Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

lol Aaron you are starting to look like MY 2 I/C and I think Dan is probably Recruit Captain for both of us grunts. I am a slow learner though and will be doing a lot of latrine duty I reckon 

Dan is my recruit Captain and Jason is the 2nd "In Command" and reminds me of my old Corporal 2 I/C that squares you away and gets you back on track when things start to go crazy.

And the coolest Sandy I know

Thanks for your title of Recruiting Captain, although I didn't recruit you, you joined on your own... I've just been trying to help with your builds, and adding suggestion (no plastidip) here and there (no plastidip) no matter how subliminal (no plastidip) they seem to be... Lol

• Like 2

Someone is padding their post count.... I was the quiet NCO until someone really messed up or made me mad. I don't even yell now until I get really heated.

Sorry I'm unfamiliar with "padding the post count".

For those that know me, I wear my heart my heart on my sleeve. Titles and compliments are not easily earned and not given freely in my world and is truly deserved of those who receive them

• Like 2

A-a-ron is trying to catch me on # of posts

Lol - K I understand now lmfao - sorry man didn't realize how many I had.

Ahhh I talk too much so my bad mate

• Like 2

okay.. Ask yourself this... How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? hehhehhe

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

how do you know? were you there.. maybe one of them went home and did it after.. or before.. so they could be cool.. and have it look extra  awesome.. huh huh huh :P Grins big and continues to live up to her name

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

how do you know? were you there.. maybe one of them went home and did it after.. or before.. so they could be cool.. and have it look extra awesome.. huh huh huh

Inside of helmet can be seen as white when Luke takes his bucket off on the Death Star....

• Like 1

yes.. but wouldn't that be a Hero build then? Maybe that wasn't the case for a Stunt.. right? :D

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Alright.. the topic for this post is..  CHIN STRAPS

Recently on a Facebook post in build updates for ANOVOS someone mentioned Chin straps.  To me this sounds like a royal pain in the butt to do but at the same time a great idea.. why not ensure your bucket won't come flying off if you suddenly decide to do cart wheels or somersaults into water or something. FYI, if you do a water dunk.. be sure to remove electronics.. that could be a major downer and zap happy occasion. 

Anyway.. It got me thinking.. it really isn't a bad idea and some of the CANON ball pictures do show strapping of that nature... what are your thoughts on this?

Is it truly worth the hassle?

I mean.. there were more than a few troopers in the movies.. how do we know what all the variations were right?

Just food for thought.. Anyway.. what are your thoughts on the Chin strap.. Comment below!

This is my fav picture of the inside of a bucket..

fb9e2a91100ec840a7fe5fc640aa838d.jpg

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Personally, I don't have them... Hard hat liner is enough... I think at this time, instead of over doing it, you may wish to get your armour and have bucket in hand before adding/doing anything else to it. There's only so much room in there... You're adding mesh (not necessary), plastidip (not necessary), fans (only necessary if you don't have proper airflow due to mesh and sealed lenses)... Don't forget, black absorbs the sun, and may make the bucket hotter for you too, along with padding...<br><br>

Get the bucket, don't mess around with it, try it on, see how it works for you unmodified, then add one modification at a time. Take it slow, some of these modifications may look or sound neat, but some are not necessary... As I said, I've had two fans for years, but have only had to install one fan for a couple hours at one troop... Other than that, never used them... It's why I bring them, and they have Velcro backing, so I can take them out or put them in if required. Black plastidip... Try your bucket on without first.. See how it goes... Try it outside in bright sunlight (yes we do troop outside at times), add if so desired... Mesh, same thing.... Do these things not because, hey neat look what I can do, but make educated decisions, rather than jumping into someone else's pandora's box...<br><br>

Just an opinion ignor as required... Lol

• Like 2

Dan, You are dead on right with what you have said. One thing at a time and try things as you go. I plan on testing each thing I plan on adding as I go. The bonus to plastidip is that it can easily be removed if necessary.. I've done the research and testing on that.

The fans were recommended by others but I do plan on seeing how it goes.

You make a valid point about the lenses and it was suggested to me to not "seal" them in fully and ensure there is some airflow around them to help ensure they don't fog. I want to attach them via a screw and post method so I can add spacers (washers) if needed to give more of a gap.

I have numerous options I have been gathering for each item through my build thread.. we are at page 20 and I have yet to even start my build. Laugh.

I plan on testing each item first before I choose what I think will work for me.. but in the end.. nothing will be glued permanently. All will be added via Velcro. Even the padding. I want to be able to clean it and work in it and for that I need to be able to move stuff.

Anything requiring wiring will be a whole other ballgame. It is why I'm hesitant on putting the mics in the ears. It requires drilling holes in the bucket. That makes it permanent and I want to be absolutely sure that's how I want it first.

Your point are valid.. and I plan on taking this super slow to make sure I have what best works for me.

:) I never ignore words from others.. I always consider what is said.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Good to hear! Educated decisions are way better than non educated, and mistakes are more tolerable when you make one too. Don't jump into anything with both feet first... Especially when it comes to the white armour lol.<br><br>

Am glad to hear that your decisions are researched, and will be tested first, before putting into stone.

• Like 2

My Bucket Plan

Alright.. here's the plan...

I want to put the fuzzy side of the velcro on the inside top of my bucket. This way I can put the other velcro part on the pads and move them around until I find a really good fit that's comfy and that works. I plan on that taking a few troops etc. But at least I can easily move them around as I go.

This means that much of the upper dome of the bucket will be covered in black Velcro. So .. I might as well paint it. I will use PlastiDip as it can be removed if needed.

I have found the loopy side of velcro to stick in hair etc so I want to ensure that's on the things I'm putting in the bucket. I also plan on wearing a balaclava to help keep my very long hair out of the way.

Side question "What do other ladies do with their hair for trooping and when in armor?"

For the Comm - I don't plan on getting one right away but will most likely hang that from my neck or place on the inside of the chest plate or such.

The AAS - I plan on playing with that to make it work but I have many options and will have to test to see.

The fans - I want fans. I think overall it's a good idea. If I don't need them .. GREAT! but if I don't put them in and then need them.. well that would SUCK. So being cautious and plan on getting them and installing them.

That's the Bucket plan so far.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

The plan for the Armor

Wear it and wear it well. That's about it for now.

Make sure to minimize pinches - test on stairs, go to the washroom before suiting up.. and have fun...

• Like 1