Is this worth buying?

Still weighing the market, thanks for the input Carl. I'm probably going hyperfirm

He certainly must have an extra large cod piece to advertise that his are the "Most accurate anywhere".  The photos in the slideshow are of several different blasters, the sights are too far back, it looks like it was painted with a wire brush, and don't even get me started on that "spring".

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 3

The grip is wrong, it looks very square at the edges. Real Sterling grips are rounded and ergonomically correct. In fact I'm converting an airsoft gun and replacing the grip with a real one because the one it comes with looks almost exactly like the grip in that eBay add. Here's the airsoft gun I'm converting, fairly accurate aside from the grip; http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/beta-project-sterling-aeg.html#.VsU2QymKwy4

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

I've heard nothing but bad things about that seller and his attitude toward the FISD.

My experience was very good and I really like the end product.  I think he was nice and honest.  Regarding the FISD, he wasn't greeted in the most respectful manner by members of FISD on his introduction page so you might want to cut the guy some slack.  Lots of nay-saying, judgmental, know-it-alls around here.  The maker is a disabled retired vet and likes to make 3D printed stuff.  It's obvious it isn't the most accurate replica on the market BUT it is made in America and is easily customizable.  It was a fun build.  The spring is too thick and bolt cocking channel is too wide and low, for example.  But it can be fixed easier than getting an incomplete DD kit and hunting down a real Sterling or trying to pass off a Hasbro blaster as the real deal.  The hero kit, which I got, contains 100% of everything needed to make an E11.  The trigger pulls, the bolt charges, the safety switch works, the stock folds as it should and it comes with a stand.  Change a few things to get "screen accurate", whatever that means.

IMG_4316_zpsckucer36.jpg

• Like 3

He certainly must have an extra large cod piece to advertise that his are the "Most accurate anywhere".  The photos in the slideshow are of several different blasters, the sights are too far back, it looks like it was painted with a wire brush, and don't even get me started on that "spring".

You can change whatever you want.  It's called "customizing".  I added a window and scope decal.  The E11 Blaster Reference wasn't around when the kit was originally made.  Thankfully it is now so we can fix the kit to make it more acceptable to people on these boards.  I've seen plenty of positive comments for absolutely terrible looking blasters built from Home Depot parts.  From your comment I must assume people who buy Harbro or Disney blasters have extra small cod pieces?  Consider the motto "Troopers Helping Troopers", right?  This kit is a decent base to start from, better than a Rubies, IMO.

IMG_4362_zpsmcdmpczr.jpg

I've just finished my build of one of these E-11 kits. It is what it is. I like it, it was fun to build, (LOTS OF SANDING!), and functional. I appreciate his service to those wanting a decent blaster. 5ae30b7ec167fa398ca32145d122e441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt a lot of sanding!  But worth the effort.  I see that you followed the instructions as I did.  I was politely informed by others here that the scope was mounted too far back, which is an easy fix.  The rear scope leg should be in line with the stock hinge screws.  It balances the gun better.  You can also move the counter forward while still using the mounts on the rail where they are now.  Just cut and re-glue.  I had to shorten the wire coils because they are stiff but again, an easy fix.  The other item the maker has wrong is the counter "button", the part you would push to reset the numbers, is actually on the bottom, not the top as he instructed.  I cut the top part of the counter off, sanded and reglued and repainted.  I was trying for accuracy, as much as I could.  The maker's instructions and video have it wrong.  Picture below from the FISD ANH E11 Reference Thread.  Kids and most people would never know.  People can fault the product but a few tweaks here and there make it a whole lot better and accurate.   Yours looks sweet the way it is.  Nice job!

Capture_zpsphajuant.jpg

My experience was very good and I really like the end product.  I think he was nice and honest. 

You didn't try to give him corrective criticism and or return his "Most accurate blaster" though.

I simply offered a bit of blaster research and gave him the address to FISD and Vern's blaster website so he could pursue his ultimate goal.

Just trying to help the fella.

Edited by cjdesign

He certainly must have an extra large cod piece to advertise that his are the "Most accurate anywhere". The photos in the slideshow are of several different blasters, the sights are too far back, it looks like it was painted with a wire brush, and don't even get me started on that "spring".

Thought something was weird about the sights.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I call it false advertising and misleading...

• Like 1

You didn't try to give him corrective criticism and or return his "Most accurate blaster" though.

I simply offered a bit of blaster research and gave him the address to FISD and Vern's blaster website so he could pursue his ultimate goal.

Just trying to help the fella.

Bold statement for somebody with 8 posts and just joining the group.

Really? How would you know this?

I call it false advertising and misleading...

Wow.   Yes, I'm new here.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  Did I offend you somehow?  My apologies to you, then.  Because I am new here with, as you pointed out, only 8 posts to my credit (been reading the threads for years, btw), I trust Veteran FISD Members to guide me in the ways of trooping and I've learned a ton here.  But not everything here is positive or friendly so I stand by my comments.

To respond to your comments;

I looked carefully at the product before purchasing.  I did my homework.  I looked at the pictures on Ebay.  I was not surprised, therefore I did not feel the need to return the kit.  I knew what I was getting.  The seller emailed me to inquire how I liked the kit and if he could be of any help.  I thought that was good customer service.  At that time I passed on the comments from certain FISD threads about the inaccuracies.  He's moving onto other designs at the moment so another version probably isn't in the works.  However, I think most people here are creative enough to be able to modify the base model easily enough.  It's just plastic.  I mounted my scope too far back and had my counter upside down the first time.  Newbie mistake.  Some friendly advice here corrected me and I felt happy that people in the FISD encouraged me to make my blaster better.  We're all on the Dark Side together...unless your name is Finn.  Troopers helping troopers, right?

In regards to the E11 Blaster Reference not being around BEFORE the kits went on sale, the E11 Reference was posted July 6, 2015 and the blaster has been selling for over 12 months, so that's February 2015.  I bet if the reference had been available before the 3D plans were created, the kit would be much more accurate.  BTW, what kind of blaster do you use for trooping?  Doopy Do's?Is that the best kit to assemble?  I see lots of people here making them but it seems like you have to source a lot of parts or make parts.  I'm sure the blaster I have now wouldn't handle trooping for long, so it's going to stay on it's stand most of the time.  Any advice for a more durable one would benefit many of us newbies.  Much appreciated.  

Honestly, It seems you are only concerned with the blaster on ebay, since all of your posts pertain to this item... I guess you've been doing research for years under a different member name, because you joined on 23 Jan 2016? If this were true you should know which blaster models are available and the most popular?! This site has a wealth of information, so one again you'll need to do your homework research the matter on your own.

Edited by cjdesign

Honestly, It seems you are only concerned with the blaster on ebay, since all of your posts pertain to this item... I guess you've been doing research for years under a different member name, because you joined on 23 Jan 2016? If this were true you should know which blaster models are available and the most popular?! This site has a wealth of information, so one again you'll need to do your homework research the matter on your own.

I was asking your opinion in hopes you would contribute to a learning situation.  I know I'll need a different blaster to troop with.  I see you'd rather not be helpful so we'll just leave it at that and that's ok.  I'll keep researching on my own and you keep on doing whatever it is you do here.  Cheers!