WHY SO SERIOUS!?!?

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 1

Watching with great interest Evin....Just been told by Jim that my kit/helmet is ready for shipping. Can't wait to start this build.

Have you treated or sealed inside the armor pieces as they looks very shiny or is that how the kit comes?

Edited by TK3645

Strapping cont..

I ended up just gluing the nylon webbing straight to the ab.  You want the cod piece to sit flush with the ab.  The belt will go over the cod, there is not groove for the belt (on the front of the cod piece), like on the anovos mold.

20160422_180438_zpsdqlt4jfc.jpg

For connecting the ab opening together i decided to do snaps.  Clearly, i will need help to get in and out of this armor.

The middle elastic piece is a quarter of an inch shorter than the top and bottom ones... i will adjust later so they will all be the same as the middle strap.

also, note the straps to the buttplate.

The thermal detonator will cover the 1.75" gap on the back as well.

20160427_135504_zpsohdt4gan.jpg

Edited by steamboatphan

Painting the chest plate: 

I ended up doing about 3 coats of paint.  with the grey primer down, i wasn't able to get the bright white i needed after 2 coats - as seen in this photo:

20160425_115729_zpss5xz8lza.jpg

After another coat of paint, the color matched the Anovos bucket 99%

20160425_203704_zpsa1mw5rsz.jpg

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 1

Watching with great interest Evin....Just been told be Jim that my kit/helmet is ready for shipping. Can't wait to start this build.

Have you treated or sealed inside the armor pieces as they looks very shiny or is that how the kit comes?

all i did was give the inside of all the armor pieces a good sanding with 220 grit sandpaper...  some areas are shinier than others... those would be where Jim reinforced the weak spots of the armor.

• Like 1