Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Gary is right and just like the old car saying "if it gets you from point a to point b, then it works" - just an idea for you if you are interested:

Why not throw some imperial logo templates on them they're round enough - it's your bucket so I support whatever you chose. It's the trooper in the armor that matters more kiddo

93cd20d7595b90342f6626858652b3d9.jpg

• Like 2

Gary is right and just like the old car saying "if it gets you from point a to point b, then it works" - just an idea for you if you are interested:

Why not throw some imperial logo templates on them they're round enough - it's your bucket so I support whatever you chose. It's the trooper in the armor that matters more kiddo

I donno bro in my case, I need to make that armour look as slick as ice, so when people find out whose in it they can be like... Ohhhh.. it's you :L well nice armour bye! lol

I donno bro in my case, I need to make that armour look as slick as ice, so when people find out whose in it they can be like... Ohhhh.. it's you :L well nice armour bye! lol

Stormtrooper have a lot of fans... We are the most popular, next to Darth Vader. While trooping we aren't supposed to remove our lids, unless in the break room. A lot of people don't expect women to be suited up in the armour, but those times are changing especially with EP VII. Don't break the illusion, you're a celebrity, and should act like one, or security detail while in armour... You're part of the Galactic War Machine remember? Lol

• Like 3

I can definitely back that statement up. This past weekend was Wizard World con in St Louis. I was stopped for photos a LOT more while in armor than when in Jedi garb.

• Like 2

I can definitely back that statement up. This past weekend was Wizard World con in St Louis. I was stopped for photos a LOT more while in armor than when in Jedi garb.

One year I tried doing the CIBC 5 km walk for Cancer while suited up... Couldn't get 100 yards (300 feet) without getting stopped for pictures. The firefighters of Toronto were doing their awards ceremony at the time, stopped the ceremony long enough to take pictures as well. They wanted me in the fire truck, but told them I wasn't able to sit down, (it's the truth). Not every day you see a Stormtrooper walking down the street in downtown Toronto. Was an awesome day!

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 3

Stand by for a long reply....

I love the idea of the logo.. I looked into it.. but I don't want anything too sticky near my ears. That and I plan on seeing about hooking up the earbuds into the ear pads .. haven't decided yet.

Dave.. couldn't agree more.. I want to be proud of my gear and I know I will be.. I just have to own it and make it my own.  I thought with the Imperial Colors and me being Female that it would make it a little different from other troopers. A way to know it was my bucket without just a name.. I never thought it would look like slabs of meat. Sigh.. Anyway.. I can take the teasing I just don't want it to turn into more than that.  Re: mesh  if you know what I mean. For a Female that could be sooo negative.

Stormtrooper have a lot of fans... We are the most popular, next to Darth Vader. While trooping we aren't supposed to remove our lids, unless in the break room. A lot of people don't expect women to be suited up in the armour, but those times are changing especially with EP VII. Don't break the illusion, you're a celebrity, and should act like one, or security detail while in armour... You're part of the Galactic War Machine remember? Lol

I am excited for the part of the fans and bringing joy to others faces. I do this every Thursday and Saturday when I teach judo and see the smiles on a childs face when they master O-goshi or O-Soto-gari.

Can't wait for that to happen to me.

One year I tried doing the CIBC 5 km walk for Cancer while suited up... Couldn't get 100 yards (300 feet) without getting stopped for pictures. The firefighters of Toronto were doing their awards ceremony at the time, stopped the ceremony long enough to take pictures as well. They wanted me in the fire truck, but told them I wasn't able to sit down, (it's the truth). Not every day you see a Stormtrooper walking down the street in downtown Toronto. Was an awesome day!

Don't blame my brother.. he's a firefighter.. most of my family was.. did you know that firefighters know how to start and put out many different kinds of fires.. - grins - was an interesting childhood I tell ya.

Anyway, it is my hope to have my gear ready by June 11th and the Relay for Life walk. Who knows though.

• Like 4

I haven't had much luck with Glue on fabric.. saw that stuff.. but just not having luck.. not even the fabric E6000 works well.

Use a small amount hot glue in the the locations you need to - I made a go pro chest harness out of hot glue and nylon straps - did the mud hero marathon and it lasted through the race no problems.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Another vote for hot glue.  The stuff is awesome to get things to stick to fabric and stay put.  I used a glue gun to adhere more than 2,000 individual  feathers to a girl's bodysuit, leggings, and hood.  They all stayed on very well!

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 2

Go easy on Meshie!!

I have to agree about leaving them alone. Although the challenge of cutting out a nice felt logo does tickle my creative fancy.. it doesn't lend itself to being at all helpful down the road.

Picture hours of sweat against felt and black ears appearing from under a bucket.. yeah.. not too pleasant. Laugh. But great idea though.

:dancing-trooper:  Anyway.. I am going to make it to an armor party this weekend. Offered to bring my TK boots for a trooper to try on and will bring the meat bucket for some review and help with a few things. I need to figure out where to place the Audio Assist system that Shawn made until I get approved.

I don't know if I'll bring the big armor transport though. It's huge and don't know if there will be enough space.. however I think I should bring my weathered blaster for review I guess..

All that and a veggie platter...

