Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

ok.. serious now.. - chuckles -

The Low Odor Contact Cement.. will it work for the 3D printed blaster I ordered?  It was on sale so no big deal.. but with living in a basement and not TONS of vents I thought it the safer choice.

For all the Sand Troopers I've known before...

486942_10152260638730344_1135421183_n.jp

You should really clean up after yourselves!!!!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

Alright Troopers or Troopers to be.. sighs.. okay.. Sandies too.. apparently I have to included you.. it was in the memo.. Laugh..

What Bondo do I want for smoothing out my 3D printed blaster?

There are so many to choose from.. some with hardening agents.. others that don't have it.. but are smaller and in a tube.. some that have it but don't have it then may have it.. GAH!

I spent like 45 minutes reading them all and they don't tell you much soooo... left it alone and returned to my safety zone.. here to get advice from those that know.. I hope.. I know.. not much confidence eh.. Laugh

Alright so.. if you could please go to the Canadian Tire Website.. find the one I am suppose to use.. and let me know by giving me the make, type, and XX-XXXX-XX CT number.. it would be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW - Re- Fix-it-stick - I plan on using some of that with the posts and screws I have for mounting the lenses in my bucket :)

I was also pondering if I could use bits of fix-it-stic as a bondo like substance for smoothing the blaster... Thoughts?

Edited by Brattie

BTW - Re- Fix-it-stick - I plan on using some of that with the posts and screws I have for mounting the lenses in my bucket :)

I was also pondering if I could use bits of fix-it-stic as a bondo like substance for smoothing the blaster... Thoughts?

I used something called Apoxie Sculpt to stick the posts into my bucket that the lenses screw into. It's been a couple weeks now and I've screwed the lenses in and out about 4-5 times over that period and there has been no issues with it, so hopefully it'll last (this is my first time using Apoxie Sculpt, so it's kind of an experiment). I initially bought it to use on my Doopydoo's blaster to fill in cracks and holes, but I had some "green stuff" to use for that.

I've never used Fix-it-stick either, but from the description I read, it sounds like there's less working time with it (it says it hardens in minutes). But otherwise it seems like it will do the trick.

• Like 3

Hey Richard,

Thank you so much for your input.. it's very much appreciated :) I'm hoping it will work.. but I'll have to test a few things.

• Like 1

Alright.. a few small updates:

Back up Build

Jawa:

I have decided to do the Jawa as a back up - but also as it will give me some of the skills I will need when it comes to my TK.

I also have a friend that may purchase it off me when I'm done.. so win - win... but why sell it....

A knowledgeable man advised me that there are too many tall Jawa's.. and at 5'10" I am tall.. I'd make a good Phasma though. Laugh!!

Anyway.. he suggested that I look at perhaps doing a crew-woman. I will have to look into the requirements for this item and may start to review it.

TK update:

I looked at all the stuff I have for my TK and took inventory. Almost ready to go. Now for the BBB.

Me Update:

Exhausted lately. I have been studying like crazy on all the ins and outs of each build, checking and double checking CRLs, photo's and everything to be sure I have everything in line to complete my build and have it approved. I just feel drained lately.. I'm hoping it's just because it's a very long build up to even more work but once I get going I think I will feel better.. but over all I'm exhausted.

It's all the research, budgeting, juggling of the necessities and what I can spare for builds. To be very honest I am kinda looking forward to the Jawa to give me a break from all the fine detailing requirements of the TK. Don't get me wrong.. I love Star Wars and everything with it.. but right now I'm just overloaded with "fine" details. It is suppose to be fun right? There's also the stress of worrying about spending a lot of money that I don't have in the hopes of joining this great family. Perhaps this weekend will make me feel better when friends of the Star Wars Nature come for a little visit.   Fingers Crossed..

For now.. this is my theme song:

Edited by Brattie

The stress you feel I think, comes during and before the armour is ready for trooping. Once the armour is finished, and you get out there with the masses, you'll have a blast! No more worries about, will I be accepted into the Legion, no more worries about fine detailing, no more worries about strapping systems, and modifying for requirements (it's only because you wish to try something a little different).<br><br>

I watch the he movies these days, and even then, I'm looking at the details of the TK, but still enjoying the movie for what it is, not picking it apart. Once your armour is done and over the way you like it, all will fall into place.

• Like 2

Sighs - I have been trying everything to get out of Family Obligations on Saturday so I can make it to Comic Con..

but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I wanted to go and check out stuff and meet more of the 501st and all that fun stuff.

I need to get my calender updated with all the Cons so I can send it out to family so they know to not plan stuff on those dates! Laugh.

Everyone that's going take loads of pictures n stuff!! I want to see!!! :(

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Sighs - I have been trying everything to get out of Family Obligations on Saturday so I can make it to Comic Con..

but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I wanted to go and check out stuff and meet more of the 501st and all that fun stuff.

I need to get my calender updated with all the Cons so I can send it out to family so they know to not plan stuff on those dates! Laugh.

Everyone that's going take loads of pictures n stuff!! I want to see!!! :(

June 3-5 Niagara Falls ComicCon... Just a heads up. Nothing is posted yet, but we should be there. Will keep you notified of other events if you want me to do so.
  • Like 2

Please do Dan.. I'd love to make it out to a few more events and get to meet people.. this weekend just won't work. That is the weekend before my RFL which is good.. who knows. .maybe I'll have my armor or jawa done by then and be there! hehehehe

• Like 2

Please do Dan.. I'd love to make it out to a few more events and get to meet people.. this weekend just won't work. That is the weekend before my RFL which is good.. who knows. .maybe I'll have my armor or jawa done by then and be there! hehehehe

Stay on target. One can only hope, and if you go at it like the other things, I'm sure it will be done... Not sure about the TK as you've not got BBB yet...

• Like 2

I ordered AP TK Armor through Mark and I'll be ordering my Jawa stuff from Carp's Customs Cosplay and Props. :)

I had to sort out my payment stuff so it was delayed in ordering but I know it'll be on it's way soon enough and I have almost all the stuff I want to mod it up and fix it up once I get it. Sadly I haven't heard from Echo yet. Pouts. But I hear he's busy.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

I ordered AP TK Armor through Mark and I'll be ordering my Jawa stuff from Carp's Customs Cosplay and Props. :)

I had to sort out my payment stuff so it was delayed in ordering but I know it'll be on it's way soon enough and I have almost all the stuff I want to mod it up and fix it up once I get it. Sadly I haven't heard from Echo yet. Pouts. But I hear he's busy.

Echo just posted in his fan threads - he's going to be offering a kit version of his fans since he doesn't have enough time right now to assemble them all.

• Like 2

Hey Richard,

Yeah.. the poor guy got swamped. :P If I had a soldering tool I would get a kit, but I have no issue waiting for a complete set up from him. If it is more than a month before he can get caught up, then I'll look at the kit option and start bugging all of these awesome helpful troopers that I know now. Laugh

:)

• Like 1

I'm going to do like ukswrath did with his electronics so having this in kit form saves me quite a few steps. Now he just needs to have a few minutes so he can reply back to the onslaught of messages and PMs. I think he should team up with someone so he's not doing all the work alone. 

• Like 1

that's a good idea Jason. I really do feel bad for Echo as so many rely on his awesome set up. Like I said.. I'd do the kit but I just don't have the skills and I'm not afraid to say it.

Maybe down the road, but right now.. I need the complete kit. I don't want him rushing through it either, so I'll be patient.

• Like 2