Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Is it possible to do a loose pony tail then stick it under your neck seal or maybe a samurai bun at the lowest part of your hair line so it doesn't catch on your hard hat liner?

Okay... A-Aron.. I don't plan on having Hard Hat Liner.. I have pads.. and my hair is too long for a bun.. but I could do a loose pony tail and keep it under everything else.. I just worry that might make my neck seal tight. I'll figure it out by trial and error.. or shave my head.

• Like 1

Okay... A-Aron.. I don't plan on having Hard Hat Liner.. I have pads.. and my hair is too long for a bun.. but I could do a loose pony tail and keep it under everything else.. I just worry that might make my neck seal tight. I'll figure it out by trial and error.. or shave my head.

Nooo! Keep the hair dudette - if you're doing pads then maybe "Pippy" braids then use those small Velcro straps for bundling cords on your braids and you will be able to tack it into you're helmet to another piece of Velcro secured inside - make sense?

With hair as long as yours you will be able to take it on and off with the least chance of pulling hair.

• Like 1

Hahaha.. I'll have a built in scarf in my bucket made from hair!!! They'll think I was a wookie in a previous life!! Laugh.. I can just picture it now!!

I keep checking this thread to see if it's BBB day. :P  This thread is really going to erupt once you've got some plastic in hand! :smiley-sw013:

Awesome conversations y'all. One more post for your count. :laugh1:

Hahah THanks Brad.. by the time BBB comes.. I'll have all the answers.. I have been constantly researching other threads.. asking questions here.. investigating items and options so I have a good plan in place to start with. Then.. I'll just go with the flow during the build a figure it all out :D

• Like 1

Hahhaah.. I will but so many great tips and options so far in the past 20 pages.. Ya can't miss that either.. it's all part of the Journey. :D

• Like 1

French twist, ad hair down back through neck seal, is what I've seen on women with TKs, and some men do the ponytail thing too... <br><br>

Fans are awesome to have on hand. Being able to,slot them in and remove them as required is best! This is what I've done with my own, never know when you'll need them...

• Like 1

That seems like some good Ideas. I don't mind looking like Pippy Long-stocking with the double braids.. interesting Idea.. will have to play around and see what works :P

I may just start a new build while I wait.. not sure I have the skills.. LOL... but I think it might be fun to tinker...

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Jawa

What do ya'll think?

• Like 1

I may just start a new build while I wait.. not sure I have the skills.. LOL... but I think it might be fun to tinker...

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Jawa

What do ya'll think?

Can always try, most have more than one costume. Designation for Jawa is DZ, also different Detachment group...

yeah... I don't own a sewing machine either so it might be difficult but I thought it might be something else to look into while I  still research everything else for my TK. Running out of stuff to ask and read and question etc .. Laugh..

What's the website for Jawa? Do they have something like a white armor.. looking for tips and such on that now too.. Laugh..

Pickles posted the CRL for them .. :D

Figure it's a fun backup in case I fail miserably at my TK build and don't want to become a Sandy Traitor. Laugh.

Edited by Brattie

My garrison's event coordinator and Legion's podcast host has a fantastic Jawa costume. Here's the CRL and detachment info:http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Jawa

Figure it's a fun backup in case I fail miserably at my TK build and don't want to become a Sandy Traitor. Laugh.

Ha! Sandies do it with style! 

• Like 2

Thanks Jason! I just need to find out how to make a JAWA costume now.. I have a good idea how to get the mask and do the lights.. I just have to sort out how to do the rest of the costume.. from what I'm hearing it can be done for fairly cheap which might serve as a good back up to my TK.

found this though - http://www.tk1336.com/jawa.html

http://www.kraytclan.com/forum/topic/2297-how-to-build-a-jawa-from-team-jawa/

Edited by Brattie

My garrison's event coordinator and Legion's podcast host has a fantastic Jawa costume. Here's the CRL and detachment info:http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Jawa

Ha! Sandies do it with style!

They may do it with style, but Kilted Troopers are the best dressed Stormtroopers lol
  • Like 2

I have EPIC News.. I am acquiring a second BLASTER.. one that has a working stock and all sorts of fun stuff.. It is really light too!!!

This Blaster was recommended through a couple friends and isn't too bad of a price.

It's always good to have options!!!

Christopher was so awesome to deal with as well. Answered all my questions :D

:dancing-trooper:

And.. I'll get to assemble this one and sand and paint it as well so I get to do something while I wait for the BBB.

He recommends a spray putty primer to help smooth it out and sand paper higher than 250. So making note of that. :D

What glue and putty do you guys recommend for this type of work?

And.. I think I'm going to start to look at a Jawa.. just have to get access to the site.. still waiting Validation or something on the kraytclan forum. :(

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2