Side note.. I love tatts.. and I have been designing one for a long time.. many of you have seen it.. it is currently my profile picture.. and it will be joining the many I have already. I will be placed on my right hip on April 23rd. I have a Camel friend in Barrie that tattoos. Laugh. I love her company name.. Cameltrails. Laugh..

Edited by Brattie

Today I finally admitted that I am getting Old.. one day I will look like a female version of Palpatine.

Okay.. I know I'm not the prettiest in the world.. probably not even a 5 on the 10 scale.. Laughs.. but I'm okay with that.. but this getting old stuff.. Perhaps I'm having an early mid-life crisis .. I still like to think of myself as 20 with 19 years experience.. but the fact that will change towards the end of this year to 20 with 20 years experience.. burrrr.. just scary..

I do think though that it was this feeling of needing to do something for myself. The realization that I've spent the past 10 years pretty much just trying to survive and putting other people before myself all the time. This causing more stress in my life than needed and throwing me into the gutter of debt and despair.

I pretty much became a hermit that would just work, eat and sleep. I tried to do some volunteer work helping others again but in something that I too was passionate about.. like star wars.. I've always been into Martial arts.. so teaching youth Judo was and has been a great experience.. and got me out of the house and exercising.

It was at the end of 2015 that I found FISD and the 501st and realized that it was possible to do something I always wanted to do since I was little and have my own stormtrooper armor and bring smiles to peoples faces.

There is something about seeing the smile on a kid face that just warms your heart and energizes you... or maybe that's just the force. Laugh.. Sounding like yoda.. this is scary...  laughs

Anyway.. I know I'm rambling but this thread is about a journey.. and with that it's about the person under the bucket as well.

I know my armor will be arriving soon and that will be another start to another crazy brattie adventure.. and soon after / or before my new blaster with working folding stock should arrive and that has to be put together.. so I'm hoping to keep my hands busy.. Laugh..

I am looking forward to connecting with others this weekend more so than anything.  This journey is just as much about meeting like-minded people as it is about forcing myself back out into the world.

That's all for now...

~ Brattie out ~

• Like 2

Brattie Cocktail:

1 part fun humor

1 part curiosity

1 part research

1 part inspiration

1 part tender heart

1 part mischief

Shake it all up and you have a beautiful person and a future Lady of the Legion.

(friendly punch in the shoulder)

Books are not judged by their cover here lass. Now let's go find Eric at the MEPD and go practice Karate in the garage it will help kill this wait!

• Like 4

Alrighty..  :D

Yesterday as many of you know.. I met up with Pickles at work. We were able to grab a bite to eat and have a really good chat..

We did the customary Pickles picture with her AT-AT as well as having a goofy woman over her shoulder. Laugh. If you are on Facebook you've seen it! Laugh.

(okay I admit.. I talked A LOT.. laugh .. I do tend to become a bit of a chatter box sometimes when I'm excited about something and in a relaxed setting).. not when I'm working or in character though.

Anyway she had some great words of wisdom and answered so many questions. It was a privilege to have such a great opportunity to sit down one on one with a female member of the Legion and Canadian Garrison.

Words can not describe how thankful I am for everything I learnt yesterday.  It was some girl talk.. chuckles.. and some Legion.. and some everything. Laughs. shhh girl talk is a Secret.. not for the ears of boyz. Laugh.  :laugh1:  sorry guys!! Laugh

I was interested to understand how everything works and it was comforting to find out that it has many similarities to the dojo where I volunteer in teaching Judo.

Yeah yeah.. A-Aron will remind you about how curious I can be about everything. Laughs!!

Anyway... I could go on and on. I do try not to do that though!!! :P

Over all

The experience of getting to know another woman within the legion was... uplifting is a great word for it... Pickles is a strong, confident, beautiful woman. While speaking with her you can feel the love she has for the 501st and working within a group that can only be described as "the family of the Canadian Garrison". It made me smile. :P

In fact I think I had perma-grin through most of our visit when my mouth wasn't moving. LAUGH

It helped me to better understand everything as a whole.  It also reduce the scatterbrained overwhelmed feeling I've had the past few weeks of not being sure about everything.

The best part I think was hearing about some of the horror stories that can take place during troops (like Birthday Parties). - chuckles - All very valuable information!!

I'm sure it was horrible when it happened.. but wow are some of the stories funny.. and at the same time SCARY!

I shared some of the stories you all have shared with me within my thread. ~ laughs ~

It was great to connect with a new friend that ... "got me" is the best way to put it.

I look forward to Saturday and meeting others and learning more.

:D

Thanks Pickles!

:dancing-trooper:

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Nevah!..

Laugh

I will never put pressure on someone with this stuff.. it happens when it happens. That is life and I'd rather have 99.9% perfect armor than someone rush something and hurt themselves or the gear.

Good things come to those who wait. My whole life has been a waiting game.. why would this be any different! Laugh

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

You were just missing the "Grasshopper" at the end of that one as in lol:

Patience for quality is a fair trade Grasshopper sorry I'm old

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3

Doing the crazy head banging at work today.. just need an outlet. Laughs... One of those days.. but this is kinda how I feel.. Laughs...

• Like 1