Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

A-Aron.. I would have to say something like... "Young grasshopper.. today is tomorrow's yesterday" for it to work right. :lol::laugh1:

• Like 2

A-Aron.. I would have to say something like... "Young grasshopper.. today is tomorrow's yesterday" for it to work right. :lol::laugh1:

Can't be tomorrow's yesterday, for tomorrow never comes... Like what Astrix told his people... "Gauls, we are being attacked by the Romans tomorrow. Don't worry though, tomorrow never comes!"

• Like 2

Well now.. I am home.. yep.. enjoying a nice drink of Crown.. what a night /  day / wow.. Laughs

What happens at an armor party.. stays at an armor party - LAUGHS -

Was so great to meet so many people and chat about the builds and the differences and and and.. I am not going to ramble on and on here.. Was great. end of story.

I think the most interesting comment of the day was not about my bucket but about my armor carrier.. or Coffin as someone (not naming names) referred to it. LAUGHS.

Was great to hear I don't have to do too much to my bucket. Over all it's passable. So now just have to wait for the armor itself and then join in on the fun!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

~ peeks in ~ Alright I have the highest hopes to see my armor soon.. maybe this week or next? Fingers crossed.

Twiddling thumbs and hoping for an exciting week.. I might have a few orders arriving this week. :icon_beg:

• Like 1

Alright, so I'm getting a little heat about my choice for having a Jawa as a backup to my Trooper. "Another tall Jawa" yadda yadda yadda. :mellow::blink::huh:

Financially it was the right move although a lot of people are saying crew-woman etc is cheaper costing around $200, or officer even. 

This kinda puzzles me as I spent the last 3 months looking at all the pieces and builds for the Officer and the cost of the hats, belts, etc etc etc and there is NO way I could do that in $200 Canadian. I'm not sure if people are buying their gear at the BiWay or where they are looking.. anyway.. with all the comments I'm going to look at it again as another build.. but I'm still getting my Jawa.. I like em.. so :P

If you know of CHEAP approvable items for an Officer or crew-woman than let me know.  Thanks

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

~ peeks in ~ Alright I have the highest hopes to see my armor soon.. maybe this week or next? Fingers crossed.

Twiddling thumbs and hoping for an exciting week.. I might have a few orders arriving this week. :icon_beg:

32 pages and no armour yet....this thread will EXPLODE when you get it! :)
  • Like 2

Hi Scott.. yes it will - Laughs -

Bucket is built and all ready to go.. a few more tweaks for it and need to sort the padding. I think I'm going to play with the pads some more. I'd like it snug but not too snug if that makes sense.

Re: the Crew woman Uniforms

I have listened to many say I can build a crew woman for cheaper than $200 CAN.

I don't have more than $200 to put into it though all said and done.

Here is what I know from my research:

Crew-woman (linked CRL)

• Coveralls / Black Flight Suit - $50 USD to $120 CAN (Various Stores)
  • Hat - $50 USD
  • Belt Buckle with belt - $38 to $70 USD (eBay and others)
  • Jack Boots - $70 to $190+ USD (eBay)  I have tall Doc Marten's but they won't work according to CRL.
  • Patches - $3.00 USD x 2 for each shoulder (Trooperbay)

Above est. costs - $100 + Boots $90 + Patches $6 = 196 USD = $254 CDN -> Already over $200 CAN without the flight suit.

So I'm asking if anyone knows where to get all the necessary items that will meet the CRL and 501st approval for $200 CAN or under and I'll begin that build.

Please keep in mind I don't have a sewing machine so if sewing is required I will have to pay someone to make the adjustments.

:) Thank you.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

BiWay! Ha! Love the 1980's reference.

Maybe better luck at Bargain Harolds! :laugh1::rolleyes:

heheh.. at least someONE gets it! Laugh

Alright.. Serious question for a minute..

My Facebook has EXPLODED with Star wars stuff.. and I love it.. but it made me wonder.. do people create separate Facebook accounts for their Star Wars stuff?

Thoughts, Feelings, Experience?  Let me know what you have all found works best  :rolleyes::0Lighten:

• Like 1

For flight suit, check your local Army Surplus store... You may need to travel a bit for this... Check Amazon.ca as well for other items like boots, or can look at local listings in Kijiji, or craigslist or if you know of a riding outfitter, they may know where to get used ones...

