Is this worth buying?

I was asking your opinion in hopes you would contribute to a learning situation. I know I'll need a different blaster to troop with. I see you'd rather not be helpful so we'll just leave it at that and that's ok. I'll keep researching on my own and you keep on doing whatever it is you do here. Cheers!

Hey there. I'd recommend the HFX Hyperfirm blaster. Slavefive (Lewis) makes these and they are very accurate, lightweight, and pretty awesome. He also does b-grade runs from time to time and they rock, too. At the end of the day, it's all good and blasters come in all shapes and sizes. My first was a cheap resin knock-off I picked up online. Then a Hasbro that I modded, still not too bad. Then I found Lewis's Hyperfirm blasters. They are wonderful and his service is top notch.

Hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

I was asking your opinion in hopes you would contribute to a learning situation.  I know I'll need a different blaster to troop with.  I see you'd rather not be helpful so we'll just leave it at that and that's ok.  I'll keep researching on my own and you keep on doing whatever it is you do here.  Cheers!

have fun on your journey!!

Edited by cjdesign

Hey there. I'd recommend the HFX Hyperfirm blaster. Slavefive (Lewis) makes these and they are very accurate, lightweight, and pretty awesome. He also does b-grade runs from time to time and they rock, too. At the end of the day, it's all good and blasters come in all shapes and sizes. My first was a cheap resin knock-off I picked up online. Then a Hasbro that I modded, still not too bad. Then I found Lewis's Hyperfirm blasters. They are wonderful and his service is top notch.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks!  That's exactly the kind of info and opinion I was looking for.  If I drop my resin blaster, it's busted for sure...how embarrassing!  If I'm not mistaken, Hyperfirms are solid rubber, right?  I was considering modding a Hasbro but really I don't want to invest the time.  Unbreakable is what I need with two young kids pretending to be Luke and Leia trying to get away from the stormtrooper all the time.  I'll contact Slavefive.  That'll be money well spent.  Thanks for the help!  Very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of info and opinion I was looking for. If I drop my resin blaster, it's busted for sure...how embarrassing! If I'm not mistaken, Hyperfirms are solid rubber, right? I was considering modding a Hasbro but really I don't want to invest the time. Unbreakable is what I need with two young kids pretending to be Luke and Leia trying to get away from the stormtrooper all the time. I'll contact Slavefive. That'll be money well spent. Thanks for the help! Very much appreciated.

Anytime! Yep, they are pretty darn near unbreakable. I have dropped mine on concrete, wood floors, and tile (by accident of course) and it's all good. Lewis is awesome too, he'll treat you right. Hit me up if you need any help. :)

This is most likely the deal to get in on. I did as well. I personally am still interested in the ebay one as a prop for the office and one to tinker with adding lights and sound to but for future trooping this seems to be the best value.<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35797-fs-hyperfirm-anh-e-11-b-grades-21916-batch/'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35797-fs-hyperfirm-anh-e-11-b-grades-21916-batch/</a>

Thanks!  That's exactly the kind of info and opinion I was looking for.  If I drop my resin blaster, it's busted for sure...how embarrassing!  If I'm not mistaken, Hyperfirms are solid rubber, right?  I was considering modding a Hasbro but really I don't want to invest the time.  Unbreakable is what I need with two young kids pretending to be Luke and Leia trying to get away from the stormtrooper all the time.  I'll contact Slavefive.  That'll be money well spent.  Thanks for the help!  Very much appreciated.

Lewis has an open thread right now on some cool blasters. Same link as posted above ^...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35797-fs-hyperfirm-anh-e-11-b-grades-21916-batch/

Edited by Griffin-X
  • Like 2

Those rubber rods are for sure good for trooping, but i wouldn´t want to have such a thing on display.

And this printed stuff can´t compete with a good cast from a real Sterling when it comes to all those details, as a (good) cast is very close to 1:1 to the original.

Next step up would be something like Ddays pipe builds, a nice and sturdy tube with good cast addons.

• Like 3

Those rubber rods are for sure good for trooping, but i wouldn´t want to have such a thing on display.

And this printed stuff can´t compete with a good cast from a real Sterling when it comes to all those details, as a (good) cast is very close to 1:1 to the original.

Next step up would be something like Ddays pipe builds, a nice and sturdy tube with good cast addons.

I hear you Michael. if theres one thing I've learned here is don't cheap out go with vetted sellers. Dday's kits are beautiful I really want to get one. but I'm torn between a hyperfirm, the blaster my armourer recommends and a Phoenix Props pipe kit.

And sorry guys I didn't want to stir anything up. just curious of what you all thought of it, I was skeptical myself. I knew right away with the grip, but it did look like a decent rubies mod at first glance.

I have ordered 2 hyperfirms from slavefive, Mark, and LOVE em!  Another good thing about them is that often people will ask "can I hold your gun"?  You can feel comfortable doing that knowing that you won't go into cardiac arrest if a 10 year old drops it!

• Like 4