Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

One bicep corrected and hook re-secured.

8ABE2235-D6D8-460B-AD35-2794C34567AE_zps

94884B1D-1DB6-45D0-8A03-A11AAD9E8B7B_zps

7541CFC5-34B3-4AB0-B02D-A4ACC880872B_zps

Didn't realise that much of the inner bicep lip was taken out. Mine's assembled but will revisit it. Simple enough to bust out the dremel and sand paper. Great heads up!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Didn't realise that much of the inner bicep lip was taken out. Mine's assembled but will revisit it. Simple enough to bust out the dremel and sand paper. Great heads up!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

It was a really quick fix and no worries mate! Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Belt work: Drop boxes secured and squared to the ends of the ammo belt - next to attach the holster

603FC946-8915-4A93-B745-AFD4C718007A_zps

3A4E1226-98A7-4640-8986-005F442514EA_zps

4DC49787-DD86-4A50-92F1-9EF1CF746F02_zps

23BEEF16-B558-4BFB-AE9E-86D0F91837D0_zps

16D39334-9F1F-4297-A5BA-2ACFF30525E8_zps

4F1A2FD9-BA51-42A4-A22E-F69C8FEC2322_zps

FBBD2C56-F6A2-4779-912B-CC710A1D212E_zps

Glued the drop boxes to the canvas belt double checking the whole way

B2107505-3492-4EAE-A70C-CD6561A2BCD3_zps

C09529C9-DD31-4464-88DF-FA5ED8342681_zps

And after 24 hours

8ABB89FA-8FBD-47D8-ADAC-18158D9BF03E_zps

Dem b some serious drop box contraptions you have der Aaron ;) . Btdub (btw) what holds the belt to the ab?

I have to put those snaps on next before the holster thanks for the reminder good sir

• Like 1

I have to put those snaps on next before the holster thanks for the reminder good sir

I've used Velcro, if you don't wish to drill holes in the ab for snaps... The only thing weighing the belt down is the blaster when holstered. Just another option for you.
  • Like 1

Some crazy drop box configuration...awesome! Do you leave any space between the boxes and the belt? Or is it right up against the edge?

They are about 2mm below the belt just so they move a little.

CRL for Centurion: little to no gap

• Like 4

how does the velcro around the outside edge hold.. is it strong?

I was thinking when I do mine that I would use the sock idea for the pocket and then seal it like that with the velcro.. how strong is it?

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

how does the velcro around the outside edge hold.. is it strong?

I was thinking when I do mine that I would use the sock idea for the pocket and then seal it like that with the velcro.. how strong is it?

Velcro is very strong and holds everything intact (in the picture I'm prying it open with a fair bit of force)

I've made them so that they can be opened apart as trying to squeeze my gloved fingers in there would be a problem.

These storage compartments are meant to just store keys and extra batteries as you won't be able to access them. Nor be able to see them with your bucket and armor on as I have learned. For the stuff I need to access I will have a neck wallet.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Velcro is very strong and holds everything intact (in the picture I'm prying it open with a fair bit of force)

I've made them so that they can be opened apart as trying to squeeze my gloved fingers in there would be a problem.

These storage compartments are meant to just store keys and extra batteries as you won't be able to access them. Nor be able to see them with your bucket and armor on as I have learned. For the stuff I need to access I will have a neck wallet.

Anything kept behind chest plate won't be accessible unless you remove glove and forearm from the arm you're using to try to access that gap...
  • Like 1

If there are any recruits that need to know how to post pictures through Tapatalk I've made a "How to" thread.

How to: Upload and Post Photos using Tapatalk

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/36254-How-to%3A-Upload-and-Post-Photos-using-Tapatalk

Cheers mates, now back to work with me.

• Like 2

This sniper plate is going to be the end of me - E-6000 hasn't held, E-6000 with Fix-it Stik hasn't held, next is silicone and if that don't work I'm gonna screw the thing on and paste over the screw heads - 5 days I've been trying to anchor this thing. Sheesh, I'm putting it aside before I break out a HG in spite.

• Like 1

New plan - if it doesn't hold I'm going to remove the cover strip behind the plate so it sits more flush to the shin - don't get mad, get even

• Like 1