Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

New plan - if it doesn't hold I'm going to remove the cover strip behind the plate so it sits more flush to the shin - don't get mad, get even

Hey mate I got the plate and inner side secured. Just got to glue the outer side. I'll get some pics and comments up on my thread soon, but I put the outer side in some hot water and twisted it inwards slightly before putting it all on.

I also put some scrap abs either side of the cover strip so as to give the plate a bigger area to glue to.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New plan - if it doesn't hold I'm going to remove the cover strip behind the plate so it sits more flush to the shin - don't get mad, get even

Hey mate I got the plate and inner side secured. Just got to glue the outer side. I'll get some pics and comments up on my thread soon, but I put the outer side in some hot water and twisted it inwards slightly before putting it all on.

I also put some scrap abs either side of the cover strip so as to give the plate a bigger area to glue to.

• Like 1

Brilliant mate! I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

I pulled the plate off tonight unintentionally removing the outer cover strip (thank Vader I put an inner cover strip already) - got everything cleaned up while drinking some beer to prevent from doing something silly

Edited by Pyrates

Repeated reply....arch. just had some connection issues.

Forgot to say I've been referring to previous centurion submissions, particularly a guy on FISD, goes by the name The 5thhorseman. Or something like that. Using them as a visual for the sniper plate.

• Like 1

Repeated reply....arch. just had some connection issues.

Forgot to say I've been referring to previous centurion submissions, particularly a guy on FISD, goes by the name The 5thhorseman. Or something like that. Using them as a visual for the sniper plate.

Yes that would be Germain

That's him. Seeing his, the ridges of his shin armour at the sides aren't parallel to the angle of the sniper plate sides, so I'm happy to just try to emulate his - considering he be a centurion!

• Like 1

Okay.. thanks for the points on the keys and batteries in the lower boxes.. I already have a neck pouch that RFID protected coming that I'll be setting up either to wear on my neck or mounting to my armor. 

Going to have to play with it. :) Thanks for the info !!

• Like 1

Okay.. thanks for the points on the keys and batteries in the lower boxes.. I already have a neck pouch that RFID protected coming that I'll be setting up either to wear on my neck or mounting to my armor.

Going to have to play with it. :) Thanks for the info !!

Anytime Angie!

Little bit left to do, but looking awesome! Very close, just wait for bucket it seems.. Ab buttons too, very little left...

Thank-you Dan - appreciate it as always

Almost time for the March newsletter or as I call it "TK Monthly" - can't wait!

Lots more straps to do tonight and maybe get some rivets in and get my shins ready for the new closure idea I have - I don't want work I just wanna build on my armor all day!

Happy Friday mates!!!!

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3

Almost time for the March newsletter or as I call it "TK Monthly" - can't wait!

Lots more straps to do tonight and maybe get some rivets in and get my shins ready for the new closure idea I have - I don't want work I just wanna build on my armor all day!

Happy Friday mates!!!!

Ditto on that.

Cheers

• Like 1

Well I'm basically using your thread as my assembly manual now lol. looking great man. What is that material you're using for joining the back to the kidney and kidney to butt?

Rubber floor mat from a liquidation store, and just be cautious if you're using my thread mate remember I'm a bigger guy and I'm still a green horn too and can make mistakes.

Really useful threads that have helped me are on Page 7 of my thread. I highly recommend using Tony's ATA thread as it is more similar to our AP than the A..something. It's the same thread Sentry put up:

ukswrath's AM 1.0, ATA bucket build

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/31920-ukswrath%27s-AM-1%2E0%2C-ATA-bucket-build

• Like 3

Rubber floor mat from a liquidation store, and just be cautious if you're using my thread mate remember I'm a bigger guy and I'm still a green horn too and can make mistakes.

Really useful threads that have helped me are on Page 7 of my thread. I highly recommend using Tony's ATA thread as it is more similar to our AP than the A..something. It's the same thread Sentry put up:

ukswrath's AM 1.0, ATA bucket build

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/31920-ukswrath%27s-AM-1%2E0%2C-ATA-bucket-build

Thanks for posting Tony's build thread!

I've never seen this.  Tony is just a beast!  Definitely not human.

• Like 1