Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

I have EPIC News.. I am acquiring a second BLASTER.. one that has a working stock and all sorts of fun stuff.. It is really light too!!!

This Blaster was recommended through a couple friends and isn't too bad of a price.

It's always good to have options!!!

Christopher was so awesome to deal with as well. Answered all my questions :D

:dancing-trooper:

And.. I'll get to assemble this one and sand and paint it as well so I get to do something while I wait for the BBB.

He recommends a spray putty primer to help smooth it out and sand paper higher than 250. So making note of that. :D

What glue and putty do you guys recommend for this type of work?

And.. I think I'm going to start to look at a Jawa.. just have to get access to the site.. still waiting Validation or something on the kraytclan forum. :(

I was asking about this as well! The same company, they make a DLT-19 That I am very interested in.

• Like 1

He is really cool to talk to. I was speaking with him via FB about it all before I purchased. That way I knew if I'd have any issues. It needs to be assembled and cleaned up but that gives me a project. And he offered plenty of advice on how to do things and what I should try. :)

He had posted about the E11 Blaster in the ANOVOS build group on FB

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

He is really cool to talk to. I was speaking with him via FB about it all before I purchased. That way I knew if I'd have any issues. It needs to be assembled and cleaned up but that gives me a project. And he offered plenty of advice on how to do things and what I should try. :)

He had posted about the E11 Blaster in the ANOVOS build group on FB

Where is he based?

He said there should not be an issue.

I'm excited because it's a perfect starter project for me.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

He said there should not be an issue.

I'm excited because it's a perfect starter project for me.

I believe that blasters can only make it across the border in kit form unfinished (no paint) so that it's easily recognizable that it's a non-functioning prop. If it's in just one or two pieces then it might make it. This is what I've been able to gather from lots of thread reading and asking other troopers.

• Like 1

Blaster kits with metal unpainted parts ship into Canada with no problems too.

I want to see pics when you get this kit!! :popcorn:

• Like 3

Alright.. so tidying up my spaces today.. and putting stuff away that I don't "need" trying to make enough room as I am going to have 2 items going at once.. yep.. I'm going to get a Jawa going as well. I think it'll give me more chances and options to do things.

As for my TK.. AP is going to be sending out the buckets before the rest of the armor, so I should see my bucket fairly soon.. then I can start to "play" with the set up and take my time as the armor will be a little while after.

GO ME!!

I also have the blaster coming that has to be assembled... speaking of which.. I would normally use E6000 glue for this but I was informed that it will be too flexible for the blaster assembly.. sooo..

Here comes the question.. are you ready? set? alright... moving along..

All Items I am looking for must be available in Canada. :)

What glue do you recommend for a blaster assembly?

What Bondo like compound do you recommend for filling the printing "holes"?

what sandpaper do you all recommend?

And other than a really sharp exacto knife.. what else could or should I consider getting?

Thanks in advance as always!!

Edited by Brattie

Alright.. so tidying up my spaces today.. and putting stuff away that I don't "need" trying to make enough room as I am going to have 2 items going at once.. yep.. I'm going to get a Jawa going as well. I think it'll give me more chances and options to do things.

As for my TK.. AP is going to be sending out the buckets before the rest of the armor, so I should see my bucket fairly soon.. then I can start to "play" with the set up and take my time as the armor will be a little while after.

GO ME!!

I also have the blaster coming that has to be assembled... speaking of which.. I would normally use E6000 glue for this but I was informed that it will be too flexible for the blaster assembly.. sooo..

Here comes the question.. are you ready? set? alright... moving along..

What glue do you recommend for a blaster assembly?

What Bondo like compound do you recommend for filling the printing "holes"?

what sandpaper do you all recommend?

And other than a really sharp exacto knife.. what else could or should I consider getting?

Thanks in advance as always!!

What type of glue: Contact cement, heavy duty epoxy or Zap'a'gap with zip kicker - Home Depot/ Lowes/ Rona/ Canadian Tire /Hobby Shop

What Bondo to use: "Bondo Automotive Body Filler" or "Bondo ultimate" - I have also heard of great success using "Green stuff" which I believe is similar to our fix-it-stik - Locations: Princess Auto , Part Source & Canadian Tire

What grits of sandpaper: I would recommend the standard papers we use for our builds an 80, 120, 200, 400, 600, 1500 and for finishing touches and a sheen 2500 which can be bought a jewelry suppliers the others you can get at... Princess Auto for dirt cheap (hee, hee, hee)

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Dammit.. Princess auto again.. I don't think my bank account can handle it.. I go into Princess auto for ONE THING.. and I come out with 150!!! Laughs :peace:

• Like 3

As for your Jawa very kewl back-up! Me, I'm eyeballing the Bounty Hunters Guild (You can sit down and see lol) - but that won't be for a couple of years at least

• Like 1

hey A-Aron.. I looked at the dented buckets.. I was considering it however with what I have on my plate with my TK build ahead.. I thought something easier would be a smarter bet this go around :)

• Like 2

hey A-Aron.. I looked at the dented buckets.. I was considering it however with what I have on my plate with my TK build ahead.. I thought something easier would be a smarter bet this go around :)

Git'r'done!

• Like 1

From my understanding, if your thinking bout a Boba, it's the most expensive costume out there for us. Parts are made out of metal, not plastic... And may require seamstress for jump suit.

• Like 2

Good Points Dan.. I don't wanna work I just wanna bang on my armor all day.. whoops.. sorry had that song in my head. Laugh..

Anyway,.. I had heard the same thing which is why I didn't go that route.. my heart has always been with the Stormtrooper.. and I think Jawa is so cute and would be an awesome fun alternative for troops.

Back to the build..

I have been doing some preliminary work ups on placement within the bucket and sourcing locations for items I will need. I think I have everything I'll need. When I stop in at the hardware stores for the Bondo, Glue and do everything I can to Avoid Princess auto... :laugh1:  as my bank account can never handle my visits to that place!! Laugh... I'm going to pick up fix-it-stic as well and try to start budgeting for the paints I'll need. OOO.. and I think I'll pop by party Packagers for Jawa stuff too! hehehe..

I think the eye thing in the Jawa build will help introduce me to the electrical work I'll need to do in my bucket! so Bonus!

• Like 2

psst.. psst.. Guess who went SHOPPING!!!!

PlastiDip_zps558ygva9.jpg

Now I practically have EVERYTHING I need .. just waiting for BBB...

Oh and about the 3D blaster - I need some bondo to fill it.. but what KIND of bondo.. was at Crappy tire and just couldn't figure out Which one to get.. so waited and came here to ask you guys.. Like.. gimme a product number kay!

Edited by Brattie

psst.. psst.. Guess who went SHOPPING!!!!

PlastiDip_zps558ygva9.jpg

Now I practically have EVERYTHING I need .. just waiting for BBB...

Oh and about the 3D blaster - I need some bondo to fill it.. but what KIND of bondo.. was at Crappy tire and just couldn't figure out Which one to get.. so waited and came here to ask you guys.. Like.. gimme a product number kay!

"Automotive- there's some at Wally World in Automotive department right by the 3m headlight restoration kits and Princ...

• Like 2