• Like 2

heheh.. at least someONE gets it! Laugh

Alright.. Serious question for a minute..

My Facebook has EXPLODED with Star wars stuff.. and I love it.. but it made me wonder.. do people create separate Facebook accounts for their Star Wars stuff?

Thoughts, Feelings, Experience?  Let me know what you have all found works best  :rolleyes::0Lighten:

I just put it out there with the rest of my normal FB posts (which really aren't that many). The Darth Vader for 70th Garrison/Gateway Squad does a separate page for his photos and such. He doesn't post exclusively to it, but it does make it easier to segregate some items.

I think it comes down to personal preference.

• Like 2

Lol, A-Aron

I know I should see it soon. Mark has been great giving me updates and letting me know how I am progressing on the list.

I am sure it will be. Any time now. :)

I'm guessing before the end of the month, but fingers crossed for sooner. :)

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

Do I have your attention yet?

okay.. so not to get your hopes up.. this isn't the BBB has been delivered attention post.. HOWEVER...

My BLASTER From Chris Zuk arrived!!!!!  No Issues with Customs!!!!!!

Items arrived marked SW Prop Samples and everything was AWESOME!!!  I'll have pictures in a while. I have to clean it up and prime it.. I am so going to love this project!!  

Anyway.. for anyone unsure about ordering from him due to customs.. I had NO issue. Hopefully I'll be able to order a DLT from him down the road!!!

:dancing-trooper:   :) Does a happy dance :):dancing-trooper:

• Like 3

Yeah.. I was just so happy that I didn't have any Customs issues!!! I have loads of work to do on it.. priming it and sanding a bit.. but over all it's awesome!

So now it's just a matter of time.. everything is falling into place and just in time for the nice weather.

• Like 2

A few have asked me to update people on the Relay For life stuff I'm involved with this year..

So the Brampton relay for life will take place June 11th in Brampton at Harold M Brathwaite Second School at 415 Great Lakes Drive.

Please note guys, a few had asked me for this information. This is not a 501st event ( I'm not a member yet so no idea what is or isn't but I believe it isn't)

• Like 2

A few have asked me to update people on the Relay For life stuff I'm involved with this year..

So the Brampton relay for life will take place June 11th in Brampton at Harold M Brathwaite Second School at 415 Great Lakes Drive.

Please note guys, a few had asked me for this information. This is not a 501st event ( I'm not a member yet so no idea what is or isn't but I believe it isn't)

I'm quite aware of it not being a 501st event, but still doesn't mean people can't show up in armour lol
  • Like 2

Alright, so I'm getting a little heat about my choice for having a Jawa as a backup to my Trooper. "Another tall Jawa" yadda yadda yadda. :mellow::blink::huh:

Financially it was the right move although a lot of people are saying crew-woman etc is cheaper costing around $200, or officer even.

This kinda puzzles me as I spent the last 3 months looking at all the pieces and builds for the Officer and the cost of the hats, belts, etc etc etc and there is NO way I could do that in $200 Canadian. I'm not sure if people are buying their gear at the BiWay or where they are looking.. anyway.. with all the comments I'm going to look at it again as another build.. but I'm still getting my Jawa.. I like em.. so :P

If you know of CHEAP approvable items for an Officer or crew-woman than let me know. Thanks

Just to add my 2 cents here, not about money or anything, but to me a big, big advantage of being an officer instead of a Jawa is that you can wrangle in it.
  • Like 3

Hey Scott,

yep, I totally hear ya on that one as well. However.. money is always an issue to so many and that is where I struggle the most. These things aren't cheap. I also know through wise words of others and such that an officer or crew man items can be used for many other costumes.

Perhaps in time.. but I would rather save up my money to put into a TFA outfit now. I would like to have that option.. so I know I need to save a lot of funds for that down the road.

I have only a small amount left for costume items that I have put aside. So unless I can get the needed items for under $200 CAN, I am out of luck for a bit.

:) Thank you for your input :)

• Like 1

I can't get enough of your enthusiasm kiddo!

Make sure you save some of that dough for "Gremlins" (botched snaps, strapping, cover strips and extra E-6000. For the record I ended up needing 5 tubes) - cheers "Punky"

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2