Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Very spooky.. my thread has gone quiet.. hurm.. hopefully I'll have updated pictures later today when I get home and can do some more lens work :):dancing-trooper:

Looking good, after your first couple troops you'll end up tweaking things. My first troop was 2 1/2 hours and didn't reveal any issues other than mic placement needing adjusting, my 2nd troop was a 9 hour day and I was in armour the full time, I took breaks every few hours but only took off the upper armor. I had to make some tweaks based off 9 hours of armor wearing with the helmet and armor. All minor. Guess the next troop will reveal if those worked or not. Mic placement and amp volume level are a fine tuning experience indeed! 

• Like 2

You think it went quiet on your thread?! It's a ghost town on mine. My favourite die hards are there and I do see people lurking in the bushes ;) though lol. You're doing a great job keep it up!

I just bought my quest blaster I'm going to have to go back and review your steps, TKZombie's looks incredible. Sigh I'll keep up the good fight, carry on trooper! 

• Like 1

I am trying to resolve a few potential items now. Looking at a few different set ups for more pads but nothing that will be too restricting as that would cause a head ache. I have worn a helmet for a long period before so I'm trying to keep that in mind with how it sits and fits. :)

• Like 1

I am trying to resolve a few potential items now. Looking at a few different set ups for more pads but nothing that will be too restricting as that would cause a head ache. I have worn a helmet for a long period before so I'm trying to keep that in mind with how it sits and fits. :)

Try it on, wear it for a few hours, see how it goes... Only way real way to tell how it works is with the rest of the armour, and in the field... For example, how close to the shoulders it sits, and such... You can get a fairly accurate feel for it without armour, but may need minor tweaking when all is together.

• Like 1

One of my orders arrived!!! Princess Auto - Soldering kit and some flux n stuffs!! whoohoo.. almost ready for the Eric and Willis Training course on how to do electronic stuffs!!! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 2

Alright..

Shout out to experienced Troopers here...

Topic: Armor Parties

What should be expected?

Like.. do you take munchies for all, veggie platters?

Would the regular house warming / first visit to a house present be wise?

Also, I don't have much for Armor and was just going to take my bucket to chat with some people about some things I'd like to better in it.. but not really work on it.. should I take all my gear anyway?

What about my blaster? Binders? etc?

I mostly want to meet all these awesome people I've been talking to :)

Anyway.. I have a week until it's time so .. tips and stuff are helpful...

I'm a shy person usually but am looking forward to the trip. :)

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

You asked for experienced troopers lass.

I bring a case of water, beer, munchies, and extra materials for future recruits - last party I donated a box of carpenter pencils and 10 bottles of Acetone for making paste.

Oh and a bulk box of Jollyrancher candy

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Heh.. well I have some extra stuff.. but I promised the left over visor to Ken.. LOL. That's all I have "extra" right now.. but I think I have some red costume silk left.. not sure if anyone would want that though since everyone says it looks like steak in my bucket.

May switch those out for the Grey pads I have.

• Like 1

Well I'm allergic to Fish so I can't take that.. but I guess pop and a veggie platter.

I am not sure Jason.. gotta be any time now :P

Well I'm allergic to Fish so I can't take that.. but I guess pop and a veggie platter.

I am not sure Jason.. gotta be any time now :P

Fillet of steak lol84aef5b06e92175191b39fcf9cfa222e.jpg Edited by Pyrates

That looks like the best damn fillet I've ever seen... lol Angie and I were just talking about nicknames! This is going to get messy. Fillet isn't too bad! I've grown to like mine  B)

• Like 2

I really want to go to an armour party soon, I wonder if the Great Lakes Garrison has anything going on in Detroit other than Motor City Comic Con... I'm so much closer to Michigan than all y'all up near the GTA. 

Windsor is small city I only know of one 501st TK here and he never is on FISD.

• Like 1

At my first armor party, I took my armor and some tools.

That's it.

Others brought their kits if they needed to work on them. A few brought various munchies (brownies, some odd mint/chocolate thing in a pan? that was well received), but overall I went with the expectation of getting assistance with things that I couldn't do myself, like checking the back of the shins and thighs for trimming. And I did get that help.

There were several kits (clone trooper, general Jedi) also being worked on as well as another TK. We even had someone working on a Ghostbusters proton pack. :)

If you bring treats, that would just be a bonus.

• Like 1

Update:

I have adjusted what has come to be known I guess as the meat pads in my bucket. I considered covering them in black, but instead I put black edging on them to remove some of the "meat" look..

Guess only time will tell...

• Like 1

Update:

I have adjusted what has come to be known I guess as the meat pads in my bucket. I considered covering them in black, but instead I put black edging on them to remove some of the "meat" look..

Guess only time will tell...

So, you singed the edges of each fillet? :D

Seriously though, if you are happy with them, the color doesn't matter. Fit is much more important.

• Like 2